+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A guy is interested in children?

A guy is interested in children?

I was hanging out with this guy for the first time and we know each other only for a few weeks. Our relationship is friendly but we're both single and he's probably looking for a girlfriend. We're both young, a bit over 20 years. During the time we were out there were three times when we saw people with small babies and he always noticed them and commented on how they looked, like ''that's a nice baby" and I agreed with him. Well, probably he just likes babies. But what's the most important, the first time we saw a baby, he asked me how many children I would like to have in the future. So, I would like to know what you guys think. To me it seems like a quite serious question and I don't know if it's a random question which doesn't mean anything and I'm overreacting or does it mean that he is interested in me as a girlfriend. Thanks for the answer : )
    Last edited by cherrylady; 16-04-13 at 12:41 AM.

Its a random question that doesn't mean anything.

Can I ask why instead of just giving your age outright you state it as being "a bit over 20?" I see that often and would like to know the reasoning behind just not saying your actual age. Thanks.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

IMHO I think he saw a cute baby and the question just seemed right at the time. I think you are reading into a bit too much.

Its just a random question. Not like he asked you this in bed before sex. Girls are really keen to pick up indirect signals when in fact they not even signals. Its the action that matters from men and direct aproach. Otherwise most of us dont understand signals.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Its just a qs. Dont read into it. But ya the fact "hes hanging out with you" mosst likely means he wants u as a gf.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaCooln View Post
    IMHO I think he saw a cute baby and the question just seemed right at the time. I think you are reading into a bit too much.
    Yep... but it is significant that he notices and comments on babies. It's rare for a guy his age to like babies (I do, but I'm older), and he probably is interested in having his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Its a random question that doesn't mean anything.

Can I ask why instead of just giving your age outright you state it as being "a bit over 20?" I see that often and would like to know the reasoning behind just not saying your actual age. Thanks.
    We really are over 20...I mean 20 and a few months since our 20 birthdays. And I'm being a little bit paranoid about somebody who knows seeing this post here, I know it's stupid, but I don't disclose details that are unnecessary. And I think you are right with your answer, I only find it to be quite mature for a young guy to like babies.