+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do I have a chance with him?

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    Did you know that if someone were to take your DNA and send it thousands of miles away, while you and your DNA are separated by thousands of miles, it instantaneously reacts to the DNA in your body.
    I agree with face and voice, walk etc. But what do you mean with this DNA? Can you explain further?
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

It could be just infatuation or you're suitable genetically for this person, and/or it could be meaningful and lasting.
    How do I know the difference? I feel too strongly for it to be infatuation only, I believe. I am known in my family for my obsessiveness and tenacity in holding on to something I really like for years on end, despite all my parents' attempts to take my "obsession" away from me. That's not obsession, it's just passion...I don't wake up thinking about those things I supposedly "obsess" over, nor are they in my mind all day, every day, 24/7. I have liked-but never loved- guys before, though I have never had a boyfriend. But I never felt for this particular crush I had the way I feel about Arsenie. I'd think about him, of course, but nothing too deep. This is totally different!
    Thank you ever so much for restoring my hope! Now comes the hard part. I will send him letters, e-mails. But what do I say there that will show I'm not just another admirer looking for sex, but that I truly love him? What's more, should I show it, seeing as he might think I'm throwing myself at him? That would be the last thing I would want. What do I say? How do I act? I've never had much social contact before and don't really know how to act, so any help in that field would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    @pcmaster: I don't want to be one of the herd. That which you mentioned is precisely why I think I might stand a chance. I don't go running pell-mell after any guy I like without thinking it over very well, hence my total lack of boyfriends (and not for lack of opportunities!) I only begin to think about them more seriously when I'm convinced they are right for me, so you can be sure this is something I have thought over very carefully. I work hard, I'm honest, and very loyal. I know I'm not shallow like most girls are. How else can I stand out? Anything in particular to do or say, that will show him at once who I really am?
    Thanks again!
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 12-04-13 at 09:59 AM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world -

Burn the page for me
    I cannot erase the time of sleep
    I cannot be loved so set me free
    I cannot deliver your love or caress your soul...

I find this silly, but I'm a cynic...

Have you ever thought about how many other girls/women probably feel the same way as you do? I think most celebrities say they would date a fan to keep fans happy. But the chances are slim. Celebrities are surrounded by paparazzi, stalkers, and other crazy people. They are busy with their work and probably have very little free time. The only people they really get close to are the people they work with...or people they knew before they got famous.

You're so young. You'll understand your emotions better as you grow up. I would say, such feelings of "love" and "infatuation" are strongest in the teen years.

Not to mention that his profile and information about him would all be carefully managed by a publicist. To give a clue as to how good a publicist can be, we all thought that Tom Cruise was a great guy - until he dumped his publicist and the real him started to appear in the media. Now we know better.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

^ Agree. There's censoring too. Like SOME (not all) celebrities can have pictures/info of them that they don't like hidden/blocked from the internet. Have you heard of Kotakoti?

Kiara and pcmaster, excuse the late response. The DNA effect I was talking about has to do with an experiment in which depending on how you feel, your DNA has a certain form. That change in form was instantaneous in the DNA that was thousands of miles away from the DNA in the body of the subjects.

Kiara, the best way to stand out is probably to be yourself. You have a lot of pluses going for you:
    "You are not just another admirer looking for sex" Should you show that, yes. If he is decent, he will like that in you.
    You said you don't know how to act. That might be a good thing. Sometimes that can show you in your most natural and sincere form.
    "I don't want to be one of the herd" Then act different, so you stand out. Especially, try to avoid duplicating the negative aspects of the "herd"
    "I am a big dreamer" Huge plus! Only the dreamers achieve the big dreams.
    "I really do not like to show too much skin" Very good quality! Intimacy is like a secret. If you share it with a lot of people, it's not a secret anymore and is not special.
    Last edited by toknow; 13-04-13 at 11:14 PM.

It could be just infatuation or you're suitable genetically for this person, and/or it could be meaningful and lasting. You ask how can you feel something for someone you've never met. A person's voice gives out a lot of genetic information.
    False for so many reasons I won't even list them.
    A person's walk.
    False, unless they have a disability, a walk tells you nothing and can be completely controlled.
    The way they smell also.
    Sigh, body scent with the exception of those who have natural BO can be controlled by diet and cosmetics.
    Did you know that if someone were to take your DNA and send it thousands of miles away, while you and your DNA are separated by thousands of miles, it instantaneously reacts to the DNA in your body. There is telepathy, and much, much more that we can't see.
    please cite a SINGLE piece of evidence that provides proof for this theory. Also think about the effects this would have on organ donors, twins, and girls walking around with a uterus full of semen. Verdict - toknow is a certified idiot.

