+ Follow This Topic
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with my personal goal....

OK, done deal. So then like I said before, it is almost assuredly not a profile problem.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Nope, your profile is good.

On mine (a few years ago) where it said "What are you typically doing on Friday night?" I said "Contemplating navel lint"... Got a few giggly responses over that. Humor sells.

I guess I'm not funny enough...I think I'll go hit my head for a few minutes, maybe that'll help. Or huffing. Or drinking cough syrup. Or just aggregating Adam Sandler quotes and smoke pot at the same time.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Nah, you don't need to be funny all the time, just demonstrate that you have a sense of humor.

IRL is so much easier. A joke can go completely wrong through e-mail. So if I ever got a date, I wouldn't be worried at all.

OK, new strategy (actually, two: the other is to set a parameter for suggested matches, the lowest rated that they allow). How's this: if they have a photo of themselves on vacation to a cool foreign spot, say something lke "Wow, I've read all about _____ but never been. What stood out on your visit?" Good? bad?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    OK, new strategy (actually, two: the other is to set a parameter for suggested matches, the lowest rated that they allow). How's this: if they have a photo of themselves on vacation to a cool foreign spot, say something lke "Wow, I've read all about _____ but never been. What stood out on your visit?" Good? bad?
    It would be better to comment on something specific in the picture, i think...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Damn. Well, I'm tapped out then...Good thing I didn't send this message just now.

Have you got a shot of you playing hockey?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Nope. In fact, I barely have any photos at all (not narcissistic, nor even have a camera anymore).

What really sucks is I had a stalker in high school..Can't find her on FB to set up a date! Damn, damn, damn.
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 10-04-13 at 10:40 AM.

How recent are those photos?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Within the last year.

I like the glasses on you that you're wearing in the pic taken with the other guy. Are they the one's you wear now or are the big blue ones the one's you normally wear? No offence but i think they're too big for your face. You also need some other photos that show you doing what you like to do.. on your bike for instance. Get your brother or your mother or a friend to take some shots of you.

Just a suggestion but I do think the glasses I mentioned in the pic with the other dude, look much better on your face.

Lol, the big glasses were my friend's. For the sake of the pic, she let me wear 'em for a sec. She said they looked good.

Anyway, I highly doubt my problem is my photos or profile. It's my vanilla plain, too eager and caring messages that are the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    But it's basic common decency to at least tell someone you're busy. Am I crazy for being mad that my phone call was ignored out of some stupid mind game and that my text wasn't responded to out of some stupid mindgame? That's insane!
    Real life from this afternoon: I texted my sister a question. After about an hour without a response, I checked my phone. Turned out that I'd accidentally bumped it to silent and didn't hear her response which she had sent immediately.

You'd call me a stupid mind-game playing bitch. But my sister laughed at me for being a dufus. Which reminds me - I was expecting an email from someone about a week ago which I haven't seen. Better go check and make sure that I haven't missed it. I miss a lot of emails, so it's quite likely.

If people in your world can't make honest mistakes without receiving a stream of your vitriol, you will be lonely for a looooong time.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast