+ Follow This Topic
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm just not a fun guy...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa...lol. Let's not get ahead of myself here; this might not even lead to sex, in fact, not likely. I haven't yet asked if she would still just like to go out and have fun.
    Hey, I'm just trying to be efficient in the delivery of my wisdom. But yes, first is to get your banana peeled. The algorithm is pretty standard. Go for it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Actually, I had no idea you went to school here.
    Yep. So my comments about US higher-ed are well informed.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

ROFL..."banana peeled"..that is the best euphemism ever!
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    LR you better not f uck this one up!
    Awww... C'mon. Let the lad be. He's trying.

Received a message, sounds platonic. Kinda liked the idea (if unrealistic) of being desired, you know, for something more..
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

DON'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS.

Did you ask her out?

Yeah, I did.

Groovy. She respond?

Yeah, that she did.

Getting answers from you is like pulling teeth FFS. Adding: So - What did she say?
    Last edited by Wakeup; 13-04-13 at 03:04 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

ROFL....

So she said:"Ya friends sound great right now - at this point I can't and won't go any further with someone - it would be way to tough on both of us...." Sounds pretty platonic. I guess that's fine; hanging out is good, after all.

^^^ That is NOT asking her out: Now you go back to her and you say something like: Hey, would you like to meet for a coffee on (insert date here), It would be great to hear all about the great opportunity you've scored to study abroad.

Or just anything the You feel comfortable typing with the main point being you two actually setting a date to meet up in person. You don't need another chat buddy you've got enought of them here.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Should I wait a day or two before sending it? If I seem eager or interested, she might just Block me or something.

Wait 1 or 2 minutes while emotions are fresh. She will forget who you are afterwards
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

My god she is sending you the right signals.....casual nothing heavy and I think there was a compliment in there about you too. Sounds like she wants a little titillation.

"it would be way to tough on both of us" who says that? it's like, well it would be nice, but wouldn't be fair to start something. She likes you.

That would be fantastic because I did something dumb that is kind of funny but I am glad it might not be a dealbreaker: OK, so when I set my profile up, I filled out the profile...but completely forgot/didn't notice the Details bar on the side (it's about physical characteristics, a little finance and education, the typical stuff on a profile). So I had asked her questions to get something going, and she said she'd be glad to answer...after I filled out "details", which having been pretty off on that day I totally misinterpreted (this is where earlier I mentioned what I thought she meant by filling out my profile, which I did). She said my "changes" weren't showing up; noticing that the message saying so was from the app, I thought it was some glitch with the app itself. Then she mentioned "height", etc.....and I felt really stupid although not so much that I hated myself, thought it was kind of funny.

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast