+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she Have a fear of intimacy?

Does she Have a fear of intimacy?

Ive know this girl for over a year now through college and we flirt alot and text eachother often.. we go cinema with friends often and we ALWAYS sit next to eachother and we hold hands and lean on eachother and sometimes look intoeachothers eyes .our relationship is like a rollercoaster at times.. sometimes she'll start acting distant for no reason and this has led me to act distant to her at times. at this moment in time we have started to get back to normal again, we went cinema again recently and she went to grab my hand but i pulled back. im kind of afraid to open up again because she hurt me last time. .. She is a very self concious girl and isnt that great with guys and i told her i like her through text last year through text and she didnt really give me a solid answer.. I do get the feeling at times she really does like me to, but for some reason she acts strange and pushes me back. A few months ago we were closer than we had ever been but a few days later she completed pushed me back and was avoiding me, I asked her what was wrong and she just denied it all and said nothing was wrong, so i asked a close mutual friend to ask her, and she said that she has "been going through some ****" which she doesnt want to tell anyone about (not even her bestfriend) but it was evident i was the issue as she seemed fine around other people (blatantly targeting me) shes always busy and seems happy around school so it doesnt seem to phase her. Yesterday she was acting cold through her texts so i told her that i do care about her and I will be here for her no matter what, after i told her she has been very quiet.

P.S.. She once said to me while we were teasing and messin about "stop playing hard to get!".. so that made me think aswell. She also said on twitter "i should of treated him the way he used to treat me" which could have been meant for me. Through text she will rarely show any emotion :/

You need to tell her straight how you feel and see what she says. If shes interested take her out. If shes not, cut contact with her and move on with your life.

In future if you like a girl dont waste a load of time trying to be her best mate-just ask her out. It will save you a lot of time and energy

Duplicate post, different title. He doesn't like the idea of being straight forward with her....he's being a pussy.