+ Follow This Topic
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: bad stuff happens.

OK, not counting the odd stuck-up bitch...How many times were you rejected by girls who led you on or seemed to show interest and a desire for you to approach them?

And I assumed it came naturally to you. Sometimes it does.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    OK, not counting the odd stuck-up bitch...How many times were you rejected by girls who led you on or seemed to show interest and a desire for you to approach them?

And I assumed it came naturally to you. Sometimes it does.
    More than I can remember. It's been a long time for me, as you are wont to point out.

I've asked a LOT of women out. More said no than yes. That's the way it works.

My dad, many years ago said to me: What've you got to lose? Just ask. If they say "no", then move on. If they say "yes", then that's a beginning. You can't win, if you don't play the game.

He also said (and I get that it's cliched) "Winners never quit, and quitters never win."

So whatcha gonna be, Cupcake? A quitter? Or a winner?

Oh, I'm not relapsing into trolling, venting or being depressed. I was just wanted to read some experiences that'll really put things into perspective.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

One thing you've got to get over IMNSHO, is saying that people that are happily married "don't count". Because they're the ones that have won the ****ing lottery. They're the ones that got it right. They are the ones that know what's up, how to get there, and more importantly, how THEY got there.

Wakeup. Indireloaded. BasilandThyme. Me. Smackie. Boisdevie (ok, he's not married, but has a steady GF for some time now.), others I'm not thinking of right now...

We won the ****ing lottery. Some of us had to learn some shit first. Some of us learned it the way.

I had to learn shit the hard way, but I've got it now... and that's a big part of why I'm ON this forum, I want to PASS SOME SHIT ON. I want the next generation of young bloods to benefit from my ****ups. I want to help young people (like you) figure it out.

We took 27 freakin' pages of our time trying to talk you through it. I was genuinely happy when you got a date set up, and I was saddened when it didn't work out. I hope that you don't give up - you've got a lot to offer.

DON'T give up. Part of the reason I removed you from my ignore list is because you didn't give up. Pansies give up. Losers give up. Sissies give up. You've shown yourself to be not a pansy - was I wrong? Probably not, I'm seldom wrong.
    Last edited by HeartIsAching; 21-04-13 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Included some others I'd forgotten

Oh, I'm not going to give up. I decided that once I get the make over, I'll take every opportunity I get. And when I fail, I might use it for the stories I am going to write for Creative Writing next semester. That and channel the disappointment into energy for workouts.

Even from a Female point of view, a number of rejections here too. Though they weren't technically rejections because it was more a case of me mis-reading their signs of interest....but either way, it was still a case of thinking I had a chance when I didn't.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I see. But it's not like girls really put anything on the line or risk humiliation?

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Thanks for your kind words Rowen. But he won't be an 'incredible man' in the regular sense of the word. He'll always be dependant on others and I can only hope that his sister doesn't have her life too impacted by him when we're gone.

But you are right that it's nothing to be ashamed of. Best thing about having him is that it's given me a window into the souls of others. I quickly learned which people to have around me and which ones to let go of. And I've also learned that there are far more good people than bad - because I had to let go of very few.
    ^ Just so you know, I'm mentally giving you reputation points right now because the button won't let me give them to you right now. But you're right that he will be dependent on others; I only meant in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    This thread is embarrassing. No-one posting here has real problems. It's just life, folks. If you want to see problems, visit the 3rd world.
    Everyone has problems. Granted, some are to a more worse condition than others, but the idea of "real" is all subjective in this case. What may not be real to you might be the world to someone else. Am I saying that I have it worse than someone else? No. All I'm saying is that everyone is troubled in this world. Everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Dude, alcohol helps most people be more sociable and let down their hair. Welcome to normality ;-)
    ^ I can testify to this. :S After a couple shots of vodka, I feel pretty relaxed and calm in social settings I'd normally be very uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I envy the chronically optimistic and happy people. I wish I knew their secret.
    Me too. I'll admit that I just try to be positive.

Wow, I disappear for two days, and all the fun stuff happens. haha But in all seriousness, I'm glad that things *seem* to be turning better, at least a little, from what I've read here. :S

I see. But it's not like girls really put anything on the line or risk humiliation?
    Of course they do.

Yeah, I guess it so risky to choose between a rich guy and another rich guy to be a home wife for...Sorry, ranting again. And daaaamn, my yoga instructor is SOOOOOOOO hot...

No, they suffer the same insecurities that we do about the opposite sex. It's more normal for guys to ask girls out, so they usually feel insecure when they're not being asked.

What's really sad about that is that most guys are afraid to ask the really beautiful girls out, so often they don't get asked... and it makes them feel as if they're undesirable. That's a big part of the reason you should get over your fear of the word "no", and just go ask some girls out.

I think once I get the makeover done, I'll try asking some beautiful girls out and test what you're saying. It'll be funny when I get rejected! Or maybe I could even turn it into bets and win: "Hey (friend)! I bet a beer that I'll go up to that girl!' I've got another idea to test out: my "Make Bad Shit Happen to You to Get Tougher" de-pansification hypothesis. The more I get rejected, the tougher I'll be!
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 22-04-13 at 04:59 AM.

Be even funnier when you get a date.

Imagine getting the dating rules mixed up and thinking that physical/sexual affection means they like you. But they don't want a relationship - all they want is sexual attention. And you've given them what they want and you've discovered you mean nothing to them.

How in the world is this not humiliating?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It's so obvious when sex is just sex. I don't understand the "confusion" (in fact, I don't understand "confusion" when applied to dating; it's very simple. You like them or you don't. No grey area)/

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast