+ Follow This Topic
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm just not a fun guy...

basilnthyme - Goathead thorns are nature's little caltrops. No matter which way they fall, they have wicked spikes pointing up. They're strong, very stiff and as indi said, will penetrate damn near anything.

Arrrgh, looking at that pic makes me SOOOO angry.Damn little bastards look like the official plant of Satanists.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

I spent two years ridding my backyard of those little bastards. I became a pro at it.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

31 pages...this is rivalling the darkhelmet posts of late 2011.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Ok so lets get back to LR's dating life......I guess there is nothing to talk about. So ya carry on with a misc topic to fill in the thread.

....smackie...
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

He's waiting to get a makeover but he can't afford it, Smackie. Bro, do you have a part-time job? If not, why not?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Just start with basic thinks that is free - excersise every moorning. Go for a short jog or anything that helps wake better up. That kind of things build up your willpower muscles and with willpower anything in life is possible.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    He's waiting to get a makeover but he can't afford it, Smackie. Bro, do you have a part-time job? If not, why not?
    I'll be able to afford it and try out some moves when I get a job. I got laid off 6 months ago, been in school FT since.

Why did you get laid off?
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

George Herbert Walker Bush.

The work ran out, so not through any fault of mine.

That's not what I asked you, sport.

My daughter had two part time jobs and went to Uni full time. She was a cashier at a grocery store and she worked for Tim Hortons Coffee before she went to Uni, during her 4 years and up until she got into the career of her choice. You need to be doing things that will help you with your social interaction and a job (particularily working with the public) will help you accomplish that by improving your confidence and inner shell and giving you the money to improve your outter shell as well.

Are you even looking for something to replace the job you got laid off from?
    Last edited by Wakeup; 25-04-13 at 02:48 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

WOW, Tim Horton's! No joke, if i moved to Canada I'd love to work there. Always wanted to try it; I think there are a few in the U.S. but eh, those aren't the same thing (and very far from here).

Yes, I just started putting in applications.

Good for you.

There are other coffee shops in the US "Dunkin Donuts" comes to mind, Starbuck's (a little snooty in their hiring practices though it seems ~ at least here anyway)and Second Cup, No?

There are several male cashiers where my daughter worked as well. Any grocery stores near you? There's also Music/Record stores, the snack shop at your local arena.. her friend worked at our local Junior A arena and met several future NHL hotties All jobs to help with socializing, talking to stranger women (men in their case ) and making money at the same time.

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast