+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: bad stuff happens.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, I'm glad you are healing. You suggested counselling in your post, btw, saying you'd likely all need it. As for the rest, the point is: perspective and where you choose to place your focus. I disagree about the point of this thread and whether it's helping LR, but we'll have to agree to disagree.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

It doesn't help having basil scrutinize me every ****ing second. That helps no one.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    The problem is that bad stuff dont happens to some people. Thats why they find simple problems real life breakers cause thats worst what happened to them. When infact with positive attitute most of these problems would be gone cause they in the head or simply doable. Its almost like a kid crying for candy that he cannot get cause thats the biggest disapointmen in his life.
    I think that occasionally happens, maybe only to the truly wealthy but otherwise I don't see where you come off labeling others' problems as so easy. I don't know your life story but I am sure you still have no grounds to tell someone else their problem(s) don't amount to anything. If you were a psychologist, would you tell a client "Your problems don't matter. NEXT!"?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I HAVE a child of today's generation. 14yo, polite, well mannered, gets on well with both sexes, academically high achieving. Pretty much everything which you say doesn't exist.

Probably because you've got lots of money and sending her to some privileged school with a bunch of brat suburban kids. It's real easy to fit in when your parents have money and you go to school with other rich kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I think that occasionally happens, maybe only to the truly wealthy but otherwise I don't see where you come off labeling others' problems as so easy. I don't know your life story but I am sure you still have no grounds to tell someone else their problem(s) don't amount to anything. If you were a psychologist, would you tell a client "Your problems don't matter. NEXT!"?
    I believe life really starts when you face bigger shit that you could imagine or believe to happen with you and deal with it. Life is huge gift and when you are young you have more than you realize. Only problem is you never know who you are until you lose who you are. When you have to fight for things you want in your life or fight just to keep them then you realize what they are worth. Once you have dream that you think of every day and giving your best to achieve it thats when you get real taste of life - when you find your path in life. Then every day have a huge purpoise cause it brings you closer to your goal that you want so bad. Put the dream in your heart and every action, every heartbeat will bring you closer to achieve it. Because every thing that you do will have a little more love in it cause it comes from heart. From burning desire to sucseed.
    Question yourself what are you gona do and most importantly how are you gona do it.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 20-04-13 at 04:39 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

You know, personal "fights" don't always have to manifest themselves in things to stop conversations dead with: "Ohh yeah, my parents died. So in answer to your question, no, this steak is not good." Otherwise, every depressed personal or anyone with a mental disorder should be slapped in the head and told to get back to work and stop being a stupid loony.

So you have the personal fight? Whats the conflict inside of you? Did your parents died? What do you mean with this "steak"?

I didn't say myself. I am just pointing out that death and disease aren't the only things in life that are causes of struggle.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Actually, I've always thought that death was a relatively minor problem. In the sense it's relatively uncomplicated... certainly the dead person has no stake in the problem. The fact I miss my passed on loved ones isn't a concern of theirs anymore, is it?

Oh, and for those with religious beliefs, well, then I really don't have much to worry about if there *is* an afterlife, do I?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Yes,yes, very metaphysical...But by that logic, everything is a minor problem.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    But by that logic, everything is a minor problem.
    And it IS! Really, except for my son or my longterm health... I have no problems. Neither do you, LR. Life is actually, pretty f-ing good.

Haven't you heard the saying: if a problem is solvable -- fix it--then stop worrying about it. If it isn't, don't worry about it, b/c you can't do anything anyway.

Your problem of getting a GF is totally solvable.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Death is good cause it shows us how short is life, how valuable is time. Even more when you been on the edge between life and death by yourself you realize how great it is to be alive and even if there is paradise its the mortal life that matters because everything is importand, everything have a impact on this planet.

I didn't say myself. I am just pointing out that death and disease aren't the only things in life that are causes of struggle.
    If you want to say something then say it ! Dont cirlce around !

I think your biggest problem is the lack of will and determination. You want this world to meet you with open hands and do everything for you so you can reap the fruits.
    It have to come from inside of you. The help of others should help just enought barely to get there - about 1% of help can come from outside. The rest 99% of efford and will must come from yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post

Your problem of getting a GF is totally solvable.
    Maybe it is. But as for feeling like a freak, worthless, stupid, burnt out..not sure...

Hence the call for therapy.

Getting you a GF won't help you in that regard... in fact it'll almost certainly continue, and then you'll eventually lose her because she'll get sick of your shit. So make that appointment.

It would definitely help. I'd be the happiest guy around.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast