+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: bad stuff happens.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    You offer insults about others tastes in lifestyle or their gender when you're NOT being anally probed. Next excuse???
    Not IRL, I don't. And don't give me some transparency bullshit: most kids are too stupid to count to potato these days. They have no deductive powers whatsoever so don't even mention that shit.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    And this is why you have no friends. If my friends misunderstand what I say or I keep finding myself taken out of context, I CHANGE MY APPROACH. But yet again, there's nothing wrong with you, is there. It's all everyone else's fault.
    No, sometimes in communication some aren't compatible. You are misinterpreting what I say when almost no one else seems to. It's like when one person can't understand a person's thick foreign accent yet another person can, in fact almost everyone else can.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Not IRL, I don't. And don't give me some transparency bullshit: most kids are too stupid to count to potato these days. They have no deductive powers whatsoever so don't even mention that shit.
    And there you go insulting all your peers again. ^^^ this is why you have no friends. They really don't want some pretentious twat hanging around them.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Do you even know today's kids? I am sure you don't. If you did, you'd agree. Most self-entitled, brat generation in history.

You know, you should be a lawyer. You're very good at tripping up those you drill with rigorous interrogations and get them to say things they don't actually mean. Just stop with this shit. You got me wanting to just kill myself and end it all I dont' ****ing need you make me feel worse. If the idea was to give me some perspective, all you've actually done is infuriating me.
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 19-04-13 at 03:10 PM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    And there you go insulting all your peers again. ^^^ this is why you have no friends. They really don't want some pretentious twat hanging around them.
    I agree with this^. Some of the most accomplished people I know are also very humble, delightful people. Pretentious = insecure.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

You think you've been bullied? I wanted to get a gun and shoot kids who tormented me. It was real fortunate I never got a hold of one; otherwise, I wouldn't be alive today and neither would those jackasses.
    Yeah, I think I've been bullied, you self-absorbed little twit. Between Kindergarten and 8th grade I went to five different schools, and I was always the smallest kid in the class. Between 8th and 9th grade I had a huge growth spurt and came up... average.

I was always the smallest kid in a new school, and I liked weird shit like classical music and science fiction. I was always far smarter than my classmates (but lazy) and loved to read, so I'd get shit done then hide my latest novel behind a textbook and read in class... I got busted in 2nd grade for reading Stranger in a Strange Land.

I eventually learned that the best way to avoid it was to pick the biggest kid in a new class, and fight him. Even if I didn't win, they left me alone after that. That's actually how I met my best (male) friend - he was the tallest kid in my new 5th grade classroom.

The problem is that bad stuff dont happens to some people. Thats why they find simple problems real life breakers cause thats worst what happened to them. When infact with positive attitute most of these problems would be gone cause they in the head or simply doable. Its almost like a kid crying for candy that he cannot get cause thats the biggest disapointmen in his life.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Do you even know today's kids? I am sure you don't. If you did, you'd agree. Most self-entitled, brat generation in history.

You know, you should be a lawyer. You're very good at tripping up those you drill with rigorous interrogations and get them to say things they don't actually mean.
    I HAVE a child of today's generation. 14yo, polite, well mannered, gets on well with both sexes, academically high achieving. Pretty much everything which you say doesn't exist.

I don't have what it takes to be a lawyer, but I am good at arguing with a bullshitter.....you contradict yourself constantly - I only argue what you have said previously against what you say now.

And it's not my fault if you want to kill yourself. I'm only asking you to answer for what you've written. If you can't answer for your obnoxious opinions, then perhaps you shouldn't be issuing them.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 19-04-13 at 05:18 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I remember a very special young boy that joined an online school I've been attending for a few years. He was only 18, extremely intelligent and sensitive, struggling to find his place in this world like so many people. While some of his papers and interventions on the forum were absolutely brilliant, simply surpassing much older studetns that had been studying those subjects for years or all their life, some observations were a little bit immature and cynical, only natural since he was only 18, but secretly everybody loved him and enjoyed having him there. One day a teacher made a presentation on a subject of common interest for the school centred around his personality, gifts and some of his limitations. She had the best intentions, no doubt, and a profound admiration for him like all the others, maybe even greater since she had discovered him and invited him to the school but a few days later, he stopped attending the course unfortunately. I still think of him sometimes and miss him sharing some of his extraordinary ideas and even his funny cynical observations. I followed him on facebook a couple of years later but he was reluctant to speak with me for a while since I had been made part involuntarily of the moment when maybe he felt he had been fully exposed and without his permission.

While I agree with basylandthyme with choosing a topic on some of the difficulties that some of us have been through, I don't think that it should have been addressed to you, LR or any other person in particular.

Just my thoughts on this and hopefully no one will take my opinion or this thread personally.
    Last edited by Valixy; 19-04-13 at 11:32 PM.

Yeah Valixy, bad move on my part. I thought he may have an epiphany.....but then Indi started talking about this feeding his dark side (paraphrasing) and I don't know what that means.....

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    This thread is embarrassing. Noone posting here has real problems. It's just life, folks. If you want to see problems, visit the 3rd world.

Attachment 1741
    We never said our problems or past issues were as bad as what others go through but our point here is that everyone goes through crap. And btw losing my aunt was the hardest thing that my family had to ever go through. She was 36 years old, beautiful with two children and we watched her suffer in pain and slip away from us bit by bit. And we are still not over it-probably never will be and probably all need counselling so I dont appreciate you saying "we dont have real problems".

My point is and the same point B&T is trying to make is-you can either dwell on it or try to be happy. I could be bitter, twisted, angry, unhappy, start drinking heavily to cope with the pain, give up work due to depression and have a baby so I can get the dole etc or I can try to make the most of what I do have and heal in a constructive positive way (which is what I am doing) and we are hoping LR will understand that everyone has to deal with stuff-that is life but he needs to overcome his issues in order to be happy and make the most of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    The problem is that bad stuff dont happens to some people. Thats why they find simple problems real life breakers cause thats worst what happened to them. When infact with positive attitute most of these problems would be gone cause they in the head or simply doable. Its almost like a kid crying for candy that he cannot get cause thats the biggest disapointmen in his life.
    I agree with this. I have a cousin who was spoilt rotten all her life, never had to work for anything. Anyway she always makes a mountain out of a molehill-everything is a big drama with her and its annoying. Im just like "ya some people have real problems"... but thats what happens when your life is "perfect" for 18 years and then you have to face the big bad world.

Lots of new generation is like that - they newer really lived yet find life dificult. Their parents dont understand WTH is wrong with them cause they dont see these problems as even worth mentioning. So when life been too easy or problems was never faced, youngsters lack characteristics what rought life teaches - courage, faith, ability to take decisions, selfbelief. Things that become rare in modern age. Basicaly way how to end this to find your parh in life, be willing to develop yourself as a personality, do it for yourself, realise miracles dont exist its 90% hard work. Leave home(or comfort zone) for few years, learn to take care of yourself, just stop being vegetable.

Rocky said it pretty well
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Vg4uyYwEk
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    We never said our problems or past issues were as bad as what others go through but our point here is that everyone goes through crap. And btw losing my aunt was the hardest thing that my family had to ever go through. She was 36 years old, beautiful with two children and we watched her suffer in pain and slip away from us bit by bit. And we are still not over it-probably never will be and probably all need counselling so I dont appreciate you saying "we dont have real problems".
    That's tragic. I am sure others here, myself included, could share stories just as tragic. Yes, everyone goes through crap. That's a very good point that bears further reflection on what actually is the point of life, don't you think?

I suppose I choose to think I really don't have problems. I'm not going to judge your particular issue, Michelle, but I will suggest many people who whinge about their lives lack perspective about how bad life really can be elsewhere in the world. There are worse things than death surrounded by loved ones. I wish you well in your counselling. Perhaps you might consider some service to others in need to give you some perspective.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 19-04-13 at 11:33 PM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

lol I find that funny Indi and I think you completely missed the point. I am not whinging or feeling sorry for myself. I have already pointed out how positive I am, that I appreciate what I have and am grateful to be surrounded by such wonderful people. I don't take anything for granted anymore and that was the whole point of my story here. I am not going for counselling. I dont feel like I need it right now as I am healing everyday and feel stronger but I may need it one day and dont see anything wrong with getting help if I feel I need someone to talk to.

The whole point of this thread is to show LR that we all have gone through some difficult times and we are still happy people. That is all. Ya sure there are a ton of people in the world who have an autistic child, most people have lost someone they love, most people have at least one addict in their family or someone who died of an illness etc. That doesn't mean that we are never allowed to be hurt or upset about these things just because there are people starving in the third world and their lives are harder then ours. That way of thinking kinda baffles me to be honest.

Everybody goes through difficult times and in order to heal-most people need some support. Why do you think this forum is here in the first place? People come on here all the time for support and we dont say "get over it-theres kids dying in africa"

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast