+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do I have a chance with him?

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    The real problem is your age here. You should not let him know you are 15, you can say you are a teenager so he can appreciate the drawing
    That would still put me as 'too young', wouldn't it? Perhaps I shouldn't mention my age at all...
    That does of course rule out sending a picture of myself. Not only would that (I think) make my intentions only too clear, but I'm often told I look younger than I really am.

Whatever you write in the note it has to sound mature, grab his attention and create a connection with him. A strategy that might work well is to talk to him as an equal,
    that way he will not treat you like his other fans who put him above themselves.
    Would this be O.K.? (Here I'm trying to imagine what I'd say to just any Romanian pen-pal I might have).
    Salut [formal hello in Romanian], Mr. Todiraș (or should I refer to him as Arsenie instead? Since I was the only person to refer to him in that way on his chat, he might guess that I'm that 15-year-old he chatted with. Unfortunately, I did mention my age...)! How are you doing?
    I hope you like this picture I made for you. Pastel drawing is fun and relaxing. Maybe you should try it sometime!
    Do you like the outdoors? I do. Sometimes I go out at night and look at the constellations, and I try to imagine other shapes among the stars. It's kind of like "connect-the-dots", really. The Universe is grand, and the world is a wonderful place.
    La revedere! [formal way to say goodbye in Romanian]
    Sincerely,
    Gabby.

Now I'm still not too sure about this. Should I say 'hello' and 'goodbye' in a formal way, or a casual one, supposing I do put them in in Romanian? Or should I write only in English, or write the whole note in Romanian? My own impression is that he seems to prefer English to his native language. So maybe I should just stick to English, and make a passing mention that I'm learning Romanian? Only problem with that is that when I talked to him on the chat, I showed my love of Romanian pretty clearly. Again, he might guess I'm the one with whom he chatted...
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 26-04-13 at 09:42 AM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world -

Burn the page for me
    I cannot erase the time of sleep
    I cannot be loved so set me free
    I cannot deliver your love or caress your soul...

LOL...maybe you are right about not telling him your age at all.

I don't think there is a problem referring to him the same way you did in that chat. And writing to him in English would be good, if that's what he prefers.

I like what you've written. It's intelligent, and it gives an immersed glimpse into who you are as a person.

Drawing him as pcmaster pointed out might be a good idea, however you don't want to look like an obsessed fan, you want to stand out, you want him to think of you as an equal.
    Last edited by toknow; 28-04-13 at 04:50 AM.

Think you will have much better chance if you draw him instead of horse. Without dick ofcourse.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Think you will have much better chance if you draw him instead of horse. Without dick ofcourse.
    LOL!!!
    That's just...wrong.
    Good idea though! Maybe just his face...
    But I'm horrible at drawing people...what if he doesn't like the way I make him look???
    Also, toknow is right. I think maybe drawing him will seem too obsessive-fan-ish...? Thoughts?

Burn the page for me

When I was your age I always was drawing our math teacher - Im terible at drawing but hes face was what I did the best. Glasses+moustage+half bald head = so easy to tell who it is. So I started to draw him even at board and he said he dont mind just he dont likes when someone always writes dick near his portrait.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kiara View Post

LOL!!!
    That's just...wrong.
    Good idea though! Maybe just his face...
    But I'm horrible at drawing people...what if he doesn't like the way I make him look???
    Also, toknow is right. I think maybe drawing him will seem too obsessive-fan-ish...? Thoughts?
    Remember, the focus should be on you two getting to know each other, not on him only. He gets one sided attention all the time, don't think you'll stand out if you do as all other fans do.

Remember, the focus should be on you two getting to know each other, not on him only. He gets one sided attention all the time, don't think you'll stand out if you do as all other fans do.
    So a horse would definitely be better then. On the face of it, drawing him seemed like a good idea, especially as his conceit (one flaw which I don't like in him, but oh well, who's perfect?) is well known among us fans; but now that you put it this way, I totally see what you mean.
    So I'll do the horse, then. Hopefully he likes horses I don't see how anyone could not like horses, but then there's my uncle... XD

Now one more thing. I love watching him dance in his music videos, but I don't know if I'm completely crazy... I don't like it at all when I see hordes of women pushing and pulling him towards them, shoving each other away from him and trying to kiss him, as in Rumadai...not that I feel he's mine or anything (although I'll admit there is just a twinge of jealousy; I would never do this, but who wouldn't want the chance to at least be close to him, after all?) but I feel it's disgusting, somehow their behavior looks to me just exactly like that of bickering hyenas squabbling over a putrefying corpse, or, to put it more nicely, of screaming little kids throwing fits and fighting over a favorite toy...I know he has to show some women in order to sell more, but somehow even though he seems to enjoy it I feel this is a blatant lack of respect toward his person. I would totally freak out if a bunch of guys pawed me like that...
    And then there's that brazen fan who came up to him after a concert and grabbed his rear. He said in an interview that that was the most embarrassing moment of his career.
    Am I insane?

P.S. I was considering sending him the drawing on his birthday or for Christmas, but now I guess it'd stand out more if I just sent it on any ol' day, "just because", no? Any thoughts on this?
    Thanks again so much everyone, pcmaster and especially toknow!
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 28-04-13 at 09:22 PM.

Burn the page for me

Actually only unque think you can send him is your portret, also your drawn interpretation of his face cant be copied. Imagine picture of both of you together. Draw you both together and vision might become true.

...but I feel it's disgusting, somehow their behavior looks to me just exactly like that of bickering hyenas squabbling over a putrefying corpse
    Haha...very accurate description indeed.
    You are not crazy, the way you feel shows very good qualities about you. One of the biggest turnoffs is a woman acting like you described.

Yes, stand out. Send him the picture and note a day before his birthday.
    Last edited by toknow; 28-04-13 at 09:45 PM.

keep trying to win her...........impossible is nothing

Haha...very accurate description indeed.
    You are not crazy, the way you feel shows very good qualities about you. One of the biggest turnoffs is a woman acting like you described.

Yes, stand out. Send him the picture and note a day before his birthday.
    I can't be sure when he'd get it exactly, since he does live halfway around the world and I can't even send it directly to him. Apparently I have to send it to his PR guy who will then pass it on to him.

Burn the page for me

Oh, please no. I have dated a pop star (not even super popular, just an average guy that still thought he was a God) when I was teen too, until I realized he cared more about how he looked in public than me (I was 18, he was 21). Now I see that he mostly used me as a bridge to reality, to find out how people see him. Also, even if you were dating him, you'd likely not be his gf publicly. Many of them need to be "single officially", so many young girls as yourself go crazy about them. Most of decisions was bringing his manager. So, you'll realize soon that you do not want to live life like that. Normal guys are much better. They are not possessed with "public image", they can go out to any place without obsession of being seen, and they will actually have time for you and your feelings. You realize your pop star is likely working almost every night, and as you couldn't be always around him, you'd never know what is going on. He's probably being hit on by thousands of girls a day, and being aware of it, he'll expect everything from you. Even things you, as a 15 year old kid, are not able to give him. And since he doesn't have to work hard to gets what he wants, if you refuse anything, you'll get dumped. I broke up with my singer bf back in the time, because I realized my college was more important, and he expected that I make my schedule around him rather than my classes. I realized I do not want to open papers every day and read another thing about my bf (often made up, but still hurts your vanity). And since I didn't really love him (now I think that as I was a kid, I more loved who he was), it was easy to break up, even though we were neighbors, and I ended up seeing him around for a while after. And I am glad I met him, and that I realized I actually do not want to date a celebrity (even though it looked so challenging when I was a teen), their life is too complicated. Also, I'm quite sure it would be illegal for him to date you, until you turn 18, so as a public figure he probably would not risk that. Find a real deal, you'll be much happier. Good luck!

I feel for you, and I am grateful for your input. But Arsenie may not be the same. We may all be created equal, but we are all unique creatures. You will never find two people exactly alike, not even identical twins. I will continue to hold out hope. Besides, I will be eighteen when I meet him, or older.
    If he really likes me, wouldn't it stand to reason that he wouldn't base everything on whether or not I give him everything right away? I know guys like a challenge, not easy girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Tom had discovered a great law of human behavior; namely, that in order to make a man or boy covet something, it is only necessary to make that thing difficult to attain.
    And if it doesn't work out, I can always walk away, right? It's not like he's going to force me to stay with him against my will, assuming something does develop between us.
    This is my dream, and I will not give it up without excellent reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenie Todiraș
    When it's hard to believe, I pray
    For the minimum of love...I will find a way
    Minimum of love, I'll say goodbye
    Leaving it all behind...
    Don't you go away
    'Cause I'll never find someone like you...

Burn the page for me

But Arsenie may not be the same.
    LOL you little crazy girl. In reality he wont even risk go on a date with you just because it can ruin his career once he got cought with 16 year old.

You never had a real boyfriend yet you want one that dont exist.. Its like girls never had a horse but they want unicorn. Its normal that you dream but in reality what do you have so special that others girls dont have? Why he should choose you? Why you dont get a normal boyfriend first? Good luck with reality btw, you could be real happy girl by now but its your choice.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 30-04-13 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    LOL you little crazy girl. In reality he wont even risk go on a date with you just because it can ruin his career once he got cought with 16 year old.
    I will be 18 then And I'm turning 16 in two days.
    Now, what do I have? All mentioned above. Not much, really. But you never know.

Remind me again what your signature says...? "Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will"? How true! Here are a couple more quotes, some of them old favorites of mine, some new finds:
    -"Knowing what you want and going after it is a virtue." - Grandpa Beebe
    -"The world has no frames/No boundaries, no blame/It's a place for the dreams that we follow and gain..." - Arsenie Todiraș
    -"I have a dream today..." - Martin Luther King, Jr. (out of context, I know, but Martin Luther King was so epic that I just had to use it!)
    -"Be optimistic with it you dreams will be come true!" - Arsenie Todiraș
    -"There is always a way if it's love that you feel!" - Arsenie Todiraș
    -"Daring ideas are like chessmen moved forward; they may be beaten, but they may start a winning game." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    -“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” - André Gide
    -"The bravest are the most tender; the loving are the daring." - Bayard Taylor
    -"If you have a dream, don’t just sit there. Gather courage to believe that you can succeed and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality." - Roopleen
    -"The world’s greatest achievers have been those who have always stayed focused on their goals and have been consistent in their efforts." - Roopleen
    -"It’s like screaming that no one can hear. You almost feel ashamed that someone could be that impotant that without them you feel like nothing. No one will ever understand how much it hurts. You feel hopeless but nothing can save you. And when it’s over and it’s gone you almost wish you could have all that bad stuff back so that you could have the good." - Unknown
    -"You can sacrifice and not love. But you cannot love and not sacrifice." - Kris Vallotton
    -"Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect." - Demi Lovato
    -"If you fall in a river, there'll be a boat. If you fall in a well, there'll be a rope. But if you fall in love, there's no hope." - Unknown
    -"Sometimes to gain something that is worth having, it becomes necessary to lose everything else." - Unknown
    -"Last night I hugged my pillow and dreamt of you…I wish that someday I’d dream about my pillow and I’d be hugging you." - Generose Relano
    -"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly." - Sam Keen
    -"Are you an alarm clock? You managed to wake up my sleeping heart." - Unknown
    -"And let it be said that love is like a river that flows deep into the heart of the soul. For in every man and woman true love should be the ultimate goal." - Gillis Triplett
    -"We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God." - Maryanne Williamson
    -"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world." - Harriet Tubman
    -"The end of wisdom is to dream high enough, not to lose the dream in the seeking of it." - William Faulkner
    -"Hold fast to dreams/For if dreams die/Life is a broken-winged bird/That cannot fly." - Langston Hughes
    -"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Do you agree? I find these all very inspirational and beautiful. I had to stop myself from posting many more. I hope they will make my point.
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 30-04-13 at 08:23 AM.

Burn the page for me

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast