+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are guys such controlling freak?

Some sense of insecurities and Male Ego on top of it.

I think people are over reacting here.

It sounds to me like you are giving him reason to be concerned. Do you have a lot of guy friends and do they ring you a lot? If yes then I dont blame the guy for not trusting you. If I were him Id dump you. And why would his friends be ringing you? Unless its to get through to him-I find that weird. I get on well with my bf friends but I dont ring or text them or spend time alone with them.

I have never given my man a reason not to trust me and therefore he has never ever questioned me. Perhaps the problem is you?

I really have to laugh at the comments about "Male Insecurity" and "Male Ego". Society has come up with all sorts of shaming language to use on men who don't let their women mess around.

Quote Originally Posted by HeheMan View Post
    I really have to laugh at the comments about "Male Insecurity" and "Male Ego". Society has come up with all sorts of shaming language to use on men who don't let their women mess around.
    Do you ever stop to think of the psychological root of mens' needs to "keep their women in line"? In this instance as in most, there is no semblance of a rational authoritative stance. The guy WANTS and CONTROLS. No bueno!
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Do you ever stop to think of the psychological root of mens' needs to "keep their women in line"?
    You can say the exact same thing about women who do the same things. Except in that case, nobody talks about "Female Insecurity" and "Female Ego" now do they?

Pseudo-psychology for the fail.

Actually, yes, yes we do. Moot non-point for the fail.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Actually, yes, yes we do.
    Cool then you should have no problem citing some examples. I'll be waiting.

That's a ridiculous argument. I can give you anecdotal evidence but what's the point? I can't argue with an absurd argument. So troll on without me feeding you, bro.

I can give you anecdotal evidence
    Then why don't you? So far all you've done is given me an excuse not to back up your false claim.

Quote Originally Posted by HeheMan View Post
    You can say the exact same thing about women who do the same things. Except in that case, nobody talks about "Female Insecurity" and "Female Ego" now do they?

Pseudo-psychology for the fail.
    ya my ex used to freak when i did anything or went anywhere without telling her....even though she knew i wasnt wandering.....if she knew i was out with friends shed text me constantly to the point i couldnt even stop and enjoy the time out ......it sucked....

i once went out with an engaged female friend because she was the one i trusted and valued her advice the most...i didnt tell her i was going to go have some food with her because i wanted to ask her about our relationship problems....this girl was always so nice to my ex and tried her hardest to make her feel welcomed in our hometown....i told her that i was out with her once i was....she flipped "she probably told u to break up with me i know she has a bunch of friends that would like to date you".....i said "i just needed to someone to talk to"....i always kept our issues to myself.....

ughh....and for some reason this freak still has a piece of my heart and i think about it constantly

I feel you overanxious, about 8 years ago I dated a woman for about 6 months who would freak right out if she even THOUGHT I was looking at another female in a less-than-innocent way. She was a really nice girl as long as we were together, but whenever I was out, work, home, friends, anywhere, she always asked me "what were you doing?". Details and backup had to be provided. So yea, women can be like this too. I ended up leaving once I had just simply had enough. 6 months was brutal, 5 years might be a bit much for anyone. Sounds like the OPs bf isn't overbearing though, just a bit on the sketchy side.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12