+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does it mean?

What does it mean?

So...recently seeing this guy who just wanted to be "friends with benefits". I told him no and that we don't want the same thing relationship wise and quite frankly I find asking someone to be friends with benefits insulting. I told him in my eyes what he is tellung me is I am not good enough to date but I'll do until he finds simething better. He said its not that he doesnt want a relationship...just no pressure or expectations. No!! I told him I enjoy his company so lets just be friends. Recently his dog was sick and I cared for it becauae I know alot about dogs. Now I obly hear from him by text when he has a question about his dog. I thought he respected me enought to at least stay friends!! Groan...lol I dont undertand men!! Is he just having a hissy fit and will come around?

It means that the chase is over... There's nothing in it for him, so he's moving onto a woman who will be his friend with benefits.

My advice? Tell him his dog is not your responsibility. Delete his number. Then move on with your life. You'll find a man who is way better than this pathetic child.

Yeah, I think dog pampering was it. Thats when he understood that you are his and there was no challenge anymore. Its like women try to get their BF to cook, BF just have to say: "I dont cook. You can cook right? Thats not what I do. Otherwise its over." Anyway it could be over if BF would cook too cause thats it. You cook you are basicaly domesticated. There is no challenge for girl anymore.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

He did absolutely nothing wrong. He was honest with you about what he wanted. Nothing at all insulting about that. You didn't want his offer. Also absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Then it sounds like you did what all women do what they don't get what they want out of men - you tried to force him into the friend zone. And he wasn't having it.

This guy did nothing wrong. It you don't like the arrangement, it's very simple: Just stop it.

This guy didn't want a relationship or even a friendship with you, he just wanted sex. You said no and he has moved on. Don't try to make it more than it was.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I did not accept his offer, but I still feel disrespected. Yes he was honest but I could never look at a person and tell them they will never be good for anything other than sex. To me, thats something you say to a hooker.

He sounds like a complete waste of your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    It means that the chase is over... There's nothing in it for him, so he's moving onto a woman who will be his friend with benefits.

My advice? Tell him his dog is not your responsibility. Delete his number. Then move on with your life. You'll find a man who is way better than this pathetic child.
    I second that emotion.