+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: i'm not AMAZING

Quote Originally Posted by easilyinspired
    but, he really is a great guy. when we're together he acts normal, he doesnt rush, just casual. online is where he "opens up" and all of the sudden he thinks i'm great. i don't want to lose him, i think theres alot of potential. we have alot of the same interests and come from the same country (we both came here 6-7 years ago).

i do appreciate the advice though
    Don't say we didn't warn you.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Wow, I see there is alot of psychics on here.
    do you have a purpose for being on these forums aside from trying to insult everyone else?

::couldn't refuse::

And, just who are you, Jo, to be asking such a provocative and unnecessary question?

Here's what I think about your situation. Take it for what you want. I have been that type of guy before, so I'm telling you from first hand experience that anyone who claims to love you after date 2 is emphatuated. Now here's what I think about that. Everyone who is emphatuated has some love. Everyone who loves has some emphatuation. But anyone who is borderline obsessive, and from what you've posted it sounds that way, nice guy or not, until he realizes that what he's feeling is emphatuation, you probably won't be able to have a stable relationship with him. I'm not telling you what I think you should do about that. He'll most likely become jealous of other guys, without any real rational reasons, and he'll be stupidly sappy while around you. Just be cautious and go at your own pace.

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    ::couldn't refuse::

And, just who are you, Jo, to be asking such a provocative and unnecessary question?

There was nothing unnecessary about my question. I'm just curious. It seems awfully ironic that there's so much hostility that comes from this person on a "love" forum. So are you his buddy or something? Did I offend you?

Jo: No. I'm not at all offended. I was just being glib. And reading back over the posts, I didn't pick up on the hostility you refer to. That's just OV (and, no, we're not "buddies"). I was wondering why you seemed offended and why you'd bother to pursue an offending situation by inquiring into it at all, much less in such a sharp manner as you did, disparaging OV's purpose without first taking time to learn his style. So yes, I thought, and still think, it was an unneccessary question, not to mention unneccessarily provocative...and, as it happens, hostile. That answer your questions?

Quote Originally Posted by JoGorilla
    do you have a purpose for being on these forums aside from trying to insult everyone else?
    Do you have a purpose behind you being a dumbass?....I doubt it. From now on you are the only person I will ever insult since you cant tell apart insults and comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    OV, Let's say this girl makes a decision to go ahead and trust him with what he said...Few weeks after he wants to sleep with her and because they're both in love, it's all good. After that, this kid starts feeling different for some reason...What happened? Not in love anymore? Thats because when somebody barely knows you and hasn't experienced anything significant with you, you can never say you are in love with that person. For the sake of this post, let's also say she's a virgin and he ends up taking advantage of her, I don't know about you, but i'd be feel sorry for her not to mention the guys (player types) would come on here saying things like.."Oh well, you should have known better".

I say teh things I say because maybe he does love her. The proper advice is not to kick him in th ballz, get rid of him, be afraid of him. The proper advice is to tell her that if she loves him then he most likely loves her and if not then just stick around to find out(not sex). I am tired of people telling other people if they are in love or not...seriously...how the fawk do you people know that? because if there is some secret then please tell me.

There was nothing unnecessary about my question. I'm just curious. It seems awfully ironic that there's so much hostility that comes from this person on a "love" forum. So are you his buddy or something? Did I offend you?

Since when is love tied with anti-hostility?. I look at love as a chemical biological feeling..people can be pissed off anywhere.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 18-06-05 at 08:59 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

You are a great guy man. I can only hope that this side of you shows through in your everyday life so that everyone can experience the real you.

It sure is easy to get a rise out of you people.
    Last edited by JoGorilla; 18-06-05 at 09:07 AM.

You are a great guy man. I can only hope that this side of you shows through in your everyday life so that everyone can experience the real you.

This side of me?....what have you been smoking?. I am actually consider to be a pretty nice guy. Your post to mine was the first insult if you go back and read it.

"You know that when I hate you, it is because I love you to a point of passion that unhinges my soul." -- Julie de Lespinasse

I have no problem with OV's way of expressing himself, I find him to be a great debater. I'm still not sure about your way of looking at this OV...This guy is saying that he's in love with her after the 2nd date. I'm speaking from experience here, i've done the exact same thing and I can tell you that when you do not know a person you cannot be in love. I thought i loved a girl after 1 month (this was 6 years ago) and after finding more about her, I noticed that I was in love with her looks and I hated everything else about her...So we broke up before anything else developed. They haven't spent enough time to see what they truly feel for one another...Love is so many things combined to make 2 people feel virtually one.
    Last edited by Asip4u; 18-06-05 at 09:36 AM.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by easilyinspired
    but, he really is a great guy. when we're together he acts normal, he doesnt rush, just casual. online is where he "opens up" and all of the sudden he thinks i'm great. i don't want to lose him, i think theres alot of potential. we have alot of the same interests and come from the same country (we both came here 6-7 years ago).

i do appreciate the advice though
    I'm new here and don't know much, but I do know that the internet creates a false sense of courage. If you don't want to confront him about this, I'd just cut down on your online time and he'll be forced to be more real. Otherwise, just tell him what you think about his online persona.

Just my $0.02

Good suggestion, E.

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    I have no problem with OV's way of expressing himself, I find him to be a great debater. I'm still not sure about your way of looking at this OV...This guy is saying that he's in love with her after the 2nd date. I'm speaking from experience here, i've done the exact same thing and I can tell you that when you do not know a person you cannot be in love. I thought i loved a girl after 1 month (this was 6 years ago) and after finding more about her, I noticed that I was in love with her looks and I hated everything else about her...So we broke up before anything else developed. They haven't spent enough time to see what they truly feel for one another...Love is so many things combined to make 2 people feel virtually one.

I love a girl that I have never spoken too. I love her for 8 years. I have never talked to her and I do not believe I need too. I knew I loved her the second day I saw her(first day is really blurry in memory). What do you have to say to that? ...are you going to tell me I dont love her..think about for a second what you are telling me...its like telling someone who is happy that they are not happy. Isnt it?

PS: Thanks for calling me a great debater.

I totally get what you're saying OV and that's why the definition of love isn't same for everyone. I tend to think that it should involve knowing a person, you obviously don't believe in that.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast