+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Feel heatbroken after only 4 dates

Feel heatbroken after only 4 dates

Hi all, first time post here goes.

Should probably explain around a year ago I split from my long term girlfriend of 6 years and I am 25. She was cheating on me, when I found out I just felt relieved it was over and didn't feel any heartbrake. I was scared being single again but no real emotion towards my ex the relationship had gone stale.
    Anyway I have enjoyed myself for 12 months living it up with friends, had meaningless sex with couple girls but was recently set up with girl we went out and got on great, we have also had sex twice in that time, the sex was great she so caring. She is also very outgoing which i liked and started to see myself with her. As the title says only seen her 4 times but texting everyday for around a month.
    Anyway one day she's texting me really keen and the next she is being distant with me.
    I felt best to give her space for couple days which ive done and now couple weeks later i hardly hear from her. She did text me saying shes really sorry she hasn't been in touch and hopes im ok. Im gutted and cant stop thinking about her.
    I always put brave face on and keep busy but just think stupid I feel like this over someone only met 4 times!!

Also keep thinking how only couple weeks ago I was in such great mood because of this new girl and how keen she was but now she is not interested. I'm just gonna have to deal with it but wanted to get everything off my chest.
    I think as the relationship was in honey moon stage were everything going great it's just shock it suddenly finished and obviously not nice when someone just goes off you

Maybe you was so bad at sex that she thought you are virging, thats why she was so caring. But seriously I hear that girls want at least half an hour. If its really over than you can ask her what was wrong so you can learn.

Anyway feel sorry that you have been dreaming like a little girl just to find out that it was really a dream.

Take care !
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Lol nice one

Westwood, I think relationships are a little bit like a lottery, most of the time you don't know if they're going to pass the flirting stage, the first encounters, the first months or the first year... Time is the only one that can tell you how valid a relationship really is.

When there is such an abrupt change and so soon, one can only do what you've done, show some interest for some time, trying to keep things going but if she continues being uninterested, you have to try to forget her. You've had a nice experience with someone, the ball is in her court now and you'll know of her if she changes her mind.

If you succeeded to free yourself of a 6 years relationship that wasn't right for you without too much drama, you'll find resources to leave this behind too. You're hurt and confused and still have feelings for her, but I suppose that in a few weeks without any response from her, you'll start to see things more clearly or at least you will be more detached.

Quote Originally Posted by valixy View Post
    Westwood, I think relationships are a little bit like a lottery, most of the time you don't know if they're going to pass the flirting stage, the first encounters, the first months or the first year... Time is the only one that can tell you how valid a relationship really is.

When there is such an abrupt change and so soon, one can only do what you've done, show some interest for some time, trying to keep things going but if she continues being uninterested, you have to try to forget her. You've had a nice experience with someone, the ball is in her court now and you'll know of her if she changes her mind.

If you succeeded to free yourself of a 6 years relationship that wasn't right for you without too much drama, you'll find resources to leave this behind too. You're hurt and confused and still have feelings for her, but I suppose that in a few weeks without any response from her, you'll start to see things more clearly or at least you will be more detached.
    Thanks for the advice :-)

It's possible that you could be dealing with feelings of rejection as well? You don't need to worry, from the sound of things it seems like you'll have no problem catching someone.