+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do I have a chance with him?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Meh, he can give advice, so long as he stays in the newtonian world to do it. But I worry Toknow is a space cadet in the washout fast track. We'll see.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    You're an idiot. It is impossible to successfully persuade someone who doesn't want to listen. So kindly shut the **** up.
    ROFL...So, who is the idiot here since in your words it "is impossible to successfully persuade someone who doesn't want to listen" and you are still trying to.
    BAHHAAHHA....This is too easy.
    Last edited by toknow; 17-04-13 at 04:11 PM.

Kiara, it's not a problem. You are here to get advice, just skip over the noise.

As to what you should give him. You would want to stand out again, it has to be something that no one else would give him AND it has to send him a message - the actual present, has to tell him something good about you.
    As to what you should write, it should come from the heart. Put yourself in his shoes, and imagine someone is writing to you. That way you will get the best idea of what would be best to write.
    Last edited by toknow; 17-04-13 at 04:41 PM.

Lets bring the thread back on topic please. Kiara, as toknow said, just talk over the noise, it isn't unusual for a debate to spark in a thread, it just happened to be yours.

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    ROFL...So, who is the idiot here since in your words it "is impossible to successfully persuade someone who doesn't want to listen" and you are still trying to.
    BAHHAAHHA....This is too easy.
    It took me a while to realize she isn't receptive to useful advice. So now kindly...Go kill yourself.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Thank you so much!
    I'll send him a pastel drawing! That video of him opening presents didn't show a single one made by a fan. They're all so unimaginative--boxed cookies and candies.
    I guess this will stand out! Here's my latest (and first) attempt at a horse (still unfinished, but going strong):

What animal would be good, though? It can't be hairy or feathery, so it can't be anything like a wolf or an eagle, but what other animals do guys typically like? How about a greyhound dog? What colors do guys usually like to see dogs-dark grays, reddish browns, blacks? Or should I just shoot for anything that I think looks cool? My dad *loves* dark gray, but then he's a somewhat antisocial geek who loves technology and hates cheese, cream, milk and anything that's remotely romantic. This guy sings stuff my dad would laugh at, such as "Promise me you'll never cry/If you cry I'm gonna die/With your tears in my eyes..."
    As to writing a note, perhaps I shouldn't? I was recently told that sending one would send a "creepy fan" vibe, while not sending one would say "this person is cool and calm and friggin' awesome". Is that true?
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 18-04-13 at 12:51 PM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world -

Burn the page for me
    I cannot erase the time of sleep
    I cannot be loved so set me free
    I cannot deliver your love or caress your soul...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nice drawings. Very talented Kiara.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Nice drawings. Very talented Kiara.
    Haha thanks, this is my first ever try. I must admit though to using a photograph as a guide. Couldn't have done it otherwise.
    I hope Arsy will like whatever it is I decide to draw for him.

Burn the page for me

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I draw an awesome, anatomically correct stick-man... 3 intersecting lines w/a circle on top. So yes you are talented.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Kiara, I'm very surprised you are more talented than I expected. I think he'll be very impressed. And if by chance he is really impressed and interested and somehow wants to help you with your art (he knows people, etc. and wants to point you to the right person to further your talent) then you could get to know him in no time and become his friend, and after even more. Life is so unpredictable.

I think the drawing of a horse would be best to send him. Horses have some aura of dignity, calmness, goodness, grace about them. By drawing that, it's showing that grace through every stroke in your painting.
    Last edited by toknow; 20-04-13 at 12:07 AM.

People might not take you seriously because this thing happens to everyone when they’re young. Enjoy the feeling for the moment. But do not hope for anything more. You have to face the fact that he’s out of your league but you’ll be very lucky if by some twist of fate he notices you. You’ll never know.

Thank you so much IndiReloaded, toknow and jamie11! This is just what I was looking for!
    Here's my finished (or nearly so) horse, as well as my finished toucan (I decided not to color in a background, to help with contrast) that I drew for my teacher:

The horse

The toucan

I wonder though...will that be enough to draw his attention? I got his permission to do a YouTube cover of one of O-Zone's old songs (I haven't yet decided whether to do Dragostea Din Tei, Oriunde Ai Fi, or De Ce Plâng Chitarele. I don't really think I sing that well, though. I will definitely have to run it through you guys before I send him the link
    Would it really be better to send no note? What about signing my name on the drawing? I know he adores his sister Alina. What if I sent her a drawing as well?
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 23-04-13 at 11:55 AM.

Burn the page for me

The horse is better to send. Yes, definitely sign the drawing - he might see your drawing somewhere else and remember your signature.
    I think you should send him a note, because you want to create a connection with him.
    Don't send any present for his sister. Remember you are trying to create a connection with him, sending anything to his sister would be a distraction.
    And it also will subconsciously derail him from your intention, which is directed towards him.

And if I were to include a cute picture of myself, as I was advised to do on Yahoo! Answers...? I guess that would make my intentions a bit too obvious, wouldn't it?
    What sort of things should I put in the note?

Burn the page for me

You have to take your time and really think about this.

It's a tough one, but don't get discouraged, there is an answer to everything.
    The real problem is your age here. You should not let him know you are 15, you can say you are a teenager so he can appreciate the drawing,
    but if you tell him your age, being 29 he will not take you seriously, he'll think of you as a little sister - the reason you wouldn't want that
    is that once he sees you like that, it's really hard to change that view of you.

Whatever you write in the note it has to sound mature, grab his attention and create a connection with him. A strategy that might work well is to talk to him as an equal,
    that way he will not treat you like his other fans who put him above themselves. This should be done very precisely though, if you go that route.
    Last edited by toknow; 24-04-13 at 01:45 PM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast