+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: bad stuff happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Maybe it is. But as for feeling like a freak, worthless, stupid, burnt out..not sure...
    Its because you are freaky. Just love yourself for who you are. And you dont have worth because you didnt gave yourself any. Didnt done much to have worth. And you are stupid because you dont do much things that makes you think or makes you smart. And you are burnt out because your thoughts alone is consuming. Negative thoughts lead to negative actions.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Right, reading and going to school are very stupid things to do...Taking drugs, now THERE is a cerebral activity, right?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Right, reading and going to school are very stupid things to do.
    Yes it is stupid things to do. Because its the minimum. Education is the smallest whats expected from you. Is that what you want from life? The minimum? Then why are you putting minimum efford in it?
    You should be willing to give your best every single time. If you cant go to best school then get the best grades. But you need actual discipline to be able get high grades.

Oh, so I'm stupid because I do those things? I read for leisure; a lot of kids in this country don't. But I guess that makes me some kind of fantastic moron. I should have been aborted then, right?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

So what I read books too - is thats what makes be better than others? Its great that you can read and use your skill.
    But is reading are what you are all about? Could you pick up girl in liblary, talk pasionatly with her about the books and with doing so attract her?

Again - your problem is not in things that you do - its how you do them. Seems like you just dont wana live.

What is the meaning of the life?
    What is the one thing that you really, really want from this life?
    And how are you gona achieve it?

So picking up girls is an indication of intelligence? I'm not saying I read to brag or try to pass off the impression of being smart; I just don't like how you're implying that some sexist, racist garage mechanic who drinks a lot and lynches Black people could possibly be a genius. I was not implying any superiority solely due to the fact of reading; otherwise, all the TwiTards would be members of MENSA.

Your argument made no sense. If getting education is a minimum, then with all the dropouts and flunkies there sure are a lot of massive underachievers. Education in the U.S. is primarily to keep kids out of gangs and trouble in the streets, not entirely to actually educate them. The education system is not based on some Platonian or More-esque Utopian notions of informed citizens. Explain why education in the U.S. is only mandatory to high school, then. School is only compulsory until 18, and then the kids can choose to either go to college (which a LOT don't end up doing) or just sticking to one job for the rest of their life. You're acting as though choosing to be educated is not a choice. It is.

LR im confused.. your smart, you like reading, studying, exploring so imguesaing your also quite ambitious right? youer saying all this as if its a bad thing, as if it makes you weird orsomething. it doesnt. its actually admirable. i see myself as a bit of a "nerd" lol. but my bf thinks im more like the smart librarian who all of a sudden whips off her glasses and lets down her hair haha! sexy right?

my point is intelligence is v attractive but only to other intelligent people who are not intimidated by it.

i dont understand y you feel so bad about yourself. you pick flaws in everything and even think all your good qualities make you look bad to others. you really do need counselling

pcmaster is the one implying that reading is stupid. He says college is for the stupid, too. He says learning is moronic. Those are his arguments.

Probably because you've got lots of money and sending her to some privileged school with a bunch of brat suburban kids. It's real easy to fit in when your parents have money and you go to school with other rich kids.
    You really know **** all, you retard.

Yes, we have money, but our daughter goes to the local co-ed public high school. The one which many other parents choose not to send their children to. Why do I make this decision? Because I don't believe in surrounding a child with a fake microcosm of privilege. How will she learn to deal with people from all walks of life if she's not surrounded by them?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

pcmaster is the one implying that reading is stupid. He says college is for the stupid, too. He says learning is moronic. Those are his arguments.
    You're misquoting him. He thinks it's stupid if it's the only thing you do. And I agree with him. Learning is a wonderful thing, but if it's all you have in your life - then it must be a lonely sad place.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

So? She'll just bond with other well-to do children who were sent there for the same reason. Thus preserving the stratification in public schools. In fact, there will an obvious disparity in public school for this reason. It's almost like flaunting to kids who don't have money.

These questions I ask about you actually have meaning. If you would answer to them, you will explore and understand yourself better. Afterwards it would cleary show the problem so letting concentrate on it better and deal with it. But if you dont answer I cannot help.

What I mean by talking up girls in liblary - it doesnt matter you are reader or runner - you have to be passionate about what you do - that what attracts girls(and any other people), letting them see that you are going somwhere in life, that you love what you do. Education is very good thing but its not granted that piece of paper will give you beautiful life. Yes the discipline and persistance developed to achieve high grades can help in life but how many guys out there cant get a job cause they dont have expierience in the field or how many people actually never use their education afterwards? Are you diferent than they are?

I'm passionate about a ton of things and do things that reflect that. Still single.

I'm shocked that someone with a child with autism would call someone "retard." O.O

Anyway. LR you know what you have to do to get things happening for you so unless you enjoy the negative attention, I suggest you leave the thread because anything said here is not going to convince you to change anything, anytime soon and everyone is just getting frustrated over that status quo.

You could be doing something more productive like email all the chicks in your area and maybe scouting meetup.com to see whats going on there or checking out to see if there are any reading clubs at your school that you might enjoy.

My brother met his now widow at a group therapy session of all places. Like I said, every pot has a lid and he found his while getting over his shyness and social phobia.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

So? She'll just bond with other well-to do children who were sent there for the same reason. Thus preserving the stratification in public schools. In fact, there will an obvious disparity in public school for this reason. It's almost like flaunting to kids who don't have money.
    So, I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't? As you're so smart, what do you think middle class parents should do with their children's schooling?

She will bond with other *well behaved and polite children*. Her group doesn't care whether or not they have money....the only requirement to being in her group is being a pleasant person who doesn't cause trouble....and being a geek doesn't hurt either.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast