+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriends texting habits

Girlfriends texting habits

My girlfriend seems to be temperamental with her texts. One minute she will be texting me back within 5 mins or so but then she will not respond for a couple of hours so I will send one and she will start replying again like nothings happened :| is this normal because it is very frustrating trying to talk to her about something and then just hear nothing for ages then she will answer the question but sometimes never answers to the question from hours ago?

Worst thing is she sometimes texts me in the middle of the night and wakes me so I respond and we text each other for a while within minutes of each text, then if she doesn't respond within 10mins I go back to sleep. She then sends one an hour later than the last text then she complains at me in the morning for not replying to a message!?!

Should I bring it up next time I see her?

i think you should not bring it up when you see her. by the way, stop the texting. you two should have call each other, not texting.

I think you should bring it up and discuss what the texting agreements are. While calling is better, everyone texts, and I think that is just part of the current culture. If you want her to say, "over and out," when she isn't going to respond for a while, then tell her that. And the texting in the middle of the night is ridiculous if you want to get your sleep. You two need to talk about that also. And why are you such a door mat? Why can't you tell her that you need to have some texting guidelines? Ann
    Ann

Is she still in hospital? If so she must feel very lonely and when she dont respond for hours thats when shes probably sleeping. Say dont fck around at night, thats when everyone should be sleeping !
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Stop responding to messages when you're sleeping, period.

This sounds a little like the classic I can ignore you but you'd better not ignore me syndrome that some people have. You need to be at my beck and call but I'm my own person and will get back to you in my own good time.

Are other aspects of your relationship this one sided?

Set guidelines and be assertive about it or you could end up getting walked all over.

Why are you trying to talk to her through text? Why don't you use the phone for what it was meant for ~ voice to voice interaction where you can resolve things without the other drifting away.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Is she still in hospital? If so she must feel very lonely and when she dont respond for hours thats when shes probably sleeping. Say dont fck around at night, thats when everyone should be sleeping !
    Yea, she is still in. I phoned her last night and she told me that she had fallen asleep in-between texts and she was sorry. She also apologised for the late night texts but said she just felt really lonely and wished I was there and since she has nothing to do she is bored out her mind and sleeps most of the day.

Hell hath no fury like me being woken by a text!! Self indulgent people sending texts late at night....sheesh

If she's annoying you with texts when you're sleeping, turn your phone off. If she asks why you didn't respond, say "I went to bed so I turned my phone off".
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.