+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to get her for her birthday?

What to get her for her birthday?

I'm a guy and my girl bestfriends birthday is in 2 months and she'll be 16. I want to get her something nice but I've observed she doesn't really wear jewelry... She has a boyfriend I'd thought I would let you know... I was thinking of inviting her out for a meal as I know her boyfriend wouldn't mind but I'd like to give her something she can keep... All answers are welcome

I think it is inappropriate for you to ask her out for anything when she has a boyfriend. Maybe get her a journal, or a book about something she's interested in, or a CD, or a $5.00 Starbucks card, for example. Ann
    Ann

A life flowers in a bucked lasts for years. Cactus is good option too.

Ask her boyfriend for advice about the gift. That should be an interesting conversation.

Then go find your own girlfriend.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Lol do you buy your male friends gifts for their birthday? Or bring them out for a meal? You need to back off and find your own gf. I can smell your hidden agenda from the other side of the world.

And the only reason her bf doesnt mind is coz hes too young and too stupid to see that u want his girl..

Maybe hes invided to party so gift is needed. Whats wrong with casual gift anyway.

If we are lucky then soon we will see topic like: Need help with girlfriends ex.

Get her a party pack of condoms that she can 'share' with her real boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Maybe hes invided to party so gift is needed. Whats wrong with casual gift anyway.

If we are lucky then soon we will see topic like: Need help with girlfriends ex.
    OP was talking about jewelry in the first post. Giving jewelry to some other guy's girlfriend isn't casual, it's blatantly disrespectful to the couple.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    OP was talking about jewelry in the first post. Giving jewelry to some other guy's girlfriend isn't casual, it's blatantly disrespectful to the couple.
    though we need to remember that he's only 16 and still figuring this stuff out.

For what it's worth, I see a world of difference between a $10 piece of costume jewellery from one of those accessory stores vs something from a jeweller.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

People, what's with all the hate?

Have 16th birthday parties disappeared in recent times? If not, is it now OK to come to a 16th without a gift?

And what's wrong with putting thought into a gift? Granted, Anon's ideas may be on the inappropriate side, but he's probably only 16 too and still learning this stuff. Shouldn't we as adults be helping guide kids rather than mocking them?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    People, what's with all the hate?

Have 16th birthday parties disappeared in recent times? If not, is it now OK to come to a 16th without a gift?
    If you read the post carefully it's not a party where loads of people are there - he's thinking of invited her to have a meal with him - just the two of them. And we don't hate, we just like to point out peoples' stupidity. Being 16 is no excuse for being stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Being 16 is no excuse for being stupid.
    If thats not. Than what is excuse of being stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    If you read the post carefully it's not a party where loads of people are there - he's thinking of invited her to have a meal with him - just the two of them. And we don't hate, we just like to point out peoples' stupidity. Being 16 is no excuse for being stupid.
    I don't think 'stupid' of a 16yo. I think of being still very much on the early part of life's learning curve. I know I certainly didn't have it all figured out when I was 16....heck, I got married at 20, so I CERTAINLY didn't know it all.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I don't think 'stupid' of a 16yo. I think of being still very much on the early part of life's learning curve. I know I certainly didn't have it all figured out when I was 16....heck, I got married at 20, so I CERTAINLY didn't know it all.
    I'm 49 and still haven't got it all figured out and expect I never will. But in my teens I knew that other peoples' girlfriends were strictly off limits. That's just plain common sense.

At my teens I let rummors out that girl are pregrant. Its was fun to see friends reaction. But got chased by BF afterwards.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 06-04-13 at 06:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast