+ Follow This Topic
Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm just not a fun guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    That is so much better than my vision of it; in mine, it turns out she's a replicant.

LOL! I there is an Austin Powers theme on the site these days....

OK, so now the conversation is over; we're set for Thursday so I haven't got to worry any further about correspondence except a confirmation email.

So no pressure at all: if I **** up, this only the last chance I'll have the rest of my life and blowing this opportunity will only hang over my head until I'm on my death bed. No pressure at all..
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Horseshit. It's not even close to your last chance. You're so damned young, and everything feels so important and significant... it isn't really like that.

When you send your confirmation email you say in there that you're really looking forward to meeting her F2F. Also, you could send it on Wed rather than Thursday.

Oh, I was planning on sending it Wednesday. Considering that responses take hours between, owing to her schedule, I expect to send it early in the day...

And bro, it took me YEARS and extremely good fortune to have a chance like this. Sucks that she's moving: a lot in common AND c'mon, no other girl will ever message me first like she did (although I actually was going to message her first, except I had to rush out the door to get somewhere).
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Uh... no, it didn't. It took a couple of weeks of effort after you were finally convinced to try.

Lol; I meant, it's been years since I've had anything going with a girl. 2010 was the last time, and she was drunk. Prior to that, I hadn't had anything since late 2008. Since 2008, I've gotten better at everything except with girls, who I only seem to regress with and actually keep getting worse with..

Lol, **** no...ABC was badass! Psychedelic Furs never really had a good album but their singles ranked among the finest of the time. A Flock of Seagulls had one of the most unappreciated albums; their eponymous debut album, though having "I Ran (So Far Away)", is on the whole a largely meritorious concept New Wave album.
    reposting here so as to stay on topic....

I'd like to give you some advice. It's great that you have a good vocab, but using words such as "eponymous" and "meritorious" is risky when you're with a girl. If she's also got a good vocab and inclined to show off that vocab, she may be impressed. But if she's a bit more down to earth, she's likely to think that you're a wanker.

Though I guess that if you will only accept a girlfriend who has an extensive vocab - you've got the perfect method of having the others weed themselves out ;-)

Edited to add: please spare me the jibes about dumb Americans. I know a number of extremely intelligent people who speak in a manner which is accessible to all. For them, being understood by different types of people is more important than displaying intelligence.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 15-04-13 at 06:46 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Lol; I meant, it's been years since I've had anything going with a girl. 2010 was the last time, and she was drunk. Prior to that, I hadn't had anything since late 2008. Since 2008, I've gotten better at everything except with girls, who I only seem to regress with and actually keep getting worse with..
    Excuse me but you've got nothing "going" with this girl either. It's a bloody first MEET nothing more, nothing less. You're working yourself up to be a hateful little boy again who thinks all women are C words (especially the "hot" ones) if this doesn't work out. Cut your expectations and be more mature about the reality of this situation.

It's fine to be excited. It's certainly emotionally damaging to be so invested in someone and expecting so much from someone you've not even met.

STOP it.

*As for your "the last time I had anything "going" with a girl" That is your fault. You stop pursuing then it stops. The males have been doing the majority of the initial pursuiing since the beginning of time.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 15-04-13 at 11:22 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I agree with Wakeup. You are just meeting this girl. Don't build it up to be some great thing. This is just an opportunity for you guys to meet and get to know a little bit about each other.

Just don't be a doosh and talk over her head. Ask her questions, listen, and respond. I would also think about a few conversation starters/things to talk about before, as usually as a guy we have to keep the coversations going. Also, assuming you both are 21 alcohol is a good thing. Have a drink or two it will loosen both of you up.

I never said it was anything more. But this is technically even the first remote opportunity, and could pretty well be the last.

You know if you were in reach, I'd smack you upside u head. You DID say exactly that (not in so many words) but yes, you're putting far too much value on this meet. It's going to turn you jaded and totally unable to live with if she doesn't see you again or if she does and she moves away.

STOP IT.

it will only be "the last" if you go into your usual pattern.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

"Anything" also includes getting a girl's phone number, meeting her anywhere (platonic or otherwise)...In all those years, I just hung with the guys, sorta hoping for some miraculous introduction or random event like hooking up but wasn't counting on it.

But I like that you can tell me what I meant. Maybe you can take my quizzes for me; I know the material but the questions are SO poorly worded that I get at least 3 of 10 wrong even though I know the material exactly.

Grow up. You are what you eat and the reason you've not had any thing "going" with any chick in and dynamic is because you stop trying.

It's clear no matter what words you use or what excuses you spew to try and make it look like you mean something else.

Just go with an open mind and without thinking that this is going to be the love of your life as she moves away and you're on here in 10 years telling all the new posters how your last chance, the last thing you had "going" with a chick was in 2013.

"Z" snaps.

I wasn't thinking "love of my life", at all: I ain't dumb. BUT..I kinda secretly hope it turns out to be casual, physical fun. That'd lift my esteem right up!

What does " 'Z' snaps" mean?
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 16-04-13 at 01:26 AM.

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast