+ Follow This Topic
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm just not a fun guy...

Lol, well, I mean, I need a better idea of what first messages should look like. Mine suck horribly, maybe the worst guy in terms of messaging..
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Stop dwelling on those that don't respond for gawd sakes how many times do we have to keep drilling that into your head. It's not a failure it's called culling out the ****ing herd.
    Huh... that's an idea. Drilling his head. Hmmm...

... lol ...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I've actually looked into getting a lobotomy.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Why don't you find someone whose profile you find intriguing and just cut and paste her main verbage and then we'll all send you a one liner that you can contemplate sending?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

"I'm going to do the basics. Or at least try to.

I'm Sarah. The three things that describe me are: silly, caring, indifferent.

I'm fairly new to Orange County. I was born and raised in small desert town.

It's almost too pretentious to write a bio about yourself, but I'm not one of those people who would believe that. I think I know myself pretty well, but I don't think I need to air out everything on an OKCupid profile.

I would describe myself as laid back - as in, I really don't give a **** about much. I'd rather make a shitty joke about anything that get into a serious debate. I also swear more than my mother would like me to. I don't have much of a handle on my filter.

But with that certain "laidbackness" (I'll copyright that word later) I also have a pretty rambunctious personality. I'm quite the chatter box. I can talk your ear off. I'm sorry. Kind of. On that note, I'm quite open. It doesn't take me long to become comfortable with a person. I don't really hide things about myself. I'm very open. I don't like to lie. I'm not even good at it. I'm also forgiving.

I'm 70% homebody. 30% Going out. At least, in the world I live in now. I'm sure if I was making more money, I'd want to go out more. But my favorite things in the world include: sitting around a fire and telling stories/joking around, playing board games, and throwing dinner parties.

I'm quite content with myself. I'm okay with what I'm doing with my life but I'm trying to better myself still. I think that's pretty important to mention.

I like to break out in song, but I'm tone deaf.
    I'm more of a cat person than a dog person.
    My favorite color is orange.
    I'm a Unitarian Universalist. Meaning, I study multiple religions and don' believe that there's only one correct way. Feel free to ask me about it.
    I'm a libertarian. POLITICS, yo.

Just one last note here, I think you need to have a good sense of humor and certain confidence to be on here. So kudos to all y'all OKC kids. Those are two traits that I find very admirable in any person. "

"if you're not a bro.
    if you're not a gangsta.
    if you're clever.
    if you're funny.
    if you're smart.
    if you're interesting.
    if you can be silly.
    if you resemble a lumber jack. Beards. Yes, please.
    if you can carry an intelligent conversation with me and then goof around when things get too heated.
    if you're a light hearted asshole.
    if you're handy
    if you're all of the above.

** I almost always do the whole star rating thing at the top of the page hoping to get that message about "both of you rated each other a 4 or 5 star". You should try it, it helps break the ice a bit. "

Same girl, a number of mutually liked films and music but that list is LOOOONG..Anyway, maybe she's too awesome for a guy like me to even bother with. I mean, I chuckled a few times, pretty interesting stuff..

how about: "I'd like to tap into the 30% "going out" part of you and eventually meet you for a coffee. *gringz*" "You sound fun and intriguing." I'm a "light hearted asshole" so we're practically a match made in heaven" What say you?"

Oh my God, those are so good...Why are you better at being a guy than I am?

lmao. Dude. Take a creative writing class and it will just come naturally.

I'm joining a creative writing class next semester...but none of my writing will likely be optimistic and definitely not the kind of stuff that will land me chicks. My recurring protagonist will be a more neurotic Bogart-esque guy than himself in "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre", "Casablanca" or especially "The Caine Mutiny." Don't know if I'll learn to flirt through said club or through a creative writing class, though..

Best you take a course on The Art Of Flirting or; pick up a few books on that subject at the Library then. It's not hard to flirt and it's lots of fun for both the giver and the receiver.

Could ypu give s some examples of that your messages look like?
    I Mustashe You a question...

"Not hard to flirt"? I think it would be easier to bounce with a pogo stick on a trampoline and recite Keats than flirt.

Ok....

I Mustashe You a question...

What I usually do is like I said before, open with a greeting, say what drew me to message her (usually 1 or 2 mutual likes) and ask questions about them. And as aforementioned, 60% of the time, it fails every time!

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast