+ Follow This Topic
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm just not a fun guy...

I think you're right. I should admit that my technique is laughable. I'm probably decent or average looking, no reason I couldn't get a commensurately homely looking girl right?

Maybe the biggest obstacle is social: I don't like what my peers like. I don't think like them. I guess there's nothing to talk about with these girls; we have nothing in common, which means having nothing to talk about.

It's probably way too late by now but I am going to get a friend's help to just start liking whatever might help me make friends, even if I don't like those things.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

You got it backwards - you'd be my wingman. Wingman is the less-experienced one. I'd feed ya lines, give you advice and funnel chix to ya.

Hell, one of my friends back in California is now married to a chick that was into me, and I pointed her at him. True story! Makes me happy that two of my friends are married to each other now, and I had something to do with it. It wasn't ALL me, but I was the initial instigator.

Oh, and you'd better believe the last part. Indi's a (virtual) friend of mine, and she and my wife both said that you're cute. You gonna call them liars? You don't want to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I think you're right. I should admit that my technique is laughable. I'm probably decent or average looking, no reason I couldn't get a commensurately homely looking girl right?

Maybe the biggest obstacle is social: I don't like what my peers like. I don't think like them. I guess there's nothing to talk about with these girls; we have nothing in common, which means having nothing to talk about.

It's probably way too late by now but I am going to get a friend's help to just start liking whatever might help me make friends, even if I don't like those things.
    It's not your technique which lets you down. It's the self pitying which you indulge in that causes you to fail....along with overthinking everything to the nth degree. And the way you think that you're the only person in the world who has suffered hardship and rejection.

If you're not careful, I'll start a thread where all the other posters (me included) can tell you about all the shitty things which have happened to us and how despite this, we still managed to keep our lives on track. We can show that a shitty past is no excuse for such self pity.

Judging by what you write about girls, it does very much seem that you really don't like or respect them. And that you have no respect for your other peers. With this attitude, it's really no surprise that you're in this situation. To be frank, given your absolute disrespect for girls, I have no idea why you want a girlfriend.

And again (I have no idea how many times I've said this), you don't have to LIKE what your peers like. But you do have to respect their choices. The nasty and judgemental things you say about the stuff you don't like makes can make you very unpleasant company.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

On second thoughts, I will start that thread about all the shitty things which have happened to the rest of us. Hopefully, it will help you realise that you're no worse of than anyone else.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    On second thoughts, I will start that thread about all the shitty things which have happened to the rest of us. Hopefully, it will help you realise that you're no worse of than anyone else.
    I'll participate. If LR takes it to heart perhaps he'll learn a thing or two about resilience... I've had girls do some ****ED UP shit to me, not the mole-hills he imagines into mountains.

Thanks HIA. Glad to have you on board. Oh, and that should have read "worse OFF". I can mostly live with spellos, but not the ones which make me look like I'm illiterate.

I do not be illitert! I kan reed n rite n everthing!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I think you're onto something there...If I had a guy like HIA as wingman, I'd have figured this all out by now I am sure. I wish I could believe that last part; however, if that was even remotely true, I'd have had some success by now..

And I have hit a huge brick wall. Have not been able to message any other girl since that Game Playing Girl..
    Of course I'm onto something. Brain the size of a small planet w/ego to match...

Just ask. Rate you are going, I want to see you safely married off before I die...
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Here's some ****ing great news: I decided to bike the 26 miles there, to get my bearings AND do what I've always wanted to (bike to the beach). I show up, an hour and a half goes by, now I have to turn around because she no showed. No contact, either. >:O

So I had an invitation earlier to hang out with some friends that I had to turn down to meet her. So she canceled; I think, OK no need to get really depressed. I achieved a personal goal AND can see those friends. AND THEY ****ING CANCEL ON ME TOO!
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 19-04-13 at 12:36 PM.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Seriously?! That reeeeeally sucks, man.

It's happened to me, too.

It gets worse. She chose to message me on OKC HALF an hour before the meet time; it takes an HOUR driving to get there! In fact, I chose to make it easier on her and select a location in which she'd go 14 miles, while I'd bear the brunt of the travel at 26, so not at all halfway. PLUS, all she'd have to do is go 14 miles east on Pacific Coast Highway! And NOW she says she doesn't want to meet up whatsoever...

I was in the coffee shop, waiting that entire time, was so prepared (the point of biking) that I thought "I got this." Waiting in a crowded place for someone who doesn't show sucks.

The time I would've been at my best...I wasn't even given a chance.
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 19-04-13 at 12:52 PM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LR, I'm sorry hun, but now you know. She's a flake. Find someone with better manners. People who can't treat others with respect in early contact will *never* improve. Is this the same woman who was rude to you before about not returning your messages? If so, ditch her. Just cut or delete the contact.

Awesome bike ride btw. You should move to the west coast, you'd fit right in.

Shall I tell you how someone with class engages in these exchanges? It goes something like this:

Dear x - Thank you for the lovely message. I too enjoy xxx (whatever topic you are discussing)... I would be delighted to meet you at xxx, unfortunately I will be out of town that evening. Are you available for tea or coffee on xxx? May I suggest we meet at xxx, which would be half-way between our locations? Enjoy the sunny weather, looking forward to your reply.

Best,
    y

It doesn't have to be quite like this, my generation and profession is a bit more formal, but you get the general idea. There are polite requests made, with consideration given to the other party.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 19-04-13 at 02:26 PM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Nah, this wasn't the game playing girl...And aside from the personal goal accomplishment, there is HARDLY a silver lining to be had here. That was the closest I'll probably get to an actual meet.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, you have to sift through a lot of rocks to find a diamond, LR. See my edits. Perhaps you want to step up your politeness tone, which will attract women who can appreciate this quality. Do you consider yourself a generally well-mannered young man? That is an asset and makes you stand out.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Yeah, but those are way too good for me to ever have thought of. I suck with messages. And I'm just thinking of deleting my profile and going through life hoping something happens..

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast