+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm just not a fun guy...

Yeah; I guess as a writer, I might make a good contributor to...I dunno yet. But maybe I just ain't BF material.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    LR. You are awesome, really and no BS. Saw your pic, btw. You are a real cutie. Maybe get some more hip (less bottle-sized) specs or contacts but you are a handsome, intelligent young man. Lots going for you.

Be wholehearted--do you understand my reference? A simple 'yes, mom' will do. If not, do your damned homework.
    Is "Be wholehearted" from GNC?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Hey Supergenius - ever think about how we got that way?

She's not picking on you, she's pointing out to you over and over that the problem is your attitude.
    To be honest, it's not just about pointing out the attitude problem. It's also the broad insults to my gender such as "This experience just proves good looking chicks aren't ever earnest. They're all a buncha game-playing bitches."

LR, you may have noticed that I've said nothing bad to you for a while (until yesterday). That was because, for a change, you were being respectful of others. And it wasn't unpleasant to have you around. But then you go and broadly insult every good looking girl of my gender. Being a female and good looking in my hey-day, your insult includes me. And when I'm offended, I pay it back. So if you don't want to have me paying it back, I suggest you stop the broad insults in the first place.

In short if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. But don't go all whiney when I return the insults you dish out.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Eh, I guess what I said out of frustration just proves I should aim WAY lower. That way, instead of bashing a gender, I can just express my disappointment in having a partner I don't like whatsoever. Seems more fair.

I started off believing, doing what you guys said...Now I just want to blow my brains out.My stupid brain just doesn't work normally.
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 10-04-13 at 03:29 PM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Is "Be wholehearted" from GNC?
    The PM I sent. Did you do your homework?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eh, I guess what I said out of frustration just proves I should aim WAY lower. That way, instead of bashing a gender, I can just express my disappointment in having a partner I don't like whatsoever. Seems more fair.

I started off believing, doing what you guys said...Now I just want to blow my brains out.My stupid brain just doesn't work normally.
    Consistency, kiddo. That's the ticket. We all struggle with it, btw. I'm procrastinating like the best of them this morning.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Thanks for the help. It just seems I lack the aptitude for it so I'm thinking of just quitting.. I don't really hold much hope for all the meetups I've got planned, either. I guess all I really need is anti-depressants and things to keep myself busy.

No your brain does not work normally. I can honestly say I've never seen such a spray of vitriol over something as relatively minor as a delayed text. And even if she WAS playing games, it still deserves nothing more significant than a roll of the eyes and a "next" on your part. That level of outburst should be reserved for being cheated on.

Also, being frustrated is no excuse for being obnoxious. How will you manage to maintain a relationship if this is how you behave when frustrated/confused? You really need to learn to control this temper of yours...and especially to not sweat the small stuff.

Have you re-booked that psychologist yet?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Well, I'm not just thinking for myself: the other guys like me being abused by attractive women who exploit their looks to violate societal conventions. Cases like this girl just prove that attractive girls are as generalized; rarely do homely girls act in this fashion. Besides, I'm in no position to just shrug off a tease: I get extremely few, limited opportunities. If I don't take advantage of one, it could pretty much be my last.

Lol and speak of the devil, I got a text from her a half hour ago. LOL....Even more hilarious, NO mention of why my call was "missed" nor my text "missed"...Every other human being Ive ever met has always asked for a pardon. NOT THIS ONE. And anyway, as re: frustration, it would be a lot easier to handle in a relationship: what I don't like at all is finally having cause to get excited and then it goes abominably such as in this instance. That's the worst thing of all, like Providence putting a million dollar bill on a string and...well, you know the trick.

Nope. Didn't think I was going to need a psychologist, since I'd already had visions of going on a date. Boy, was that misguided.

Thanks for the help. It just seems I lack the aptitude for it so I'm thinking of just quitting.. I don't really hold much hope for all the meetups I've got planned, either. I guess all I really need is anti-depressants and things to keep myself busy.
    Maybe I'm just not a fun guy
    You're proving it spewing that bs ^^^^
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Lol. I think that baby would have better luck than I...

ahaa.. you saw that before I deleted it. Good. That's you, dude.. not "that baby"
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    You're proving it spewing that bs ^^^^
    Whatchu talkin' 'bout?

Go back and read what I quoted. You're proving you're not a fun guy. Fun guys don't keep spewing that crap about themselves every chance they get. You are NOT a fun guy. I believe you.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, I'm not just thinking for myself: the other guys like me being abused by attractive women who exploit their looks to violate societal conventions. Cases like this girl just prove that attractive girls are as generalized; rarely do homely girls act in this fashion. Besides, I'm in no position to just shrug off a tease: I get extremely few, limited opportunities. If I don't take advantage of one, it could pretty much be

Lol and speak of the devil, I got a text from her a half hour ago. LOL....Even more hilarious, NO mention of why my call was "missed" nor my text "missed"...Every other human being Ive ever met has always asked for a pardon. NOT THIS ONE. And anyway, as re: frustration, it would be a lot easier to handle in a relationship: what I don't like at all is finally having cause to get excited and then it goes abominably such as in this instance. That's the worst thing of all, like Providence putting a million dollar bill on a string and...well, you know the trick..
    If she is rude then call her out on it. Just tell her ... "Thanks for the text. But I assumed since I didn't hear back from you that you were uninterested. Wishing you all the best in your search. Cheers." Who knows? Maybe she laughs at you for a fool or maybe... noone has called her on her rudeness and she apologizes.

You don't want to deal with anyone who starts out your interactions being rude. It never improves.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 11-04-13 at 08:53 AM.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast