+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paranoid, or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
    Yeah, this was just a random musing I had. Although, to be fair, during the early stages of dating, isn't it kind of expected to start building towards that physical relationship? Light innocent touching, holding hands, hugging, kissing, etc.? Ideally, I'd like to eventually be in a relationship where we're both physically affectionate to one another, but in the early goings, I'd feel very weird about even the most innocent of things. So, even though sex, itself, isn't something that happens right away, it seems like it's expected that there will be some level of physical interaction early on.
    Yep - without some type of physical interaction early on, you'll find yourself ending up in the friend zone. And even if a girl was keen on you, only the most conservative will be happy in a relationship without any type of physical contact. Most girls would want more and end the relationship.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    condoms dont protect you against herpes or genital warts. im sure genital cancer and losing your ding dong should be scarier then pregnancy lol

sorry im not helping the OP-just adding to his phobia. if you really hate kids-get the snip but then that ensures most women wont want you as a long term partner..
    And using inaccurate information to add to his phobia.

While condoms are not 100% protection against herpes and genital warts, they do offer some protection. And there's now Gardasil which helps protect from warts too.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Now the guy is so scared that he will never lose his virginity after reading all this.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Haha, like I said, I'm less concerned about diseases because I'd hope I'll be able to avoid getting sexually involved with someone that would pass that on. Granted, obviously, people can still gets STDs even if they don't sleep around that much, but still, I'm much more attracted to girls that are... well, smarter and more responsible, and at the very least, I'd hope if I were with a girl that had something, she'd tell me about it beforehand and we'd go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Yep - without some type of physical interaction early on, you'll find yourself ending up in the friend zone. And even if a girl was keen on you, only the most conservative will be happy in a relationship without any type of physical contact. Most girls would want more and end the relationship.
    Yeah, that's what I've heard. Hm. I think this is something I'll have a lot of trouble with, if/ when I start dating.

OP you dont need to worry about catching something. If you meet a girl you wanna be with and if she has more experience-you can ask her to get tested to be safe. You really dont need to worry about that. I wasnt trying to freak you out. I was just saying it for dramatic effect for all the sex addicts on here who'd **** anything or anyone.

Why dont you aim to meet a girl whos also inexperienced? That way you can go slow and she can go on the pill or the diaphragm and you can use condoms. When you fall in love-you might change your mind about kids.

My uncle has no experience with kids, he never had any interest in his nieces or nephews and I think he just found us irritating when we were young but he has a daughter now-shes almost 2. Hes amazing with her and adores her. Its different when you have your own kids. Having children changes most people. And once you know how to handle one-you generally become great with them all. (not that I have any-that is just an observation I have seen in others).

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Why dont you aim to meet a girl whos also inexperienced? That way you can go slow and she can go on the pill or the diaphragm and you can use condoms.
    Heh, well, I mean, that's not really something you can really shoot for, yanno? You can't really tell whether a girl is "inexperienced" or not unless you actually talk about it with her, which isn't really appropriate until you're already dating and getting to that point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12