+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What men think about female virgins

What men think about female virgins

Ok so maybe this has come up before but I don't want to revive some old thread or look through pages and pages of tons of people asking for different stuff, so here I ask:

Why do men think that when they take a girl's virginity, she will instantly fall in love with him?

I think that, if the girl falls in love with the guy it's not exactly because they had sex, it's because she just fell in love with him and while sex may be one of the reasons, it's most certainly not the main one, or the trigger for falling in love with him.

Would you date a female virgin?
    Do you agree with the people that say that virgins fall in love too quickly?

The reason I ask this is because I am a virgin, and my male friends who know this always pester me as if it were a bad thing, as if no one would want to be with me because of that, because any guy I get would be scared of me falling in love with him the moment he takes away my v-card. I think it's ridiculous. But I want to know your thoughts on it.

GO GO GO
    Last edited by solip; 11-04-13 at 03:28 AM.

To be honest, I've never really heard that before. I certainly don't think that way. However, I can see why some men would think that, especially ones who aren't looking for a serious relationship and just want to have fun. But any man who actually has feelings for you and wants to be with you shouldn't care.

1. Virginity often comes with equal relationship expierience. Many virgins are waiting for a dream prince on unicorn who will fell in love with them and then they will sex. Lots of virgins actually fell in love after sex.

2. Yes I would and had and would again. Everything is just so much simplier, except I wouldnt give my phone number.

3. Pretty much yes, thats why I wouldnt give my phone number.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

That's a good point as re: the first question. As for the second, **** yeah I'd date a virgin. Virgin, non-virgin, half-virgin...Dates are dates, regardless of their sex history (unless it's over 10; that's just plain disgusting)
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

I think men would hesitate to date a virgin because sex might be awhile before it happens and her lack of experience, especially with blow jobs. Not as sexually open minded, and nervousness, anxiety would be a bummer. Not worth the hassle.

For me in my youth I had virgins.....when it's a guy there is no question about when it's gonna happen....ASAP! eager, excited, hungry, ....now that's good energy for sex I tell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by solip View Post
    Why do men think that when they take a girl's virginity, she will instantly fall in love with him?
    It's probably because of all the significance which so many young girls seem to place in virginity. The following are things I read frequently:

1. I want to lose my virginity to someone really special
    2. When I give the "gift" of my virginity.....
    3. I can't let this broken relationship go because we lost our virginities to each other.
    4. HE WAS MY FIRST!

Like it or not, there are a lot of girls who see virginity/losing virginity as something quite significant. And boys know this.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    It's probably because of all the significance which so many young girls seem to place in virginity. The following are things I read frequently:

3. I can't let this broken relationship go because we lost our virginities to each other.
    4. HE WAS MY FIRST!

Like it or not, there are a lot of girls who see virginity/losing virginity as something quite significant. And boys know this.
    Well for me (I'm a girl), I think it's not THAT special, I'm not a virgin because I've chosen to be one, it's an "involuntary celibacy" as I read somewhere xD I just haven't had the chance to have sex and that's all.
    So you think that, maybe I should explain that to guys that want to date me? That I don't really give it much importance? I'd like to let them like, be more at ease with that matter

I don't think you should say that at all; leaves you open to being exploited. Not to mention, I can't even fathom in what situation that would ever come up. I don't think it is a good idea.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post

4. HE WAS MY FIRST!

And thank god I wasn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by solip View Post
    Well for me (I'm a girl), I think it's not THAT special, I'm not a virgin because I've chosen to be one, it's an "involuntary celibacy" as I read somewhere xD I just haven't had the chance to have sex and that's all.
    So you think that, maybe I should explain that to guys that want to date me? That I don't really give it much importance? I'd like to let them like, be more at ease with that matter
    I never told the guy I was a virgin, .....so why should you make a big deal out of it.
    Last edited by smackie9; 11-04-13 at 08:39 AM.

I see pure respect for her. Then I think, damn...tight.

and still after all these years.....

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I never told the guy I was a virgin, .....so why should you make a big deal out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I don't think you should say that at all; leaves you open to being exploited. Not to mention, I can't even fathom in what situation that would ever come up. I don't think it is a good idea.
    Well of course I don't go all: "Hey dude, you know, I'm a virgin yay for me =D", if they never talk about it, I wouldn't see a reason to talk about that either
    I've had guys I like ask me if I am a virgin before, and I didn't really understand why they did that, I mean, I even think it's more important to them than to me

So I was talking more about, if I should say that when they ask me
    Last edited by solip; 11-04-13 at 08:58 AM.

Strange...no one ever asked me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast