+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm just not a fun guy...

Hm...How do I suggest that, sound like a good sport about it and invite her out for fun?

As a matter of fact, I am curious about this message I've received and I'll demonstrate why: "I will be leaving in about three months..I don't want to start anything with anyone at this point - so if you are looking to start a relationship then I can't offer that at this time.."

Kinda cryptic, n'est-ce pas?
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 12-04-13 at 08:35 AM.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

not to mention she may introduce you to her friends and there may be a girl in there that won't be moving away that shows interest in you. Even if there isn't, you could use a new group of friends as you say your old ones are all too busy. Expand your social circle, mang.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Hm...How do I suggest that, sound like a good sport about it and invite her out for fun?

As a matter of fact, I am curious about this message I've received and I'll demonstrate why: "I will be leaving in about three months..I don't want to start anything with anyone at this point - so if you are looking to start a relationship then I can't offer that at this time.."

Kinda cryptic, n'est-ce pas?
    What else was in there besides what you quoted. Can we get it in context because it could mean she just wants to be friends (platonic or otherwise) or she could just be telling you because she got the impression that you wanted more than friends.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

The complete quote is "I wanted to let you knew that things took a drastic change for me in the fact that my application to study abroad in Ireland has been accepted.,, so I will be leaving in about three months to head over there for six. With that being said I don't want to start anything with anyone at this point - so if you are looking to start a relationship then I can't offer that at this time.."
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Ya duh.......

LOL...what does "Ya duh" mean?

Does she sound like she wants nothing, to be friends, FWB?

Everyone posted before it set....Ya duh have fun and if she boinks ya it's a win win. No relationship but who needs a relationship to have sex. Why is she on there? to find some bedtime fun you silly ass.

*nervously gulps* You mean, some girls actually do that? And this could be one of those instances? I'm scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    not to mention she may introduce you to her friends and there may be a girl in there that won't be moving away that shows interest in you. Even if there isn't, you could use a new group of friends as you say your old ones are all too busy. Expand your social circle, mang.
    Exactly. This is social networking - the way we did it before there was the intarwebz.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    The complete quote is "I wanted to let you knew that things took a drastic change for me in the fact that my application to study abroad in Ireland has been accepted.,, so I will be leaving in about three months to head over there for six. With that being said I don't want to start anything with anyone at this point - so if you are looking to start a relationship then I can't offer that at this time.."
    That's a clear invitation to "hang out and have fun" without entanglements. What that means with her, you'll have to figure out.

I suggest you say something along the lines of "I'm down for just hanging out and having fun. How would you feel about meeting for coffee" (or a milkshake, or whatevs.)

No fear, young Kwisatz Haderach.

Remember the litany against fear:

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

Doooooo eeeeeet!

Courage is not the absence of fear - courage is facing your fear and doing something that scares you anyhow.

Can't win if you don't play.

You've got nothing to lose. If she says yes, you win. If she says no, shrug and move on - no harm no foul.

Tired of this yet?

ROFL. I was actually going to do it soon; just went to go get some candy. Major sugar rush after a long bike ride to school and back.

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast