+ Follow This Topic
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm just not a fun guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I am telling ya guys and girls; your advice to me will not have been for nothing! This makeover and BAM! Happy, productive member of society living a life geeks would kill for.
    You know what I read when I read your shit now... Think of Lucy from Charlie Brown when she's suppose to be listening/talking to her teacher and all we hear from the teacher is a trumpet wah wah, wahing.

Like I tell everyone that that comes here and tells us they're gf/bf said this.. well i tell them that they should believe his/her actions and stop listening to his/her words without subtance.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Non-violent resistance isn't always good. Some guys deserve to be taught that if they run their mouths or do bad shit that they're gonna get it. Violence can be an effective deterrent.
    And here was me thinking that you had no meathead qualities. My bad.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    You know what I read when I read your shit now... Think of Lucy from Charlie Brown when she's suppose to be listening/talking to her teacher and all we hear from the teacher is a trumpet wah wah, wahing.

Like I tell everyone that that comes here and tells us they're gf/bf said this.. well i tell them that they should believe his/her actions and stop listening to his/her words without subtance.
    Watch, once I get the money, you'll be reading posts from a totally different guy. I'd stake money on it.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

I'm done. Really.

I don't get it. I finally start working towards being better and confident...and now I get all this hate?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

No hate, at least not from me. Just disappointment. You're not working towards anything, you're making superficial changes to your appearance because you don't want to do the things you need to actually grow and be successful. You think that getting a GF is some magic elixir that will change you.

Hell, you made a brief effort and had some small successes and when that didn't give you instant gratification, you gave up on it.

Well, if you noticed, I also included how I am working on not being judgmental. As a point in fact, I said I was going to listen to everyone's music and be more open minded, earlier.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Baby steps, LR. Keep doing your thing. Work from the edges into the core. I have faith in you, kiddo.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Thanks, Indi. I've felt a lot better this week since trying it out..but 1/4 of the times I'm so impatient as to really getting started!

Doing something pretty cool tomorrow: going to a restaurant serving Middle-Eastern food, from all across the Levant. And not solo, either! Going with an old friend who lives pretty far.

Well, if you noticed, I also included how I am working on not being judgmental. As a point in fact, I said I was going to listen to everyone's music and be more open minded, earlier.
    *I* noticed.

BTW, You'll still hear crap music - it's all about being tactful I give a fellow your age a lift to work when it's raining. I know for a fact that he listens to old school rock....but he says nothing about me playing Indie music in the car. And for what it's worth, I don't like everything I hear even in my favourite genre.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Thanks, Indi. I've felt a lot better this week since trying it out..but 1/4 of the times I'm so impatient as to really getting started!

Doing something pretty cool tomorrow: going to a restaurant serving Middle-Eastern food, from all across the Levant. And not solo, either! Going with an old friend who lives pretty far.
    Yay for you.

LR! there's hope! You should check out cougar dating sites lol.

Oh, I have,,,

I read up on some other strategies, like find a bar that has an 80's night....apparently you will find them there.

Oh, I have,,,
    What? You mean your software didn't guilt you out of it?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast