+ Follow This Topic
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm just not a fun guy...

Must be a generational thang because I consider "got something going with" to mean you are already hooking up, or you're already dating and seeing where it leads. In other words, when the "it" already exists rather than still in the process of trying to get the "it" going.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Lol, I can see that context too. You have to remember, though: even very minimal activity still counts as "something" for me. At my age and with my looks, I gotta hold on to any little chance or thing I get.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Horseshit. It's not even close to your last chance. You're so damned young, and everything feels so important and significant... it isn't really like that.

When you send your confirmation email you say in there that you're really looking forward to meeting her F2F. Also, you could send it on Wed rather than Thursday.
    This is good. I am trying to word a confirmation message and send it today. Any suggestions?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Hey ______.

I'm really looking forward to meeting you face to face on Friday. I just wanted to confirm that we're still on for _____ at ______.

then sign it.

Cool. Now here goes my overthinking as usual but...since the e-mails are all in a chain (the way that OKC does their inbox), all the pertinent info is kinda already above. Should I still specifically list the place and time? Or just keep it to a simple "Hey___. Looking foward to meeting you tomorrow...I just wanted to confirm that we're still on?"

Funny story, too: my inbox still messages from Game Playing Girl..she deleted her profile. I wonder if that means she already is in a relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Cool. Now here goes my overthinking as usual but...since the e-mails are all in a chain (the way that OKC does their inbox), all the pertinent info is kinda already above. Should I still specifically list the place and time? Or just keep it to a simple "Hey___. Looking foward to meeting you tomorrow...I just wanted to confirm that we're still on?"
    Yeah, that's actually a better idea in that case.

And yes, it usually means they're in a relationship when they delete their profile.

Aww, rats. I guess she really was lying when she said her profile that she just wants to play the field, not get serious...

I said "usually". Not always. Maybe she just decided to give it a break for a while.

Ah.

Well, here's what I've been up to lately: "Oh, wow, she's attractive...No chance. Next." I just cannot get myself to message another girl. Probably have gone through just about every 20-23 profile in a 16 mile radius..

So now is that time for the kick up the ass which I talked about earlier. And not the self flagellation foot!
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    All right, I see your points. But how come whenever I was positive and upbeat, that my status didn't change with my attitude?
    Because you aren't being wholehearted. Your efforts aren't working b/c you aren't being who you are, but who you *think* you should be. Very different.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    I generally tend to distrust psychiatrists - They're MD's first and mental tinkerers second. I think they're more likely to prescribe drugs and not get at the root of the problem.

And again, psychology isn't science, it's art. Some artists are better than others.
    Not to digress, but I have yet to meet a psychiatrist I didn't think was nuts themselves. Many MDs are already on the ragged edge and those are the worst, IMO. Not that my N is huge, but it's enough to say I met suicidals, philanderers, those whose licences were pulled...

I will also, just for fun, submit that scientists and artists have a lot of common character traits. Creative, single-minded, outside the box thinkers, cranky, temperamental, slow to change their opinions...
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    So now is that time for the kick up the ass which I talked about earlier. And not the self flagellation foot!
    No. He's looking for the beating b/c he thinks he deserves it. Not sure why; that's his gibbering monkey to take a look at.

We love you, LR. You're a young hottie. Just go chat up another girly and let us know how it goes.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    No. He's looking for the beating b/c he thinks he deserves it. Not sure why; that's his gibbering monkey to take a look at.

We love you, LR. You're a young hottie. Just go chat up another girly and let us know how it goes.
    I think you're onto something there...If I had a guy like HIA as wingman, I'd have figured this all out by now I am sure. I wish I could believe that last part; however, if that was even remotely true, I'd have had some success by now..

And I have hit a huge brick wall. Have not been able to message any other girl since that Game Playing Girl..

I think you're onto something there...If I had a guy like HIA as wingman, I'd have figured this all out by now I am sure. I wish I could believe that last part; however, if that was even remotely true, I'd have had some success by now..
    How many times do we have to tell you that your approach is the thing blocking your success? It's got nothing to do with your appearance.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast