+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: i'm not AMAZING

Tone Guest
    I guess it's just all in one's definition of love... I personally don't believe I can love someone I never spoke with, never got to know, cause that's what love is to me, loving who someone is. If you never get to talk to someone and find out who they are behind the face they put on for the public, how can you say you "love" them? I think you just love the image of them you have built up in your mind, and what you imagine them to be like in a relationship.

I don't think you can be in love after 2 dates, infatuated - yes. But 2 dates isn't enough time to really get to know someone and see their bad side as well as good side. This is in my opinion.

didn't mean to create such a scene. thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    I totally get what you're saying OV and that's why the definition of love isn't same for everyone. I tend to think that it should involve knowing a person, you obviously don't believe in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    I guess it's just all in one's definition of love... I personally don't believe I can love someone I never spoke with, never got to know, cause that's what love is to me, loving who someone is. If you never get to talk to someone and find out who they are behind the face they put on for the public, how can you say you "love" them? I think you just love the image of them you have built up in your mind, and what you imagine them to be like in a relationship.

I don't think you can be in love after 2 dates, infatuated - yes. But 2 dates isn't enough time to really get to know someone and see their bad side as well as good side. This is in my opinion.

I dont think this way as I tend to believe that most people are the same(good intentions). I couldn't care less what she likes, her hobbies, and how she acts...I just love her either way..its more unconditional then your love too which I believe should be assential in the meaning of love. I think most people don't think the way I do because they apply love to relationships and in a relationship a person's personality is EXTREMEly important. I think that love and relationships are not one and the same. Some people love each other and are in a relationship while others don't love each other and are. Some people love each other and never were in a relationship while in some cases even some people love people who they hate and would never date(maybe because of standards). To top it all off though the worst thing about all this is that your view and my view tend to almost clash each other..thats the problem here that could be the case. He could love her because his definition of love is like mine(he really does love her) but she will tell him no because she believes that he does not love her. That is un-fair.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 19-06-05 at 09:11 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

"...I couldn't care less what she likes, her hobbies, and how she acts..."

That's some kind of love you've got there, OV.

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    "...I couldn't care less what she likes, her hobbies, and how she acts..."

That's some kind of love you've got there, OV.

"Illusions commend themselves to us because they save us pain and allow us to enjoy pleasure instead. We must therefore accept it without complaint when they sometimes collide with a bit of reality against which they are dashed to pieces."

Sigmund Freud
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

"Illusions commend themselves to us because they save us pain and allow us to enjoy pleasure instead. We must therefore accept it without complaint when they sometimes collide with a bit of reality against which they are dashed to pieces."

Sigmund Freud

That quote makes little sense to me.

It means that we hold fast to our illusions because they make our situations more bearable and pleasant, but since they are merely illusions, we ought not be surprised when they crash into reality.

I believe the poster was trying to say that your ideas of love are illusional, but I may have misinterpreted their meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    I believe the poster was trying to say that your ideas of love are illusional, but I may have misinterpreted their meaning.
    There is nothing Illusional about my love. I see, hear, smell, and feel it with real in REALLITY senses. Actually if you think about it I can turn that quote to go my way and bite him in the ass because technically our personalities and minds do not exist..and what do we call something that doesnt exist?..thats right...an illusion. Our body exists though. Our mind is temporary so in never really exits in the first place...our body will go back to the soil but in some way and form will continue to exist. Interesting thought lol.

It means that we hold fast to our illusions because they make our situations more bearable and pleasant, but since they are merely illusions, we ought not be surprised when they crash into reality.
    Exactly...it's sort of like seeing something for the first time and then putting other mental images in your head to make that particular thing seem better, when in fact it may not be, and since you have no other experience with it, it's an illusion. Now OV, you can try to do reverse here, the thing is you would sort of be saying that you can pretty much fall in love with everyone...If it's just the physical aspect of this girl, that too can be considered as "non existant" because the way you see one person isn't how every other person sees him/her. Your mind is more powerful then your body and you can see what your mind tells you to see....without being on drugs or anything..heheh
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Also, OV...you said you analyze...if you do, wouldn't this analysis come from knowing more about her? Remember..."You cannot know that which you do not understand"....would you not analyze the girl to know whether you like her or not?

Exactly...it's sort of like seeing something for the first time and then putting other mental images in your head to make that particular thing seem better, when in fact it may not be, and since you have no other experience with it, it's an illusion. Now OV, you can try to do reverse here, the thing is you would sort of be saying that you can pretty much fall in love with everyone...If it's just the physical aspect of this girl, that too can be considered as "non existant" because the way you see one person isn't how every other person sees him/her. Your mind is more powerful then your body and you can see what your mind tells you to see....without being on drugs or anything..heheh
    Your only helping me though. Offcourse I am the only one to see her that way and offcourse I can fall in love with anyone. Thats how love is. Its very random. Our minds dont exist and our feelings do not either but I rather have my non-existant mind attracted to a existing body then a non-existing mind attrated to a non-existant mind. Also as to the quote...I dont improvise situation and characters to people I have not met. I dont think of what the girls is like when I first fall in love with her. I doubt I care at all. I just stare with amazment....You know what..I dont think 90% of the people I talk to have even exxperienced this feeling and just they assume its a crush/infatuation.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Your only helping me though. Offcourse I am the only one to see her that way and offcourse I can fall in love with anyone. Thats how love is. Its very random. Our minds dont exist and our feelings do not either but I rather have my non-existant mind attracted to a existing body then a non-existing mind attrated to a non-existant mind. Also as to the quote...I dont improvise situation and characters to people I have not met. I dont think of what the girls is like when I first fall in love with her. I doubt I care at all. I just stare with amazment....You know what..I dont think 90% of the people I talk to have even exxperienced this feeling and just they assume its a crush/infatuation.
    It's a nice viewpoint...it's kinda like saying...You're in love with her because of her feminine presence more then anything else.
    You're definitely different OV.

You're in love with her because of her feminine presence more then anything else.
    Thats an interesting way to put it. I do agree with it. Her presence alone is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Thats an interesting way to put it. I do agree with it. Her presence alone is enough.
    Many girls claim to want a guy like that (who will take them just for their feminine presence) yet I find a lot of bs from so many of them. It's sort of that whole "nice guy" vs "jerk" theory.

Many girls claim to want a guy like that (who will take them just for their feminine presence) yet I find a lot of bs from so many of them. It's sort of that whole "nice guy" vs "jerk" theory.
    I guess. Am I the jerk though or the nice guy? I dont get it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast