+ Follow This Topic
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: bad stuff happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I wasn't sure because I'd never heard of a stylist at the mall. As a matter of fact, I don't even think there's an info desk or any place in the malls here that even really offer any help...I'll look into it. Sounds expensive, though so that means putting that aside until I've saved money I can feel less guilty about on extravagances..
    One of the other options is just looking around at what others wear and how they wear it. Copy the looks you like.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

LR, if you are serious about being positive, then you need a new nickname. Something which will reflect your new outlook on life.

Reject no more
    Starting Over
    Loving Life

I'm sure you can come up with something more creative
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Ehhh... I often find it annoying. Well, perhaps exasperating is a better word.
    My aunt is a little like that too. Overly optimistic. Too positive all the time. Its like you can never ever complain about anything. Im normally happy go lucky but every now and again you just gotta vent and say "uh I need a new job" or something but shes like "sure your getting paid aren't you? with a big smile *sigh*

but then she falls apart over stupid things and cant handle any problems at all. Dont get me wrong I love her, shes great but sometimes its unrealistic to be that happy all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    One of the other options is just looking around at what others wear and how they wear it. Copy the looks you like.
    Yeah. I think there's at least some nuances that have to be pointed out; looking cool isn't easy. Otherwise, any fool could do it. This is where it would take a girl_____friend.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

My husband never used me to dress him. Not when we were teens, in our 20s, after our daughter was born or even now. You have an excuse for every aspect of why you don't get a goal met. Congratulations for being LF's least likely to achieve due to not really wanting to.

*bows*

So: What, if anything productive did you acomplish last night, sport?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Fashion is the hardest part. I question the orientation of any guy who actually knows it instinctively.

Anyway, last night I decided to stop being judgmental. If any of my friends would introduce me to the stuff they listen to, I'd give it all a fair chance. And if I ever got into a social situation again, I'd be sure to try to at least get acquainted. Plus, I just decided to walk away from what has been my universe in the absence of friends: hockey. I just don't find happiness anymore in religiously being involved in it. I wanna get out, be normal...That's my goal! To be normal.
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 21-04-13 at 02:37 AM.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Actually hardest part is fill the clothes with atractive human being. If you good without clothes than you will be good with any clothes.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I often question your psychological health but like you're assumption about questioning a man who can dress himself's "orientation", it has nothing to do with the question. Your attempt at deflecting the fact that you acomplished nothing to help you reach your goal is nothing new either.

DID you do anything to help with your goal of finding a chick to help with ALL that ails you or did you just spend it here justifying/denying/just plain bullshitting/deflecting another night away to the good folk of Loveforum?

One would think that a person such as yourself who thinks that having a girl is the answer to ALL of his problems would be doing more productive things in order to help him to find one. *shrugs*
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Hey now, we just talked him out of his self-delusion about his looks. Don't give him an excuse to backslide.

"Talking him out of" ANYTHING negative only lasts until his next disappointment. Y'all should know that by now.

He might fair better if he DID something that would help with his goal other then be talked out of stuff for a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I often question your psychological health but like you're assumption about questioning a man who can dress himself's "orientation", it has nothing to do with the question. Your attempt at deflecting the fact that you acomplished nothing to help you reach your goal is nothing new either.

DID you do anything to help with your goal of finding a chick to help with ALL that ails you or did you just spend it here justifying/denying/just plain bullshitting/deflecting another night away to the good folk of Loveforum?

One would think that a person such as yourself who thinks that having a girl is the answer to ALL of his problems would be doing more productive things in order to help him to find one. *shrugs*
    In case you missed my edit, I actually DID do something to start making a little progress:
    "Anyway, last night I decided to stop being judgmental. If any of my friends would introduce me to the stuff they listen to, I'd give it all a fair chance. And if I ever got into a social situation again, I'd be sure to try to at least get acquainted. Plus, I just decided to walk away from what has been my universe in the absence of friends: hockey. I just don't find happiness anymore in religiously being involved in it. I wanna get out, be normal...That's my goal! To be normal. "

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    In case you missed my edit, I actually DID do something to start making a little progress:
    "Anyway, last night I decided to stop being judgmental. If any of my friends would introduce me to the stuff they listen to, I'd give it all a fair chance. And if I ever got into a social situation again, I'd be sure to try to at least get acquainted. Plus, I just decided to walk away from what has been my universe in the absence of friends: hockey. I just don't find happiness anymore in religiously being involved in it. I wanna get out, be normal...That's my goal! To be normal. "
    Well, there is something you've given up that you once had passion for, what will you replace it with?

As for the other stuff, I don't know about anyone else but to me you sound like the drug addict who keeps promising to do things and never do them.. the guy that promises he'll not do another hit after this last one only to just keep doing the staus quo. Actions speak louder then words, LR and everyone here, including me, are just enabling you to just talk and not act.

If you do all those things above you promised yourself you'll do then that will be some positive actions towards you meeting your goal. If you just say you're going to do them, then you're just like the addict and we're just being codependent in continuing to try and fix you while enabling you not to have to by feeding your attention about the matters that plaque you.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 21-04-13 at 02:54 AM.

Drinking, partying, the glamorous life, hopefully.

LR my favourite style in a man is a tracksuit pants, trainers and a hoody. you can pull that look off easily or jeans and a hoody is good too.

dont wear those gay brown shoes or shirts with stripes or fecking cardigans etc. thats an awful look especially in young men

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    LR my favourite style in a man is a tracksuit pants, trainers and a hoody. you can pull that look off easily or jeans and a hoody is good too.

dont wear those gay brown shoes or shirts with stripes or fecking cardigans etc. thats an awful look especially in young men
    My wife likes me in grubby jeans and a ratty t-shirt covered in sawdust.

Takes all kinds.

She also likes it when I put on a suit and tie and we do something nice. Says I clean up good.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast