+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Emailed My Crush A Song But Regreted It HELP

Emailed My Crush A Song But Regreted It HELP

Ok so Saturday night I ended up having a drink with my mate and I told her I had this crush for about year now on my guy mate (I shouldve kept quiet about now) anyway she said to email him a song to describe how I feel about him so I did didnt get a reply text from him till next morning saying hes flattered that I like him like that but he doesnt want me to send him songs like that to him again
    I ended up texting him back saying he was reading to much in to this and I only see him as a mate and I took a minter blah blah so I could save this friendship and ever since then I could feel it weird and thats just by text I hardly see him as hes at Uni and yes hes single I don't know what to do I don't want this friendship ruiend cause of one stupid thing
    Should I give him space before getting in touch or not make any contact and leave it and see if he contacts me I really need some advice.

It depends what the song was.

I didn't want to scare him off by sending a "slushy" music so I tried my hardest to find a good song and it was one of Michelle Branch songs its not to sloppy etc

Thats stupid. First, its just stupid song and not excatly your words. Second theres nothing regret about I seen thouse songs and they really boring. Hear about girls sendind their vagina videos - now thats embarasing, but at least they hooked up afterwards.

Anyway you have low confidence or just too afraid to make a move, or problems with expressing your feelings or all together. GL with finding a BF, althought I have no idea how you gona acomplish that.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

LOL...I think he is overreacting. So, what you sent him a song, he should be glad that someone cares to do that for him.

Lets summarize in point form.

-Your friend told you to send him a song to tell him you like him
    -He didn't reciprocate and told you not to do it again
    -Instead of asking if he would want to go out with you, you dropped the ball and tried to tell him you just want to be friends and he read too much into it?
    -Now you think you can save a friendship with someone you're romantically interested in...

Here is the reality, you like him, so right now you're not friends. You're obviously inexperienced with relationships because when confronted, instead of making the move you ran away. And finally, things are awkward now because he already knows you like him, so now you're just lying to him about wanting to be just friends. Let me punch all this into my calculator over here:

*Beep beep boop bip bip ting ting beep beep whiiiiiirp*

Just as I suspected, you're f*cked. Best bet is to pretend like nothing ever happened and let it blow over. Avoiding him will only make things more awkward.

Your actual best bet is to tell him you want to date him, but I don't think you have anywhere near the courage for that.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Actually i've been in long term relationships but they ended badly with me getting cheated on, I just feel embarrsed I did something so stupid

He told me he was "flattered" that I have "feelings" for him but didn't want me to send him songs like that wtf

Because songs sucks - its not direct expression. Guys dont understand that kinda stuff. Everyone regardless of gender like direct aproach.(Its the confidence and courage that is atractive)

Remember one girl been singing songs to me at work and trowing golf balls. But I gave her credit for her amazing smile and that shes said shes likes me. She didnt had the courage to say it directly to me and that sucks but she said it laudly to a friend when I was near.

However guy seems like most easy guy to get in whole world its maybe because he likes you. Otherwise how would he been flatered by that song( these Michelle songs are really lame, seriously).

So he likes your attention but dont likes the form of it. - Not direct enought.

If you really wana make and impact then take the risks. Make and eye contact and say something nice. Like compliment him or express your feelings. If you like him then you should see good things about him that even he dont see about himself(the way he moves, talks, thinks, smiles, acts).

I ussualy give this advice to guys but if you really want person to stay in your life then make her feel apreciated for who she is. Be honest by expressing your true feelings - good and bad. Its the full range of emotions that makes a girl atracted.

You are nothing before you speak.

Good luck !
    Last edited by pcmaster; 15-04-13 at 05:35 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    LOL...I think he is overreacting. So, what you sent him a song, he should be glad that someone cares to do that for him.
    Of all things I expected you to say, this^ was the last thing I expected. Hahaha

I agree that he's overreacting. But honestly...why didn't you just tell him?

Also, it's only awkward if you MAKE it awkward... That being said, act as if NOTHING HAPPENED. Be like Nixon-- deny, deny, deny. From the moment you read this forward, it never happened to you. You know nothing. Everything that happened is a dream. All that exists is your friendship. Just go on as such if you truly want to save your friendship.

So, we have two valuable lessons to learn right here... 1. Next time, use your voice. 2. Act natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Lets summarize in point form.

-Your friend told you to send him a song to tell him you like him
    -He didn't reciprocate and told you not to do it again
    -Instead of asking if he would want to go out with you, you dropped the ball and tried to tell him you just want to be friends and he read too much into it?
    -Now you think you can save a friendship with someone you're romantically interested in...

Here is the reality, you like him, so right now you're not friends. You're obviously inexperienced with relationships because when confronted, instead of making the move you ran away. And finally, things are awkward now because he already knows you like him, so now you're just lying to him about wanting to be just friends. Let me punch all this into my calculator over here:

*Beep beep boop bip bip ting ting beep beep whiiiiiirp*

Just as I suspected, you're f*cked. Best bet is to pretend like nothing ever happened and let it blow over. Avoiding him will only make things more awkward.

Your actual best bet is to tell him you want to date him, but I don't think you have anywhere near the courage for that.
    This post was pretty funny I had a good laugh, thanks!