+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Do I have a chance with him?

You know...hiding something important like AGE is HIDING SOMETHING important....
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    You know...hiding something important like AGE is HIDING SOMETHING important....
    Cosmo is so right. It' called LYING

Someone his age is not going to go for someone so many years younger....hence hiding your age. But hiding your age to trick him into being interested just makes you a liar.

Your mother seems to be giving you all these tips, but didn't she ever teach you not to lie? If who you are will stop a person from being with you, then lying about who you are to catch them is just so immoral.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Hey Cosmo, you're open to a relationship at present. How would you feel if a girl sought you out and *deliberately* hid the fact that she's underage?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

If he were to ask my age I would of course tell him the truth. Right now, I don't need him to be interested just yet since I am still too young and I'm not even in a place where I can talk to him personally, and there's really no way he would be since I don't post pictures or anything he can go by to see if he 'likes' me or not. When I go to Romania, if I can somehow see him in person...then that's when I need him to decide if he likes me, and that's when I'll tell him my age, once he has had a chance to see whether or not he likes who I am. That way he won't have any preconceptions.
    Withholding information isn't lying. Are you lying if you go on here and don't immediately tell everyone your exact age?
    You tell your crew you're taking a bathroom break, but you don't go into detail about what you're doing in there, do you?
    How is it lying if he doesn't ask about it? All I want is a chance to meet him in person before I tell him my age. That way he'll judge me according to who I am and not according to my age.
    I try not to differentiate between people based on age, but I see it at work in myself all the same, and not even in personal relationships but on casual online 'friendships'. There's this particular IRC that I enjoy frequenting. I have friends on there who are 4 or 5 years younger than myself. Normally I choose to speak to adults due to the level of maturity, but my younger friends on there didn't tell me their age until a while after I 'met' them. How is that lying? I didn't mind it. On the contrary, not knowing their real age gave me a chance to get to 'know' them (as well as you can 'know' someone online, of course) for who they are, and they have amazing levels of maturity. Sometimes the 12-year-olds on there act more maturely than the 50-year-olds. And this has happened to me more than once.
    So remind me again, what's so wrong about not telling him my age right off the bat? I don't have many details about myself on my Facebook profile anyway. Pretty much the only pictures I have are pictures of my cat and digital paintings I've made. I put just any ol' birthplace, current place of residence, workplace ("Waiting for True Love". Woohoo!), etc. (Now don't judge me here too. I have my reasons, and very strong ones. There is a certain family whom I certainly don't want to allow to find me and neither do my parents). My bio is very general and is more a description of what I'm like than really a biography...Really, I don't use Facebook for much more than communication with my classmates for homework. Other than reading some comments on Arsenie's and Radu's pages, the site holds virtually no interest for me. I'd rather spend my computer time on Howrse or Dragon Cave.
    I'm not saying I'm older than I am. I'm just not saying anything about that at the moment. Is that such a crime?
    And basilandthyme, I resent your saying that about my mom. She's not the one giving me all these tips. And even if she were, I'm not doing anything wrong. Right now, I just want to chat with Arsenie, maybe get to 'know' him a little bit better.
    Do you really need to find fault with everything anyone says or does? Because, it seems to me, no matter what I post you have some problem with what I say. You say that I am judgmental yet you are constantly judging me.
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 06-05-13 at 07:40 PM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world -

Burn the page for me
    I cannot erase the time of sleep
    I cannot be loved so set me free
    I cannot deliver your love or caress your soul...

Kiara, listen to everyone, but in the end make up your own mind as I've said before you will be the one living with the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Hey Cosmo, you're open to a relationship at present. How would you feel if a girl sought you out and *deliberately* hid the fact that she's underage?
    I'd be freaked out as shit and starting looking for legal counsel in case her parents...
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

Completely disagree with people saying: if you omit telling someone your age you are lying (completely ridiculous statement). People omit a lot of information about themselves. Unless he asked you specifically, even then you can chose not to tell him how old you are. What's next if you don't tell him your weight, you are lying too...lol.

When dealing with an UNDERAGE person, it is lying by omission. That is a HUGE fact to convey. Omitting something that could result in JAIL and being labeled one of the most despicable things possible is HUGE.

But I guess you'd rather be a moron, toknow. Doesn't surprise me by the amount of stupid shit you post that tries so hard to be contrarian.

Just when you think it can't get more ridiculous...lol.

Read my post again, I know you have difficulties, so I'll make it easier for you: A person chooses to omit that information, if you don't ask for it it's your own fault. Even if you ask she has the right not to tell you.

Lying by omission? BAHAHHAHAHAHAHA...

...you're too stupid for me to deal with.

BAHAAHAHAHA... Is that how you "win" your arguments...just don't start crying about it.

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    Completely disagree with people saying: if you omit telling someone your age you are lying (completely ridiculous statement). People omit a lot of information about themselves. Unless he asked you specifically, even then you can chose not to tell him how old you are. What's next if you don't tell him your weight, you are lying too...lol.
    When a child is trying to pass herself off as being of legal age to a man who is over twice her own, then yes, it's a lie by ommission. It doesn't matter if you don't consider it being one Nor does you laughing like a fool at people make it NOT a lie.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 08-05-13 at 11:13 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    When a child is trying to pass herself off as being of legal age to a man who is over twice her own, then yes, it's a lie by ommission.
    [GRAMMAR PATROL]Actually, the "m" seems to have reproduced. Asexually, I imagine, since I don't see another "m" around (leastways not in the same word). [/GRAMMAR PATROL] OK, I'm done. No offense intended. Certain typos I just find funny.
    Also, forgive me for saying so, but math doesn't seem to be your strong point. Last time I checked, 16*2 equals 32, not 29. So how is Arsenie 'over twice my own age'?
    I'm not 'trying to pass myself off as being of legal age'. I'm simply not mentioning it. Heck, I'm not even attempting to start a relationship with him at this point; I only want to chat. As I said, the time for my attempt will come in two years, when I meet him face-to-face. This would be the most innocent of chats. So why should I tell him my age if I'm not trying to start anything with him? Does that mean that if I go, for example, into the Dragon Cave IRC and don't immediately tell everyone present my exact age, I am lying, too?
    A person chooses to omit that information, if you don't ask for it it's your own fault. Even if you ask she has the right not to tell you.

Lying by omission? BAHAHHAHAHAHAHA...
    What's next if you don't tell him your weight, you are lying too...lol.
    My thoughts exactly. Like this one time, I was given lots of gifts on DragonAdopters (an online game I used to play) by a player I thought was just really nice (since I'm the same way and love to help new players). But then he asked me for my RL address. Was I 'lying' when I refused to tell him? Was it 'immoral' for me to also give him back all that he'd given me and block him in order to avoid telling him anything?
    Thank you once more for your valuable input, toknow!
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 09-05-13 at 06:26 AM.

Burn the page for me

So you think like someone who drinks battery acid for a living? Because you just said you have thoughts like toblow's...

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    So you think like someone who drinks battery acid for a living? Because you just said you have thoughts like toblow's...
    ...I'm sorry, but I do not understand the battery-acid implication, nor the (presumably deliberate) misspelling of toknow's username. I am fairly certain that the ingestion of battery acid would be highly toxic and probably deadly if left untreated, and since toknow is clearly alive, I don't see how his earning a living in the way you mention would be possible.
    I have no quarrel with you, so why the hostility? Again, why am I 'lying'? As I said, if I go on the Dragon Cave IRC and don't immediately inform everyone present of my exact age, then I'm 'lying'? Was I 'lying' when I refused to tell some online creep my RL address? Am I 'lying' by not mentioning my real name at every forum where I spend time?
    This would be the most innocent of chats. I'm not trying to start anything with him at this point. The time for that will come in two years, if not more. I just want to talk. How is not telling him my age being dishonest?

Burn the page for me

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast