+ Follow This Topic
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Do I have a chance with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kiara View Post
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]
    [GRAMMAR PATROL]Actually, the "m" seems to have reproduced. Asexually, I imagine, since I don't see another "m" around (leastways not in the same word). [/GRAMMAR PATROL] OK, I'm done. No offense intended. Certain typos I just find funny.
    Also, forgive me for saying so, but math doesn't seem to be your strong point. Last time I checked, 16*2 equals 32, not 29. So how is Arsenie 'over twice my own age'?
    if you go around correcting my grammar and spelling you'll have more useless posts to your credit then you already do. semantics aside you are lying by omission particularily if he's to stupid to figure out you're as young as you come off being.
    I'm not 'trying to pass myself off as being of legal age'.
    You can fool yourself with that type of denial but you can't fool us. You've alread mentioned how you've made certain your age isn't visible so save it.

I'm simply not mentioning it.
    You're hiding it as well as "simply not mentioning it" and you're hiding it because you know that knowing your age will make him distance himself from you if hes even given you any attention at this point (I'm not about to read through to verify)

Heck, I'm not even attempting to start a relationship with him at this point; I only want to chat.
    Then tell him your age and ask him if it bothers him to chat with someone younger then him. What have you got to lose if you only want to chat?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Plus, you should learn to quit being so literal because that is a quality that is not attractive to the opposite gender...Famous guy won't like when he can't speak idiomatically because you're being a buzzkill and dissecting the scientific or logical soundness of what he just said..
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Plus, you should learn to quit being so literal because that is a quality that is not attractive to the opposite gender
    Actually it is for me. I like to be politely corrected, its very nice that someone cares about your verbal beauty. Its pure pleasure to have conversation with such person cause in the end you gona leave smarter than before.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I did it purposely. Usually I don't do this, but then usually I'm not being judged by people who don't even know me in real life and are already calling me 'immoral' and a 'liar'.
    My hiding my age on Facebook wasn't entirely for him; as I mentioned, I have strong reasons to avoid being found by a particular family I used to know. I don't even have my real name on my Facebook account.
    And I am not saying I'm older than I am. I'm just hiding my age. Since when does hiding my age imply I'm an adult?
    So to your way of thinking, I'm trying to get him to think, "Oh, she's not showing her age, so she must be an adult?" Do you really think he'd be that dumb? Really? I'm sure he knows that anyone can wish not to have their age known, whether adult, teenager or 5-year-old kid.
    And no, he would not distance himself from me. When I spoke with him, as I said, several members (I won't say who) told him their ages. There were even 12-year-old girls on. He paid equal attention to everyone.
    I just don't want him to categorize me as a 'little sister' before he even knows me, as toknow said.

@pcmaster: I agree! LOL, I like it when anyone *politely* corrects me. It's nice to find out not all boys are the opposite of me in that respect! Maybe that's why I like to spend so much time with my literature teacher XD
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 09-05-13 at 07:05 AM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world -

Burn the page for me
    I cannot erase the time of sleep
    I cannot be loved so set me free
    I cannot deliver your love or caress your soul...

"Verbal beauty" can also include idioms, no need to be so pedantic and speak so pretentiously..That isn't smart. That's just plain bragging about qualities one probably doesn't actually have..
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

I just don't want him to categorize me as a 'little sister' before he even knows me, as toknow said.
    and hence why you're not disclosing is considered a lie by omission.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Actually it is for me. I like to be politely corrected, its very nice that someone cares about your verbal beauty.
    Careful what You wish for. ;o)
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Ops, I mean linguistic grace.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

"Verbal beauty" can also include idioms, no need to be so pedantic and speak so pretentiously..That isn't smart. That's just plain bragging about qualities one probably doesn't actually have..
    Pray tell me what qualities those are of which you speak.

Burn the page for me

You're speaking with this irritating, patronizing pseudo-intellectual kind of unnatural diction. It really grates on anyone who isn't full of themselves. I'm sure Mr. Pop Star there would be lost in your thesaurus-fueled mini-diatribe there by sentence 2.

You're speaking with this irritating, patronizing pseudo-intellectual kind of unnatural diction. It really grates on anyone who isn't full of themselves. I'm sure Mr. Pop Star there would be lost in your thesaurus-fueled mini-diatribe there by sentence 2.
    Forgive me if you find me irritating. I am a certified bookworm, am currently reading Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time" and have probably read well over a thousand books in my life, so naturally I use some of the language I read. I'll read anything that falls into my hands, from the TV's instruction manual to Shakespeare, Federico Garcia Lorca, Antonio Machado, Jose de Espronceda, Marguerite Henry, Langston Hughes, Edgar Allan Poe, Robert Downing, Francine Rivers, Carl Sagan, H.G. Wells, Rudyard Kipling...
    Sorry, I love reading so much I'll just go on and on about my favorite writers.
    I'll try not to speak like this any more, if it annoys you. Fair enough?
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 09-05-13 at 07:26 AM.

Burn the page for me

That wasn't my point (in fact, I've read most of the same). Naturally, reading a lot can extend into diction but you have to be careful not to oversaturate it: you could lose a lot of potential peers and friends as a result. Sounding smart and being smart are two different things, as you'll find out. Just imparting some of the knowledge I've gained..unfortunately.

Princess, meet YoungCosmo, YoungCosmo, meet Princess. Now that you've both been formerly introduced and you know one anothers ages.. Chat away with full disclosure... Puuuurfect.

That wasn't my point (in fact, I've read most of the same). Naturally, reading a lot can extend into diction but you have to be careful not to oversaturate it: you could lose a lot of potential peers and friends as a result. Sounding smart and being smart are two different things, as you'll find out. Just imparting some of the knowledge I've gained..unfortunately.
    I know. I'll keep that in mind. Sadly (or happily?), I tend to live in bookland when I'm not geeking out on the Internet. I get so lost in books...my mom always has to take them from me to get me to do homework lol. Well, not always, but you get my point
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Princess, meet YoungCosmo, YoungCosmo, meet Princess. Now that you've both been formerly introduced and you know one anothers ages.. Chat away with full disclosure... Puuuurfect.
    Erm...what?? I don't know YoungCosmo's age, nor did I ask to know it...My point here, again, is that I don't need to know his age to be able to chat nicely with him.

Burn the page for me

Your point is on the top of your head.

Anyway, my bad.. I thought EVERYone knew YC's age. It's 23 by-the-by.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Your point is on the top of your head.

Anyway, my bad.. I thought EVERYone knew YC's age. It's 23 by-the-by.
    That's true. So is yours. (I mean your point, not mine, of course XD)
    I'm not everyone. I do have a memory; it just doesn't work, so I need to write everything down on little papers of paper, and my head is currently spinning in round circles due to my computer homework. XD
    OK, I'm done sharing bad jokes.
    Back on topic: Again, why is choosing to not share my age online considered being dishonest?
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 09-05-13 at 07:47 AM.

Burn the page for me

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast