+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with my personal goal....

Help with my personal goal....

..OK, so I stumbled onto a profile of a girl that really caught my eye. The issue is the dreaded first message. Past that, I usually don't have too much trouble except hinting at meeting up... Soooooo....Who can help?

I was thinking of something, but it might be stupid: I notice how enamored by film and music she was, so I was thinking of asking if she's seen any musicals (film or theatre) that she liked (I really dig musicals; yes, completely hetero and not even doubting it).

Good idea, bad idea, in the right direction? any suggestion?

This is the titular goal; I want to do it by midnight this evening.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Have you seen any musicals, been in any, directed one? Big edit.. I read you wrong. Tell her that your like of hockey is to her like of film, and then tell her about your fav team and does she like hockey and then end the email with asking her what her favorite musical is. If she answers your closing question, then you've got a convo going and you can slide your like of musicals into the NEXT email. Don't make the main focus of your email your like of musicals O.o
    Last edited by Wakeup; 04-04-13 at 12:02 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Wait wait wait....hold up.

You're asking if I've been in or seen any? Yes. I don't know if she likes musicals but I imagined it somewhat likely that she would since she really likes film and is very music-oriented..
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Sorry, dude.. reread my post I read your OP wrong (tired) and have reframed.

*where's all the witty men when you need them? They'd be able to help you out way better than I can.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 04-04-13 at 12:01 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Oh you could always challenge her and just email her something like:

Who muttered the word "Rosebud" and in what film did he do it?

Just that one line and see if she answers you.

ROFL man oh man. That's a pretty good one.

Here are some other areas to explore:

-likes biking as well

-fav. authors also include Bukowski, Vonnegut and Twain

-apparently also really likes 80s and 90s (even mentions in "Message Me If": you are open to exchanging mix CD's, which is something I have considered using...)

Start out small and work your way along her profile with each subsequent email. If she doesn't answer you after the first quick poke (as in the movie trivia) then she's not worth you wasting any more of your time on.

Good point. I'll keep that in mind if I get past a first message (especially IF I even get to a first message)...What to say? Aye aye aye!

I'm outta here now so... good luck. Don't sweat it so much, just keep it simple and end with something she can respond to easily enough.

You can do it LR!

ROFL...bearz, you always know just what to quote or embed..

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Sorry, dude.. reread my post I read your OP wrong (tired) and have reframed.

*where's all the witty men when you need them? They'd be able to help you out way better than I can.
    I won't even try. He doesn't really even want help.

Dude, I have her profile on a separate tab, just WAITING to formulate the perfect message and send it...

Fine, Cupcake...

Need the relevant text of her profile. Copy and paste.

*and yes, you're still on my ignore list. I made an exception.

Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
    I really love reading and after being a creative writing major I have read A LOT, so it is too hard for me to pick my favorite books. A few of my favorite authors off the top of my head are Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Isabel Allende, Charles Bukowski, Sylvia Plath, Kurt Vonnegut, and Mark Twain. If you know of any must read authors, poets, or books feel free to message me then.
    Movies have played a major part in my life. I am very open to giving all films a chance. Some of my favorites are Mouth to Mouth, Tracey Fragments, Breakfast Club, Scot Pilgrim, and SLC Punk.
    The only televisions shows I watch an absurd amount of are NCIS, Fringe, and Firefly.
    I really enjoy riot grrrl, punk, folk punk, oldies/classics, indie rock, and cuban musical genres. Although I enjoy most music regardless of genre. I am generally an easy to please person. I have way too many favorite bands. Message me if you would like to discuss music.
    I love pizza and my failed attempts at making vegan food.
    The six things I could never do without
    Other than the basic we need to sustain life m, I'd say black coffee, mango black tea with boba, pizza, books, cats, and creativity/creative outlets.
    I spend a lot of time thinking about
    equality, feminism, veganism, anti-racism, queer issues, disability issues, the environment, and other important social issues. And when I am not thinking about these issues I am usually thinking about the way the wind blows, the lyrics to the song I am listening to, the feeling of bare feet on cold grass, new ideas for whatever creative project I am working on, and on occasion sex. Also, I day dream excessively.
    On a typical Friday night I am
    There really is no real pattern to how I spend my Friday nights, other than being at work.
    But I guess if I am not there it usually involves with some friends or at home watching movies with my cat.
    The most private thing I’m willing to admit
    I am actually a cat and I have a secret mix cd in my car of 90s and 80s pop hits mix.
    I’m looking for

Everybody
    Ages 18–24
    Located anywhere
    For new friends, short-term dating, activity partners, long-distance penpals

You should message me if
    -you feel like it.
    -we have some stuff in common.
    -you are a little lonely/bored.
    -you get nervous like I do when messaging people for the first time.
    -you want to swap vegan recipes.
    -you like hiking, climbing, or just being immersed in nature.
    -you enjoy taking walks, holding hands, and watching the moon and stars.
    -you are open to exchanging mixed CDs.
    -you like to discuss topics and spew fun facts.
    -you think you are pretty rad and you think I am pretty spiffy.
    -you want to be pen-pals with me.
    -you understand that being sex positive for me doesn't mean I will sleep with you just because you offer.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast