+ Follow This Topic
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm just not a fun guy...

Quit stressin'.

Buy yourself a six-pack of beer the night before and drink it watching a hockey game or something so you can sleep, or some sominex if you're liable to get a hangover.

Gee whiz, just when I thought the complicated part was over....I set the spot, and she asks if it is the halfway point for us. Not quite; I made it easier for both, but she would have to drive 8-10 miles less than I would. Now how do I answer? It makes me suspect that perhaps she can't get there...hurm..
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Just say "Pretty much", and leave it at that.

Yer making this more complicated that it really is. This is just a meet and greet, so she knows you are not some creepo. She's going to be nervous to you ding-a-ling.

Lol, but this time it wasn't me who's making it more complicated (for once). And what's that about a ding-a-ling? Somebody channeling the ghost of Chuck Berry this morning?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Now provided nothing else funny happens, I have a response confirming the place and time so I am thinking of just saying "Ok, so 5:30 at the (place). Here's my number: (x)" although on the other hand, maybe I should get her number so I can call her the day of to confirm? What's worse is, she says she doesn't get out of class until 4:30 and I imagine right after she might head out to meet me there...ARRRgh.

Just send her a message that says "In case you need to get in contact with me, here's my number. Then leave it up to her to give you her number or call you. Gives her the control and won't make her feel like you're asking for her personal contact info. She may VOLUNTEER to do so, but it removes the pressure.

Oh yeah, and maybe send that the day before along with "Just confirming that we're still on for tomorrow" - no need to let her know that you think women are stupid and can't remember where/when she agreed to meet.

Geez...seems like I can only get half of the right ideas.

Nah, you have the right instincts, but look at it this way - would you send that message to a guy you were supposed to meet? Probably not.

5:30, typically the middle of rush hour. Travel time might be a factor. However, if it is working out, it could morph into the evening meal at a romantic little bistro. Just the two of you. A glass of wine. Live jazz music playing somewhere. She flips her hair. You catch a sparkle in her eye. Words start flowing fast and furious. Sparks getting ignited. She whispers in your ear "You wanna?" You say "Well, actually this is just a meet and greet. Nothing sexual is supposed to happen until the third date." She rolls her eyes and walks away.

^^^lmao! :p

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    5:30, typically the middle of rush hour. Travel time might be a factor. However, if it is working out, it could morph into the evening meal at a romantic little bistro. Just the two of you. A glass of wine. Live jazz music playing somewhere. She flips her hair. You catch a sparkle in her eye. Words start flowing fast and furious. Sparks getting ignited. She whispers in your ear "You wanna?" You say "Well, actually this is just a meet and greet. Nothing sexual is supposed to happen until the third date." She rolls her eyes and walks away.
    That is so much better than my vision of it; in mine, it turns out she's a replicant.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Nah, you have the right instincts, but look at it this way - would you send that message to a guy you were supposed to meet? Probably not.
    Seems like the sort of thing I actually HAVE been saying to those who I've had to meet..

Uh huh.

Remember when I said I wish I could just take you out as my wingman? You probably wouldn't have had such a great time, that being the case. I'm a blunt and direct enough communicator that were you to say something like that, I'd say back "What motivates you to say that?"

A better policy if you can cultivate it, is to assume that they remember, assume that if they don't remember, your gentle reminder (like 'are we still on for tomorrow?') will be sufficient to jog their memories, and further that if they don't, they'll pick up enough to go through their email and find out when/where they're supposed to be.

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast