+ Follow This Topic
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm just not a fun guy...

Those aren't half as cool as working at Tim Horton's. Starbucks is kinda douchey. And I hear grocery stores involve dealing with most of the ugliest aspects of humanity: old ladies yelling at you because you can't put the potatoes on top of the bread and defy the laws of gravity to put everything in one bag, fat people angry because they can't stuff their fat since they have to wait for less important people...*shudders*

If it wasn't so late, I'd do what I could to work at the ice rink nearby or The Pond. It's far too late, though; in the case of the former, NOBODY leaves working at the rink. Seriously, there is no turnover. And in the latter, the season is already done. And even for concerts, they only hire in September.

There are number of jobs I can't do: sales is one. They fire you if you don't sell things and don't give you a chance to improve or get pointers. That would be so humiliating, I'd probably go home and kill myself.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Those aren't half as cool as working at Tim Horton's. Starbucks is kinda douchey. And I hear grocery stores involve dealing with most of the ugliest aspects of humanity: old ladies yelling at you because you can't put the potatoes on top of the bread and defy the laws of gravity to put everything in one bag, fat people angry because they can't stuff their fat since they have to wait for less important people...*shudders*

If it wasn't so late, I'd do what I could to work at the ice rink nearby or The Pond. It's far too late, though; in the case of the former, NOBODY leaves working at the rink. Seriously, there is no turnover. And in the latter, the season is already done. And even for concerts, they only hire in September.

There are number of jobs I can't do: sales is one. They fire you if you don't sell things and don't give you a chance to improve or get pointers. That would be so humiliating, I'd probably go home and kill myself.
    You "hear" and know shit. You're very excellento at making excuses though.. For that I give you huge kudos.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Think about it: impatient humans coming home from stressful jobs, annoying bratty children and completely discontent with the course of their lives. They're looking to take it out on anyone who will listen. Their saying "Stupid dumbshit high school dropout; you put my stuff into too many bags. You're a ****ing retard." actually translates into "I hate my life so I hate you, too, bagboy: hear me bitch so I can feel superior to you."

Personally, I think as far as non-special labor goes, cashier is the best thing one can be. I am hoping to get that, or busboy again, which I really liked and not just for the tips: it's not having to serve the same bitchy people as in the bagboy position mentioned above, but it does allow for interaction. And it would be sort of like a free workout: I used to have some muscle back in my busser days..
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Whatever dude. Seems what you're doing is working for you the way that keeps you comfortable in your complaining and excuse for continuing to be who you are. Don't let me talk you out of that bliss.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I'm trying. Really. And once I get that makeover, things will sure be different. Can't wait...

As Rosa Rosanna Danna once said. "It's always something."

Lol, no, really. I am confident that once I get a makeover, it'll be the end of the guy I am now..I'll be someone entirely different. And who knows? I might actually be HAPPY. Now I just need a job...

LR, what about working in a bar? I hear that some girls hit on the bartender....
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Lol. I've dreamt of it since I saw "Cocktail"...but one has to have SWAG to be a bartender. And can't be short.

Better work as a waitress, less expierience needed and you can have oppurtunity to talk with strangers including girls.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Well, I can't be a waitress since I'm a GUY, lol...I'd rather be a busser than server. I am hoping I land a busser job again, which is what I am applying for.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Lol. I've dreamt of it since I saw "Cocktail"...but one has to have SWAG to be a bartender. And can't be short.
    Forget the high class bar and think about a pub. Somewhere where accessible people go. And I've known plenty of short bartenders....as long as you can reach the bottles, you'd be fine.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

That would be pretty cool. Well, we'll just have to wait until we see what effects the makeover has and if I get swag from it. The course of the rest of my life rests on this one single thing. Talk about significant!

not understanding SWAG. I Googled it and got conflicting definitions.

It's the state of being a BAMF, and also the sort that has haters who will hate.

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast