+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do I have a chance with him?

Let me guess: you're passionate about this singer? That totally has the "If I can't have him, no one will!" vibe to it...

Now tell me. What are YOUR qualities that mean he should pick you over anyone else? Why would he go out of his dating circle to marry a kid? What have you to offer a celebrity, a man who could easily choose among the highest of castes? This man, if not gay because he was in a boyband after alll...This man could list a combination of specific qualities he wants in a mate and has an infinite amount of opportunities to meet the woman of his dreams.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kiara View Post

I just read a thread that tells how to know if you are in love. This other guy that I liked, I would probably not have thrown myself in front of a train for. For Arsy, I would! And it wouldn't matter that I couldn't be with him, because he'd still be alive even if I weren't!
    ...Did you not see that?
    The choice would of course be his alone.
    What do I have to offer, you say? I'm no beauty, but I'm not ugly either. But leave aside physicality. I'm unique. I'm smart. I'm willing to work hard and to help others. I'm friendly. I know that you have no way of knowing this (I can post pictures though if you wish!), but my teachers at school are all impressed with me as a person, not just as a student. They keep telling my parents how friendly and helpful I am. Yes, I am a bit talkative in class, but they know I always pay attention, so they don't do more than ask me to be quiet since they know I'm also obedient. [side note] I do need to work on that. [/side note] Not subservient, I'm pretty stubborn at times when I feel I need to be...but I am obedient.
    I say this not to brag. I don't like to brag. I am simply stating the facts. I hope that you can see that.
    I know that beauty is only skin-deep. That is what makes me special. At school, I don't give a hoot to be seen with the popular girls. Rather, I seek the company (precious indeed!) of smart, sincere and friendly people, who are often the least popular (except at the time of handing in homework, of course). Few and far between, but worth every second! They are the ones I model my life after, not the "cool" girls.
    I'm also very honest, so he'd know I'd never cheat on him should he decide to pursue a relationship. As an example, I despise cheating on tests and homework, and even though a single low grade would spoil my life's dreams (the university where I want to go is very tough on scholarships, without which I would be unable to study abroad, and I cannot get a scholarship without a perfect 10), I believe that whatever I want I must work for. I would never cheat, on a test or on anything else. Never. And I apply those principles to my whole life.
    This is what I do have. I am hoping it will be enough. But it would be Arsy's choice, and if he would be happier with someone else, so be it--who am I to stand in his way? In fact, if he would be happier with someone else, I would prefer that he be with that person, no matter how hard that might break my heart.
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 16-04-13 at 09:34 AM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world -

Burn the page for me
    I cannot erase the time of sleep
    I cannot be loved so set me free
    I cannot deliver your love or caress your soul...

Those aren't world-shockingly unique traits. He probably expects those and much more from his women; as a wealthy man, he can afford to be so much more selective. Not really seeing any persuasive differentiation..

And yes, I read that quote and I find your use of it to display a serious sign of mental illness on your part. You should consequently seek professional help, because nobody should seriously think of that in regards to someone who isn't much cognizant of their existence. You have .00000000000000000000000000000000001 chance of marrying this guy, realistically. It is so insignificant a number that .00 would better reflect your non-chance.

You never quite answered: Why would he marry a kid? I hate to be patronizing since you seem pretty advanced for your age (or merely precocious), but relative to his own age you are a child. I dunno what flies in your country but most of the important, industrial world at least does not view marrying children positively. Could be bad for his public image. Not to mention, what does he gain by having a child for a wife? How can you and him possibly converse? You'd act so adoring of him that he might get put off by your incessant adulation..
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 16-04-13 at 09:38 AM.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

My mother was offered a job as a model. Multiple times. She refused, out of principle.
    This should give you an idea of what my family's morals are. She didn't want to become a model because then she would have half the guys in town after her, and she didn't want that.
    This isn't attraction only. I have been attracted to at least two other guys before, one also a celebrity (Bryan Adams). But it was like, "OK, yeah, he's cute. X3" and then back to business.
    I spoke to Arsenie. He was very kind to me. I truly wish to make him happy in some way, and as I said, it doesn't matter if he doesn't choose me, as long as he chooses someone who will make him happy!
    Maybe it's crazy, but it's the way I feel. I want only the best for him. And I know that I did not feel this way before I spoke to him. Before, it was just attraction. But I am beginning to know him even if only very slightly.
    Love's Reject, I sense that you do not believe in what I have said. I do not say this just to look good. It is what I truly believe. And I know by experience that such people are few and far between. I have been blessed to meet several.
    I know that I am very young in comparison to him. The difference however is only ("only!?" yes, I know) thirteen years (I am turning sixteen within two weeks), and I believe (within certain limits, of course) that age doesn't matter if two people love each other genuinely. Look at Laura Ingalls--marrying Almanzo Wilder, a guy ten years older than herself. Or Buck Williams and Chloe Steele in Left Behind. Or Jo in Little Women, which I know is at least in part Louisa May Alcott's autobiography disguised as a novel. I don't think I should cite Romeo and Juliet, the "star-crossed lovers", since they married at twelve or thirteen (I forget which), but I know that there have been happy marriages of this kind, though I would never enter one myself! If there is true love then age doesn't really matter. As for public image, yes, I have thought about that. Again, the choice would be entirely his. I will be in Romania from the time I am eighteen to the time I turn twenty-one, so it might not be as big a deal by then.
    I sense also that you are trying to help, and I am truly grateful for that effort on your part. As to acting adoring, I know what you mean. I also believe that I have enough common sense to be able to curb this behavior, even though I may feel that way.
    I do adore many of my teachers, especially one who has been very kind to me, has excellent judgment, is very smart, loves her subject and is my best friend. But I have managed to disguise that adoration and awe I feel for her achievements in life behind plain friendship well enough, I think, to avoid tiring her. I care about her deeply as a person, too; she is like a second mother to me.
    Here I am, with the principal of my school (this picture was taken some time ago. Don't worry, I've fixed my hair since then I think this new haircut really does make the difference; at least I don't look like a woolly black sheep any more )

P.S. As I also mentioned, I speak two languages and am learning another. When I am finished with Romanian I want to continue with Italian, Russian, French, and perhaps German and Portuguese. I know that he speaks at the very least five languages (Russian, Romanian, English, Spanish and French), so that will no doubt be a plus.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 16-04-13 at 10:25 AM.

Burn the page for me

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kiara View Post

What do I have to offer, you say? I'm no beauty, but I'm not ugly either. But leave aside physicality. I'm unique. I'm smart. I'm willing to work hard and to help others. I'm friendly. I know that you have no way of knowing this (I can post pictures though if you wish!), but my teachers at school are all impressed with me as a person, not just as a student. They keep telling my parents how friendly and helpful I am. Yes, I am a bit talkative in class, but they know I always pay attention, so they don't do more than ask me to be quiet since they know I'm also obedient. [side note] I do need to work on that. [/side note] Not subservient, I'm pretty stubborn at times when I feel I need to be...but I am obedient.
    I say this not to brag. I don't like to brag. I am simply stating the facts. I hope that you can see that.
    I know that beauty is only skin-deep. That is what makes me special. At school, I don't give a hoot to be seen with the popular girls. Rather, I seek the company (precious indeed!) of smart, sincere and friendly people, who are often the least popular (except at the time of handing in homework, of course). Few and far between, but worth every second! They are the ones I model my life after, not the "cool" girls.
    I'm also very honest, so he'd know I'd never cheat on him should he decide to pursue a relationship. As an example, I despise cheating on tests and homework, and even though a single low grade would spoil my life's dreams (the university where I want to go is very tough on scholarships, without which I would be unable to study abroad, and I cannot get a scholarship without a perfect 10), I believe that whatever I want I must work for. I would never cheat, on a test or on anything else. Never. And I apply those principles to my whole life.
    This is what I do have. I am hoping it will be enough. But it would be Arsy's choice, and if he would be happier with someone else, so be it--who am I to stand in his way? In fact, if he would be happier with someone else, I would prefer that he be with that person, no matter how hard that might break my heart.
    Your description of yourself could also describe the majority of girls in my daughter's peer group. High achieving academic types, honest, not bothered by peer group pressure, frequent teacher compliments, glowing reports etc etc.

Hon, these are all things to be proud of - don't get me wrong. But these assets don't make you a 'stand out' in any shape or form - there are many, many girls out there just like you. At any rate, they certainly aren't attributes which would make an adult rock star fall in love with a teenage girl.

The things you've learned and achieved through passion are things all of us could learn with the same degree of application. They are ACHIEVABLE dreams. But this rockstar dream is just fantasy. It's not an achievable dream.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    At any rate, they certainly aren't attributes which would make an adult rock star fall in love with a teenage girl.
    Europop. Not rock.
    What would? (I say this whilst clarifying, I. Don't. Want. To. MAKE. Him. Do. Anything! Only make it easier for that to happen. How can I do that?)
    Guys, let's stop debating the impossibility of my dream. I know my chances are virtually zip, zilch, zero, nada, nimic. But still.
    Let's assume for argument's sake that I do meet him, say after a concert, on the street, etc. What then? What do I do? I want to be myself without being too, how shall I put this, familiar. But I don't want to be too tight and formal either. How should I act? What should I do in that case?
    My imagination is running away with me. What could I do? Please, just tell me that!
    Like, if after a concert I get a chance to walk up to him, what do I say? What facial expression should I wear? Obviously not a fangirly, "I'm all over you"-type grin. I guess a genuine smile. Also swallow my nervousness. But how should I speak to him? Obviously not as a friend since I don't know him personally, but surely not as a complete stranger either? Would being (or pretending to be, anyway ) like, 'Meh' get his attention? And should I refer to him as Arsenie, Mr. Todiraș or even (*gasp*) Arsy like so many of his fans call him on the forum? (I admit to referring to him in that way on here and with my family, but to him?) Should I shoot for formal or casual? Just regular friendly, like slightly acquainted people (bearing in mind that we have spoken on his official chat before)?
    Of course, please don't say wear revealing clothes or tons of makeup. I will do neither! About as much skin as I'll show is with Bermuda style shorts (you know, the long-ish ones) and a T-shirt. And all the makeup I am likely to be persuaded to wear is perhaps some mascara to darken my lashes and some light eyeliner or eyeshadow.

This is just for argument's sake. I am not saying that it will actually occur, nor even that there is a chance that it will come to pass! I just want to know what to do about it should it, ahem, happen to happen.
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 16-04-13 at 12:16 PM.

Burn the page for me

Treat it as if it were an autograph session and his bodyguard foolishly stepped out for a smoke because most likely, any interaction you have with him might amount to pretty much the same thing as an autograph session. There are typically informal rules, celebrity-fan etiquette to follow. You may want to consider that, because if you catch him on a day where he's been hounded by the press and irritated by obnoxious fans you might be the fan he takes it out on. This happens with 99.9% of celebrities no matter how nice. And just treat him like a human because those celebrities who aren't self-entitled like to separate their famous persona from their private life and HATE being treated specially.

Thank you! That makes a lot of sense. This is what I was looking for!
    Now I still don't think I'll have a chance. But hey, I can dream, can't I? And I still love him.
    So I should be like, "OK, nice to meet you" but not like "OMGsh I'm so glad I finally got to meet you!?" Like that time I ran into two American teachers on the street here in Mexico and stopped to talk to them because it's been so long since I've heard a native English speaker, but it wasn't like they were anyone unusual, only that it was cool to find a fellow native speaker?
    How should I say hello? I mean, what words should I use? Should I do what I did with the teachers? Might be a bit silly to say, "You speak English? Oh, cool! It's been so long since I've heard a native English speaker!" Mostly because I know he speaks English, and he's not a native.
    So maybe, "I think it's so cool that you know Romanian"?
    But then...I will be in Romania. Not making much sense there.
    Then what about, "Nice to meet you! I think it's awesome that you know so many languages. How long did it take you to learn?" and then take a conversation (or whatever he has the time and the inclination for) along those lines, rather than anything relating to his music and his career? What might be a good topic?
    He didn't show much interest when I asked him about languages on his chat, though. So perhaps it would be better to speak of family? He says he had wonderful parents. Perhaps that...? Or pets? He did show some interest when asked about his pets. His PR guy even showed us a picture of his kitty. I do know he's a bit of a dog person (as opposed to a cat person like me ). Maybe there?
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 16-04-13 at 12:33 PM.

Burn the page for me

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    Kiara and pcmaster, excuse the late response. The DNA effect I was talking about has to do with an experiment in which depending on how you feel, your DNA has a certain form. That change in form was instantaneous in the DNA that was thousands of miles away from the DNA in the body of the subjects.
    Toknow - you are on my **** list, so you know. Quit posting pseudo science crap.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I can't imagine that Mr *Europopstar* is going to fall for a girl who gets so lost in fantasyland. I think most men (including him) want a girl who's firmly grounded in reality.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I can't imagine that Mr *Europopstar* is going to fall for a girl who gets so lost in fantasyland. I think most men (including him) want a girl who's firmly grounded in reality.
    I can be, well enough. Right now, I choose not to be...because I must. I cannot allow my dreams to crumble. I've given up on difficult dreams too many times already. Not this time! I will do my very best! And even if it is not realized, I will still be in a country with an intriguing past, beautiful tourist destinations and a gorgeous language.
    I fully realize my position. Who am I to him? Nobody. He doesn't even know my real name. He doesn't know and probably doesn't care what I look like or what my dreams are. But who knows what may happen?
    I realize this. I cannot control my feelings, and I choose not to stifle my dreams. I will dream. But I cannot lose sight of reality either. This is difficult, but I must hold tightly to reality. And I can do it. I am perfectly capable of doing so, and I know that.
    EDIT: Have you heard his "Smile to Me"? That song made me cry. He is so right! About everything! Describes my feelings...not perfectly, but close anyway!
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 16-04-13 at 01:16 PM.

Burn the page for me

ROFL @ people trying to discourage you and doing a terrible job.

Kiara, listen to what we say, but in the end make your own decision, because you are the one who is going to live with it.

You should be glad that you are a dreamer, it will help you in life. Most people live their empty lives, not even questioning or understanding why they do the same thing over and over again every day.
    They are ok being the hamster on a wheel, don't be like that. Make sure your life has meaning. It's better to have an unachievable (if there is such a thing) dream than not have one at all.
    Keep in mind average world IQ is about 82, so if you don't meet resistance from people, you're doing something wrong.
    Last edited by toknow; 16-04-13 at 04:07 PM.

Precisely my point. That's why I must assume that I will succeed if I try hard enough, even whilst keeping firmly in mind that I'm not likely to (no easy task!). I'm writing a novel, so when I feel depressed or discouraged I dive into this work, drawing with pastels, or the study of Romanian. It's incredibly relaxing. And I hope to have the book published sometime soon. I have forty-six pages done already, and am so engrossed in my own fictional story (it's a story, set in medieval times, about an orphaned unicorn foal and his best friend, Lily). I can't wait to see what happens next. This way I won't lose interest like I did with my past attempts.
    I just watched his video, Remember Me, in which he is hit by a car and killed, but sends a message back to his girlfriend. (He doesn't really have one, which I find amazing; he only acted for the video.) It made me cry! It was so beautiful, speaking of love beyond the grave and voicing the uncertainty we all feel about death. ("Where do we come from?/Where do we go?")
    And then his other song, Wake Up, says:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenium
    The world has no frame
    No boundaries, no blame
    It's a place for the dreams that we follow and gain...
    Don't you be afraid,
    To follow your dream,
    There is always a way
    If it's love that you feel.
    So right!

P.S. As a side note, I saw a YouTube video where he was going all little-kid-ish over a bunch of Christmas presents his fans sent him, and that gave me an idea. I'm going to send him a Christmas gift. Now I've been thinking-I don't have money to spend, but it has to be unique anyway, so that rules out buying something. I just studied pastel techniques in painting class, and I found out I'm really good at it! So that's what I'll send him--a huge pastel drawing of a hairless animal such as a frog or short-haired pony, made by myself. That's unique, creative and memorable, I'd guess.
    Now, to decide the animal to use...I'm inclined to use a horse since I truly love them, but I wonder if he does...
    And should I include a short note or letter? I've been advised to put in a cute picture of myself, but wouldn't that seem a bit like throwing myself at him? What should I put in the note/letter?
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 17-04-13 at 09:47 AM.

Burn the page for me

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    ROFL @ people trying to discourage you and doing a terrible job.
    You're an idiot. It is impossible to successfully persuade someone who doesn't want to listen. So kindly shut the **** up.

Please stop fighting! I'm beginning to think I should just delete this thread and pull out of here.

Burn the page for me

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast