+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I feel a bit guilty?

I feel a bit guilty?

Hey there,

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for a little under a year now and things are going pretty good. But recently I did something that I fear might have been wrong and I feel really guilty about it.

I was playing a game on my iPhone called Draw Something, some people might have heard of it. With every drawing you send to a person you can attach a message to it. I was playing with some random girl from america and a few messages were exchanged about usual things like where do you live, but nothing much. Then randomly she sent the message "do you have a cell phone number?". As soon as I read that I knew that there wasn't a chance in hell that I was sending any random girl my phone number for obvious reasons - I have a girlfriend. Looking back I should have just said that's innappropriate, or just deleted her from my game list, but I wrote "Yeah, why? xD". I know I wrote it just to see what she was going to say back. If she had asked for it, I was going to respond with either no I have a girlfriend, or I would just leave the game. So i sent the message saying "Yeah, why?". Then about 12 hours later I went onto the game and deleted her off it before she sent anything back because I felt like I shouldn't have asked that.

Even though I just sent that message to see what it was she was going to say or ask back I feel like I somewhat flirted or something? Maybe I just liked the attention I don't know, but I was never going to give out my number.

I feel guilty... any opinions on the situation?

Meh, nothing to see here.

I don't think you did anything wrong and your intentions were to shut her down by telling her you have a GF. Don't feel guilty and I don't think you need to mention it to your GF because you did nothing wrong. Actually, you did the right thing and deleted the game.

I think you should be proud of yourself that you have such great values, didn't emotionally cheat on your girlfriend, and now, move on! Go take your gf out, and enjoy every minute of it. Ann
    Ann

You had sex with your gf's sister? Where are your morals?
    Ann

Craving a bit of attention is normal. It's like a compliment and we definitely need those to keep our self value up sadly. The fact you felt the way you did proves you are loyal. Don't feel guilt. Absolutely no need.

And cerbysuckscok, why don't you go for their mother, surely both values lie within her.

Thats a big sin you did. You deserve to burn in hell. Your only option is to go to church and ask forgivness to God. Do counselling man. However you girlfriend probably already noticed that you have changed around her and dont look in her eyes anymore. Its better that you tell her. Sure it could mean the end but she dont deserve to live in lies. You have to be honest. If you plan to keep quiet and just get away with it then it will lead to bigger sins in future(Althought what can be worst than that?) if you will get away unpunished.

I suggest you buy her a flowers and tell her the truth before it come out from someone else.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Pcmaster is that all sarcasm or something? xD

And thanks for the replies. I just feel bad like I should have just left the conversation there, and by asking her why she wanted my number maybe I was fishing for a bit of attention or a compliment.

You did not do anything wrong or anything near the word “cheating.” Don’t worry about it. Shrug it off, you’re a good guy.