+ Follow This Topic
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm just not a fun guy...

Cheesecake Factory? I THINK same would apply because their busser standards also mean refills and you know how restaurant patrons get: they like to talk to anybody assisting them. So I expect if hired that the same thing would happen. I would only think bussers have lesser interaction in fast food where their only responsibility is cleaning up after patrons who don't have the decency to clean their own messes.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I've a low temper and get aggressive somewhat easily, so maybe I might end up abusing those abilities (not on the job, though).
    Then you really ought to go get some counseling. You will NOT pass the psych eval in your current state.

Well, I dunno. I know that any restaurant I've been in, the servers serve and the bussers only come in after the guests have left, clean up and then re-set the table for the next guest.

Anyway, getting out there and working is the main thing. Interacting and learning to socialize can't happen until you've made your miracle-makeover so I dunno wtf I'm even talking about social interaction. What was I thinking. duh.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Then you really ought to go get some counseling. You will NOT pass the psych eval in your current state.
    Sure I will. I'll be a different guy by then.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

That way, in the prisons or outside, I'll be able to defend myself. I've a low temper and get aggressive somewhat easily, so maybe I might end up abusing those abilities (not on the job, though).
    The low temper and aggressiveness is a personality flaw. You'll be more attractive if you learn to control your temper and calm a situation with words instead of using fists. Using fists is the meathead method. Educated men use their words....or they walk away.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Non-violent resistance isn't always good. Some guys deserve to be taught that if they run their mouths or do bad shit that they're gonna get it. Violence can be an effective deterrent.

But if I've got more money than these guys and a way hotter chick, then I won't need to kick their asses.

Sure I will. I'll be a different guy by then.
    Keep tellin' yourself that.

You don't have to believe it. I just know it will be true and that's good enough for me. The only thing is, I wish I woulda done it sooner..Imagine if I'd done this sort of thing years ago. I'm a few years closer towards death and only now might I start living. Very sad.

You won't be a different guy unless you take steps to become a different guy. You won't do so, so you won't be different, Q.E.D.

It's obvious. Your belief otherwise is self-deluding, and will not ultimately be productive.

What is Q.E.D.? Anyway, I am doing things to become different; I find myself stopping myself from being judgmental on the streets and out there in the real world. I also plan to get a USB external drive, asking a friend of mine who's hip what I should listen to and downloading it onto the external drive (sparing my internal HD for my real music), and I am going to be such a yuppie when all is said and done..Gonna blend right in.

Trying to be special is folly; mediocrity is impossible to surmount so might as well enjoy a hedonistic mediocrity!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q.E.D.

.... and .....

Here we go again.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I am telling ya guys and girls; your advice to me will not have been for nothing! This makeover and BAM! Happy, productive member of society living a life geeks would kill for.

*snerk* Sure thing, Cupcake.

Lmfao, "snerk"? LOL....

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast