+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Oh for god sake..am I wrong? Help me understand!

Oh for god sake..am I wrong? Help me understand!

Recently my male room mate asked me if I would be interested in "Friends with Benefits". He is attractive, but I said no. He said lets just go back and forth between bedrooms and no pressure or expectations. Maybe it will turn into something more over time, maybe it won't. But he still wants to online date. I'm sorry I am not doing that. To me it is an insult. Its like saying, if I don't find something better, then you can be my girlfriend. GO TO HELL! lol and what if he comes home a couple of months from now and says he met the woman of his dreams? I would be devastated. Is that wrong of me to think like that? He is giving me the cold shoulder now. He still talks to me and stuff but very distant and kurt. Your thoughts please?

He's a d-bag. Of course you shouldn't go forward with a FWB...or anything, for that matter.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Holy crap, LR not talking about himself for once! And I agree with him, you're right by telling him no.

The dopamine that is going off in your brain is making you feel this way about the whole situation. Just ignore it. We desire most of what we can't have. Seeing that he has found someone, you feel ousted, and wish it was you who he was doting over. Well hun that's just the way things are. He found you attractive enough to f uck (which doesn't take much with a horny guy), but you were not GF material to him. At least he was honest and didn't play you....he just told you what he wanted....no harm in that. So he isn't that douchy.

It's douchey because of the room situation. Think about what's probably going through his mind (I've felt something similar so I know what this is like): "Great, a girl roommate..I'mma try to make this free sex at home and pursue girls on the side. It's not that I even probably find her attractive; I just like the convenience so that kinda makes me sorta attracted to her for sex."
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Time to look for a new apartment and a female roommate. This guy is nothing but trouble.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.