+ Follow This Topic
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm just not a fun guy...

Congratulations.
    I Mustashe You a question...

Hm..now what I uncertain is: so I mention a place in a city that is halfway. Should I be worried about not setting a location in a place in her city? Is she sort of expecting me to? She mentions that there are tons of coffee places "down here"..Arrgh. So confused!

So what I was thinking of proposing was meeting at a place at one beach; she lives at a beach city, so my thinking was making it WAY easier on both if I set it at another beach city. I'd only have to take one street down and thus not risk getting lost or crashing (extremely nervous driver; I only drive if the way to my destination is a street I know) and for her, the drive to this beach city is literally along the coast, one street down Pacific Coast Hwy. that would make converging extremely simple.
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 14-04-13 at 11:04 AM.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Good Luck!
    I Mustashe You a question...

If she no-shows or is absurdly late, I wouldn't want to have wasted too much of my time travelling to meet her. I waited half an hour to meet a chick one time. Luckily, I had nothing better to do at the time or I would have left. She blamed traffic of course, or parking, or something. But I lost a lot of my motivation to see her again after that, and in fact, I just stopped contacting her when it became apparent her sluggishness was habitual, and included responding to e-mails.

Tell me I done good: I suggested a spot that is actually literally a few steps away from the beach. That way, if all is good initially, a nice walk along the beach before parting ways might easily be possible.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

That's an EXCELLENT idea.

Sweet. Seems I'm somewhat capable of good decision-making re: girls. I also had the thought of parking in the structure literally around the corner from the cafe, so perhaps thinking of at the end of the first half, so to speak, asking if she'd like to stroll on the beach barefooted so if she didn't park nearby (kind of a crazy crowded area with somewhat weird parking) that we could go to mine, drop our shoes in the trunk and head for the beach.

Good? bad?

Don't get ahead of yourself. Just keep it as an option, see how things go. If they are going well, it won't hurt at all to suggest a walk on the beach. She may be a bit leery of putting herself in potential harms way by going to your car.

Good point. I guess I get really carried away with my imagining of how things will go; this habit of thinking ideally might explain why I get really thrown off in any area of life when even a single thing goes wrong, ESPECIALLY at the start.

Too late it's already started.... you have till Thursday to pace the floor in self doubt...have fun

Yeah, I gotta script what I'm gonna say, how to react if this and that happens..

Oh brother **roll eyes***

Looooool...OK, I was only half serious: I'll only spend half my time picturing it. I mean, this is it: my LAST shot at it. In fact, I didn't even think I would ever get this kind of opportunity again.

You'll be fine. Just be yourself.

Next time don't give up so easily.

Lol, thanks for everything, bro. You're a righteous guy.

I wonder if setting it towards the end of the work/school week was a good idea. To be honest, I had time available the other days but out of need to prepare and dread, I kinda pushed it back a few days..

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast