+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friend slept with my ex girlfriend. Do I forgive him?

The football team is most not likely all his good friends. Good friends don't do that sorta shit to each other.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's not wrong but it's in really bad taste. A friend wouldn't go there or, if they really felt they were 'the one' for each other, they'd have the decency to tell you in some way before doing the deed. Get new friends.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

To me, once it's over, it's over, so I don't really care either way. It is in bad taste though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X34Jo5OAJ6s.

At least thats how me and my two best friends are. We would never date each other Ex's. It's tacky as hell.

Well wth he said that. Anyway it was second had pussy anyway and after you, ****ing her was like droping the frankfurter in the dark for him.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I'd base the decision on how apologetic he sounded. If he seemed like he was genuinely sorry, I'd probably forgive him. If you need some time away from him before you can be on friendly terms again, then you should feel free to give yourself that time.

If he pulls that kinda shit again, he ain't worth having as a friend. Fool me once, shame on you..
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

There's a lot of detail we don't have which makes things difficult to comment.
    We don't know how long you dated this girl whether you really loved her, how upset you were over the breakup etc. Additionally, as has been said we don't know the manner in which your friend told you about this, nor we do really know exactly how you feel about it. For example do you feel massively hurt or do you just feel he's out of line?

People are always using drink as an excuse. Do you genuinely buy his reason or was this just something he wanted to do and feels he needs a cover for his actions?

Yes, you've no right to question her actions once you've split up but you have a right to question his.

Ultimately this is going to come down to the strength of your friendship and how hurt you are. If you feel he's genuinely remorseful and it's a good friendship I think you'll probably find a way to forgive in the long run bu,t like I say, without the full picture it's hard to comment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12