+ Follow This Topic
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm just not a fun guy...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Well, I'm just more irritated at her STUPID decision to message me on the site rather than at least send a text. That is so typical of this generation. I looked real stupid in the coffee shop and heard a snide remark or two.
    Look, she sent you a message from her computer. So what? Maybe she doesn't like to text. I certainly don't. Of course, I also warned my dates about this, but she is young and dumb. End of the day, it's your responsibility how you let people treat you.

As for the coffee shop, trust me, people care less than you think. Those snide remarks were almost certainly not directed at you. On the remote chance they were, then they are idiots to judge a stranger so, again, get over it. Put your energy into people who matter, LR.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Actually, they were directed at me. They walked past me and leaned over to make them. I still try to take SOME silver lining out of this (first time riding to the beach and got 50 pages into this novel).

Here's some more hilarity: I was FINALLY going to message a girl just now. I go to send a message; her inbox is FULL.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOOOL. Those people who leaned over you are losers. Only really miserable people take pleasure in other people's disappointments.

So, try another girl. I gotta go. I'll check in on you later this weekend. Keep smiling, babe.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

They're not losers: they're probably richer than I'll ever be AND she was almost certainly married. Two things I probably won't ever be. So who's the real loser?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Actually, they were directed at me. They walked past me and leaned over to make them.
    Did you completely ignore the rest of what Indi said about them?! This:

they are idiots to judge a stranger so, again, get over it. Put your energy into people who matter, LR.
    And so what if that girl's inbox is full? Send a message to another girl.

[edit] Indi beat me to it :-).

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    They're not losers: they're probably richer than I'll ever be AND she was almost certainly married.
    Married and rich =/= happy. I speak from personal experience.

Again, noone who does what they did are happy. It's hateful. Unless you did something to antagonize them, in which case, then it might be karma.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

1/ No way you biked 26 ****ing miles

2/How humiliating

3/lol

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Did you completely ignore the rest of what Indi said about them?! This:

And so what if that girl's inbox is full? Send a message to another girl.

[edit] Indi beat me to it :-).
    In retrospect, I now think that the girl was actually one of those fake profiles to trick users into spending money on what is otherwise a predominantly free site. Good, albeit only single, pic and no profile info. Could easily be a fake profile, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Immaisback View Post

2/How humiliating

3/lol
    50 miles altogether. WITH double duty bike tires. That shit causes burning and fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by Immaisback View Post
    Why not? My wife and I did it last year for our anniversary, pulling trailers full of camping gear. It was a hoot.

50 miles altogether. WITH double duty bike tires. That shit causes burning and fatigue.
    Invest in some of those tires I sent you a link for. They help quite a bit.

Yeah but didn't you say they probably wouldn't survive goatheads?

Yeah but didn't you say they probably wouldn't survive goatheads?
    Nothing I've ever seen will survive goat-heads. They are kevlar belted, so maybe. You could also put some slime in your tube.

My current tires do. Only cost $15 incl. labor to replace them.

In retrospect, I now think that the girl was actually one of those fake profiles to trick users into spending money on what is otherwise a predominantly free site. Good, albeit only single, pic and no profile info. Could easily be a fake profile, I guess.
    What does this have to do with what I wrote in the post you quoted?

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast