+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl in my class, Is she Interested or just friendly?

Girl in my class, Is she Interested or just friendly?

We are about 10 weeks into classes and I've only talked to this girl 2-3 times within those weeks. I was introduced by her sister only because she happened to be there. I remember that day because I noticed she was kind of nervous. I'm not sure if it was the "get away from me" nervous or " I like you" nervous. Her cheeks would turn red (Cuz i was kind of teasing her), not very talkative. I could tell there was something there that I must did.

Just last week I started talking to her again because she was sitting by herself. I started small talk she doesn't give good eye contact. I think we are still somewhat both nervous? I asked her if she wanted to meet up at the library and study and she said yes at 1pm. I said cool I,ll see you then. Problem is I forgot to get her number, I didn't tell her what floor to meet me in. So I pretty much figured it was a incomplete invite and she wasn't going to show. Perfect excuse to not meet up! Lol

So I get to the library late like around 1:20 just because I had a strong feeling she wasn't going to show. it's a big library so whatever. As soon as I walk in there she was sitting down waiting for me. I was like whoa that was nice(i guess i wasn't a creeper to her). She said she was about to leave because she didn't think I was going to show. We ended up talking instead of studying for an hour. Then she got up and asked me if I needed any help or anything to ask her I said cool. She leaves I didn't get a phone number..don't know why?

Saw her the next day and when I walked in the cafe she looks up at me and then looks back at her papers. Like she didn't even acknowledge me. I went up to her anyway and sat next to her to study for the test we were about to take. We talk for a little bit but she still can't make good eye contact. Then at times it gets really quiet.. Granted she probably doesn't want to bother me studying.

Anyway is she being awkward? Or does she think I'm a creep? I'm in college btw

Does she blush when you talk to her sometimes?This can be a sign she's intrested.
    I Mustashe You a question...

Super10, she tried to start a conversation with you by asking if you wanted help or anything....and you just replied "Cool". As the conversation fell flat, she probably thinks you're not interested. Granted, she should have phrased it as a question - but I think the intent for a conversation was there.

The ball is in your court now. You need to go and make a conversation with her.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

She was leaving when she said "if you need anything or need help come to me" i said " cool" we already talked for an hour and didn't really study.

My problem is why does she seem to pretend i'm not there? Like the very next day i walk in a cafe and she looks up and sees me and then puts her head down. As if she doesn't want to say hi. We already spent an hour together at least say hi when you see me.

Second she can't keep eye contact when talking with me. She has great convo but she can't look at my face sometimes.
    Last edited by super10; 14-04-13 at 12:28 PM.

The way I see it, it's not that she doesn't want to say "hi" she is just simply way too shy. You need to stick around long enough and hang with her and basically get her to open up first.

If she thought you were a creeper she wouldn't show up to meet you in the library. She is most definitely awkward.

These type of girls, they will usually never be the first one to make a move. She doesn't make eye contact because she is simply to shy as you make her nervous.

You should definitely get her number and start texting her or chatting her up if you want something to happen with this girl.

Trust me, I am a 'shy girl myself'. She sounds like me
    Titania, Queen of the fairies

"We don't die for our loved ones, we live for them"