+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you know if you are in love?

How do you know if you are in love?

How do you feel? What are you willing to do for your partner when you feel you are in love?

Feel happy of course, with natural default smile without even noticing it. Sometimes its even impossible not to smile, the energy inside is too strong. However its not like I wana do something for the person. Yes I wana spend time, be close, touch, ask hundreats of questions,open the doors for her, carry her in my arms, make her feel good, make her happy.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    its not like I wana do something for the person. Yes I wana [...] open the doors for her, carry her in my arms, make her feel good, make her happy.
    ...so you do want to do something for her.

I've only ever loved two men in my life, neither of which I could ever piece together a relationship with, but for me it was a willingness to run to the ends of the Earth to make them happy. I kind of just stopped caring what I could get out of it and focused on being there. I can sit here and tell you that it's feeling like you're flying, but it's really not, to me. It's just a bond together where you understand the other and never want to do anything to hurt them in your entire life- that same connection that you want them to be happy no matter if it's with you or not. In the end, what I'm willing to do kind of speaks for itself, since I speak of both men in the past tense... Haven't spoken to the first since 2009 and haven't really patched up my friendship with the other since he let his insecurities get the better of him in February of this year. I still both of them, but I'm at peace with knowing I could never have either- one because of restrictions and the other because no one ever can; he'll only run away.

That's just me, anyway. My point is that there's no true definition of love- only subjective opinions on what it is. Nevertheless, when you are, you'll just know. Both times with me, I just sort of knew, and I denied it for months on end until I reached my breaking point.

Just be careful not to fall too fast, for it will only lead then to infatuation.

I think it will vary for everyone.

For me its when I can see no one but her. I don't mean that literally, rather I may notice other women but I always say to myself, "meh that is not even close to as good as what I got." My radar even turns off and I don't notice when other women check me out or flirt with me, I actually become pretty oblivious. I wake up and go to bed thinking of her and if I am not with her I want to be with her. When things happen in my life I want her to be the first to know. Her touch and the sight of her entering the room warms my heart. Lastly, when I picture my future I can't see a life without her.

Imagine that the person you're with is about to be run down by a bus, and they only way to save their lives is to shove them out of the way and take the hit yourself. If you would do it, you're in love.

That fluttery feeling you get in your stomach - that's infatuation.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaCooln View Post
    I think it will vary for everyone.

For me its when I can see no one but her. I don't mean that literally, rather I may notice other women but I always say to myself, "meh that is not even close to as good as what I got." My radar even turns off and I don't notice when other women check me out or flirt with me, I actually become pretty oblivious. I wake up and go to bed thinking of her and if I am not with her I want to be with her. When things happen in my life I want her to be the first to know. Her touch and the sight of her entering the room warms my heart. Lastly, when I picture my future I can't see a life without her.
    yep....even sad when thoughs are the feelings you have but you dont express it enough of everyday...i did most of that stuff....but im a man of few words in real life...i dont always say the special/heartwarming things....sometimes i thought my actions spoke louder than words....but when you give actions that are only temporarily appreciated the only other way is to express it in words everyday or close to it

i remember times in public where my ex would would grab my hat off my head and throw it on in public....and i would say "ok lemme have that back" after a minute or so because i was worried about what my hat head looked like...and i should have let her keep it on because in reality who cares.....or the times before wed go in a restaurant and shed be putting on makeup and id get agitated because i wanted to get things movin(even if it was for her own vanity)...i should have been flattered that this gorgeous girl wanted to look good going out to eat with me...or the times she wanted to sit next to me instead of across from me at dinners.....sometimes i fussed.....i guess i realize i was kind of a jerk sometimes myself but deep down i feel like she was the love of my life

even though she had moved on and wanted me to....she bugged out on me when she saw a pic of a girl wearing my hat with my arm around her "thats the pic i wanted with you for 2.5 years...that i never got".....of course i was completely wasted in this pic and had no idea what was really going on....i almost feel bad that i took some things for granted

i think my ex has NPD/BPD....but there were alot of things she liked to do that i just thought was immature....like the hat thing...or wanting to makeout(I told her that "making out is like 8th grade stuff"(mostly because i would want to do more once that started which was something i could have done more to....but she was so sexually in control i usually let her take control).......and i realize thats just how she is and what she liked...and i should have let it be and just enjoy it....because if i did love and it shouldnt have mattered
    Last edited by overanxious; 16-04-13 at 02:49 AM.

I read this on Facebook this morning. I think this group of young children pretty much have it nailed.

When my grandmother got arthritis , she couldn’t bend over and paint her toenails anymore.. So my grandfather does it for her all the time , even when his hands got arthritis too. That’s love.’ – Rebecca, age 8

‘When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different.You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.’ – Billy, age 4

‘Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.’ – Karl, age 5

‘Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs.’ –Chrissy, age 6

‘Love is what makes you smile when you’re tired.’ -Terri, age 4

‘Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him , to make sure the taste is OK.’ – Danny, age 7

‘Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing , you still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and Daddy are like that.
    They look gross when they kiss’ – Emily, age 8

‘Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents
    and listen.’ –Bobby, age 7

‘If you want to learn to love better , you should start with a friend who you hate” –Nikka, age 6

‘Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt , then he wears it everyday..’ –Noelle, age 7

‘Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.’ –Tommy, age 6

‘During my piano recital , I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn’t scared anymore.’ – Cindy, age 8

‘My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don’t see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night.’ –Clare, age 6

‘Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken.’ –Elaine, age 5

‘Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford.’ –Chris, age 7

‘Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day.’ -Mary Ann, age 4

‘I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones.’ –Lauren, age 4

‘When you love somebody , your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.’ - Karen, age 7

‘Love is when Mommy sees Daddy on the toilet and she doesn’t think it’s gross..’ –Mark, age 6

‘You really shouldn’t say ‘I love you’ unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget.’ –Jessica, age 8

The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman’s yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there. When his Mother asked what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy said, ‘Nothing , I just helped him cry’.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I read this on Facebook this morning. I think this group of young children pretty much have it nailed.

When my grandmother got arthritis , she couldn’t bend over and paint her toenails anymore.. So my grandfather does it for her all the time , even when his hands got arthritis too. That’s love.’ – Rebecca, age 8

‘When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different.You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.’ – Billy, age 4

‘Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.’ – Karl, age 5

‘Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs.’ –Chrissy, age 6

‘Love is what makes you smile when you’re tired.’ -Terri, age 4

‘Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him , to make sure the taste is OK.’ – Danny, age 7

‘Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing , you still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and Daddy are like that.
    They look gross when they kiss’ – Emily, age 8

‘Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents
    and listen.’ –Bobby, age 7

‘If you want to learn to love better , you should start with a friend who you hate” –Nikka, age 6

‘Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt , then he wears it everyday..’ –Noelle, age 7

‘Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.’ –Tommy, age 6

‘During my piano recital , I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn’t scared anymore.’ – Cindy, age 8

‘My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don’t see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night.’ –Clare, age 6

‘Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken.’ –Elaine, age 5

‘Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford.’ –Chris, age 7

‘Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day.’ -Mary Ann, age 4

‘I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones.’ –Lauren, age 4

‘When you love somebody , your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.’ - Karen, age 7

‘Love is when Mommy sees Daddy on the toilet and she doesn’t think it’s gross..’ –Mark, age 6

‘You really shouldn’t say ‘I love you’ unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget.’ –Jessica, age 8

The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman’s yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there. When his Mother asked what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy said, ‘Nothing , I just helped him cry’.
    its funny...my ex's mother heard from my ex that she farted in front of me...and said "i never fart in front of your father"....and "maybe you guys are really just good friends"......I used to walk in my on my gf while she was sitting on the throne(while pooping) and i loved it....it was so funny....she even got comfortable with it.....i thought i was doing something to make her feel comfortable like I didnt care....she even didnt mind it too...except when I said "wowwww...it stinnks in here"....which she didnt even seem to mind....we had some of our best convos while she was on the toilet.....and at first she hated it....but she knew i didnt care and i loved it

Quote Originally Posted by cerbysuckscok View Post
    The **** is wrong with you bro?
    dude...i loved it...i dont care....she loved it...but knew i was comfortable with her enough that it didnt matter...."everybody poops"....maybe u might think it think it was a downfall....but we used to take baths together too.....whatever...i wanted her to know it didnt matter to me....and that i could be as silly as she was.....that i didnt care about that stuff...that i loved her just the same

i posted this story before...but one summer weekend...we had been run down from a busy ass weak....and we went to a red sox game...came home....and spent the whole weekend in bed without showering....ordered delivery every meal and even had a contest to see who smelt the worst(including private parts)....may seem childish to you and you may think that maybe a girl would think you are less of a man for it....but in the moment it was fun and hilarious....we both thought so....and even though you may think different she seemed to love it

i tried to take those insecurities away...from a girl that seemed to have so many of them....even though she was a complete knockout/legit 9......she even noted how she would probably never find that again .....we didnt break up because she didnt respect me....we broke up because i kept threatning to breakup with her...alot.....if i hadnt....wed still prob be together....but she wouldnt grow up...i guess in some aspects...i never made her grow up

when a 26 year old girl gets kicked out of a vehicle by her parents for arguing...you cant change her....they literally dropped her 3 miles from her house...i enabled...even though i tried to change some aspects of it
    Last edited by overanxious; 16-04-13 at 02:00 PM.

She wasn't a 9 bro, lol.
    u want a picture...pm me...i didnt do it everyday man relax...even if she was peeing....i didnt care....we were great friends and had alot of sex

Just post it on here and let the people decide. I just doubt that a genuine "9", would let someone have courtside seats while she drops the kids off at the pool. A 7 would maybe be fine with it.
    i didnt say she invited me in bro

haha here ya go though

Name:  c93078e824c43ba7aaaff8b0fb807538.jpeg
Views: 12
Size:  40.4 KB

Yeah, she's a 7 bro, maybe an 8 after a few beers.
    haha ok...whatever you say bro...a drunk pic from a ****in message board troll...who bviously has it all figured out and doesnt need to be here ....stfu guy seriouslsy

this girl dated guys in the NFL and NHL
    Last edited by overanxious; 16-04-13 at 02:22 PM.

8, without beer. You really landed yourself a pretty one, bro.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast