+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What the hell has happened to me? (Infidelity)

Ya i get what your saying but just because he feels bad doesnt mean we should be nice as pie. A lot of cheaters feel bad at first but it doesnt stop them going back for more. Most people who start an affair feel the xact same as the OP and try to stop it a few times but eventually it gets to the point where they cant deal with the guilt and start blaming their partner, or the OW/OM. Anything to justify in their own head what they are doing until they eventually forget that they ever loved their partner and walk out the door.

Or even if they do stop it straight away-it doesnt stop them thinking about the other person a lot and wondering what if. And when your thoughts are somewhere else thats enough to cause many many issues.

He doesnt get a free pass for feeling guilt coz most cheats feel guilty at first and it doesnt stop him wanting more.

OMG when is this gonna end?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    OMG when is this gonna end?
    Never.

I don't even wanna know what OP is thinking right now.

Probably thinking thank god he isn't married to Michelle

wow that sucks

Im sure his wife will feel just as strongly if he finds his balls and tells her

When you have so much invested in a marriage or relationship, that weighs heaving on the decision to leave. Most stick it out and work through it....especially when children are involved.

I was home for a couple days this weekend. I realize this probably sounds messed up, but I feel like what happened has made me even more committed to my wife and my family. Maybe it was just looking near complete disaster in the face that made me realize it fully, but I am so incredibly thankful for what I have and I can't believe I did something to endanger it. I still feel like an adulterous sack of shit, which of course I suppose I am, but I'm hopeful that as several folks have suggested, I can learn from this mistake and move on.

You will for sure. I believe everyone has a moment of weakness that seems inexcusable...but that is just being human, we all make mistakes, and mistakes are made to teach us more about life.

You already know what to do you already know what's right, why you did what you did isn't as important as what you did, I understand the need to vent but, you dont need any help with this one you already know what is the right thing to do

Hes not gonna tell her. Cowards way out. Lets go on living a lie and pretend to be the perfect husband and father..

I wonder did these people on here who are being so nice cheat on their partners?

Would you want your boyfriend to tell you?
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Would you want your boyfriend to tell you?
    yes of course I would. I dont want to live a lie and sleep beside a stranger every night. the lie hurts 100 times more

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Hes not gonna tell her. Cowards way out. Lets go on living a lie and pretend to be the perfect husband and father..

I wonder did these people on here who are being so nice cheat on their partners?
    Talk about a dog on a bone. O.o

It's between him and his wife now and whatever he decides to do is his biz. Lets all hope he's learned a lesson. Sounds like he has.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

lol........... glad im not his wife

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast