+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Heavy Hearted Decision--intense subject matter

You can call me a C if you want and I won't care. I don't take any insults personally from people I don't know or even care about for that matter and I didn't take this personally.. You're a stranger who doesn't know me personally so why would I? I've told you before I will debate my point of view. Just don't tell me what and what not to post. Telling people (not me in particular) to stop making someone feel bad when no one has been trying to do any such thing is what started all this.

I don't judge the fact she's pregnant. Pregnancy is not a shame. What is the shame is she doesn't want this baby that she didn't protect herself from having. If she did want this baby, this thread asking for suggestions on what she should do wouldn't even exist and she'd be happily gestating as we speak. So education is not a judgement if she or anyone reading this that doesn't know about it has unprotected sex with someone in the future and she doesn't want a baby then hopefully she'll go to her pharmacist and get the morning after pill, take it and not have to make such decisions.

Her situation is not unique and its never a bad thing to discuss it the topic in general so that hopefully it will open some eyes. This topic will always be a heated one. Always has been.

I don't think Op even knew about the morning after pill. If her parents or her school had told her about it, she could have avoided having to make any kind of decision concerning whether or not to have this baby. Its what everyone who has been overtaken by the moment and not protected themselves should take if they're not ready to have a child or those where the rubber broke should take it if they're not ready.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 21-04-13 at 09:05 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

yes and when i made that post it was aimed at some of the males who were v quick to judge her-not at you.

i dont think any man can judge a pregnant girl cause hell never no how vulnerable and terrified she feels . especially at the thought of being left alone with a newborn.

Yes, would you like to start the entire debate over again because that's what you're doing with that ^^^ post or are you going to let it go now that we've both exhausted our points of view?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    yes and when i made that post it was aimed at some of the males who were v quick to judge her-not at you.

i dont think any man can judge a pregnant girl cause hell never no how vulnerable and terrified she feels . especially at the thought of being left alone with a newborn.
    Right... because we're not intelligent beings with empathy. We couldn't possibly understand. We're just too stupid.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234