Just before you come back here and make a bigger fool of yourself, here is a list of associated traits that are genetically determined. Please note that voice, walk, and smell are not on there. Several facial features of course are, so you somehow are miraculously right there.

http://www.eupedia.com/genetics/dna_traits_list.shtml
    Last edited by Cerby; 14-04-13 at 01:21 AM.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

LOL...Cerby, truth isn't going to change whether you believe it or not. The only thing I care about is that I'm on its side. The only thing your post did, was make me laugh, so your effort was not completely in vain. And what makes it even funnier is that Wakeup thanked you for making me laugh.

truth isn't going to change whether you believe it or not.
    Actually, it is. Being someone who follows the practice of common sense, if someone tells me I'm wrong and can prove it, I'll change what I believe to reflect that proof. What you just stated is the basis for organized religion, not science. Your statement just validates my verdict.

The effort behind exposing someone for fabricating lies with nothing to back them up is reward in itself.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Maybe you could go on holiday first and try to get a sense of what living in Romania is like. East European countries have many problems just like Latin American countries do and less fun probably. A scholarship in a West European country is more likely to offer you a more interesting experience.
    Perhaps you should try to keep this as a musical and cultural interest and not take important decisions about your future based on your passion for a singer?...
    Last edited by Valixy; 14-04-13 at 08:41 AM.

LOL...Cerby, truth isn't going to change whether you believe it or not. The only thing I care about is that I'm on its side. The only thing your post did, was make me laugh, so your effort was not completely in vain. And what makes it even funnier is that Wakeup thanked you for making me laugh.
    I'd rather see supporting evidence from reputable scientific bodies than hear 'truth'. I'll approach the idea with an open mind and I'll give the theory credence if the evidence is there.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I'd rather see supporting evidence from reputable scientific bodies than hear 'truth'. I'll approach the idea with an open mind and I'll give the theory credence if the evidence is there.
    LOL...Read my previous post again. Let me see if I can make it more clear to you: I don't really care (nor does truth). Why are you explaining yourself to me if you are certain you are right.

Please don't fight!
    "I have a slight chance." That is all I need to hear.
    I just read a thread that tells how to know if you are in love. This other guy that I liked, I would probably not have thrown myself in front of a train for. For Arsy, I would! And it wouldn't matter that I couldn't be with him, because he'd still be alive even if I weren't!
    I do love him, I swear I do. This is more than just attraction. Yes, he is very handsome; but my recent conversation with him showed me what kind of a person he is...and I like what I'm seeing! Friendly, smart, compassionate...
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 16-04-13 at 09:26 AM.

Burn the page for me

You're admittedly obsessive. Why in hell would he want to get attached to an obsessive woman? No self-respecting man would. Earlier in the thread, you questioned how the fact that a guy you don't personally know could be an object of an infatuation: If anything, your argument solidified the stance that you are only infatuated. You cannot possibly love someone you don't know. IMPOSSIBLE. But you can be infatuated, strongly lust, a celebrity. You stalk him. You obsess over him. He's your entire world.

NO.MAN.Especially famous. WANTS. THAT. Get help, please.
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 16-04-13 at 09:10 AM.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

I'm not. My family says I am. There's a difference.
    Now I always try to see, admit and make amends for my weaknesses and mistakes. This is not one of them. I get passionate about things, yes. I'm passionate about school. Result? Grades ranging from the high 9's to the 10s. I'm passionate about learning to speak Romanian. The result? Quick absorption of verb-conjugation rules. But still, I am perfectly capable of going several days without touching my Romanian material, and I do not feel pressured to do it (which I would if I were obsessed). Same with Howrse, an online game I love. I am passionate about Howrse, but I do not feel miserable if I miss a big event or whatever. I'm just like, "Meh, maybe another time." Yet no one can deny my passion for this game! I love it, I will touch few other horse games and my loyalty to the game is immense. But I am not obsessed! Some days, I don't even remember these things exist. It's only when I must work for them that my passion flares up.
    Passion is what makes me who I am. Without it, I would be just like my mediocre classmates who rarely do homework and do it well even more rarely. But it is not obsession! It is simply what provides the motivation which permits me to fight for my long-term goals.
    EDIT: I don't stalk him, and I don't 'lust over him'. I cannot imagine for example having sex with him, and I know that unless we were married (yeah right, I know!) I would not permit him to touch me. Guess I'm just prudish that way. I follow him on Facebook, but that's it. I don't try to find out private details about his life!
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 16-04-13 at 09:17 AM.

Burn the page for me

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast