+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in ONE true love?

Do you believe in ONE true love?

Do you believe that there is only one person in this world for you?

Think about it, I don't want my opinion to influence you just yet. Highlight below and you will be able to read it.

I don't, let me try to explain. If I were to move to Russia or China or any country, I think that I would find a woman who I would love and marry, because I would be looking for love. Back centuries ago when there wasn't much migration and people generally stayed in one place their whole life, they would find one person (from a small pond) to spend their lives with. One "true love" doesn't make sense to me. I don't believe that by traveling across the world I am finding my destiny in a single, chosen love, I am just moving somewhere where I can also find love.

If you are looking for love you'll find it whether you stay in your village or go all over the world. Because you are looking for it, not because you were meant to find it. If you are looking for love, you'll find it regardless.

I believe that there are a range of people whom you can love and marry, there could even be the love of one's life, but I can't reason that there is only one right woman for me. The concept is purely romantic and for literature.

There is only one person for me... in this neighborhood.

Thank you.

Dumb and immature question

Some NEVER find love. So I guess that kind of refutes your post....
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

when there is trust in true love we can find true love otherwise we have to find a lot for true love

I belive there is true love but you cant predict time and lenght. Also as long as your heart is open love have the chance to infect it.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I think a variety of people can fit the bill for someone. Unless you're extremely fussy. But coming by those people is very hard, and probably doesn't happen as often as we like.

I agree with you. I think there would be many compatible men for me.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

There are multiple therories it is more whatever you want to believe in.
    Yes wherever we go we can find love, but think about this, you are going to this or that city for a reason, for example work or because you chose that specific city. But the fact is you choose just one place to be, and you meet someone there. Maybe you are supposed to go to this city rather than an other and met that person.
    Yes there are multiple possibilities, but we choose just one. What if all the choice we make in our lives bring us to meet that specific person at that specific time.
    Life is more complicated than that. I hear so many stories about coincidence, for exemple I know a friend who went on vacay the other side of the planet and in a town met a couple that he knew from his small town?? crazy right. I hear stories like that all the time
    My point is there is not true or right, it is just whatever you believe in: destiny, coincidence, luck..
    It can be totally random, as you said, but we leave on a planet made with "chemicals" and we know "chemical" attraction exist between humans too.
    I feel like this is a question nobody can reply, we don't know maybe yes, we are chemically attracted to some ppl more than other, and that's how we find each other and meant to be together.
    Yes if you go to japan you will meet this girl, if you go to NY you will meet that one and in Dubai, another one, but the reality is you choose just to go to 1 place and if it is meant to happen, i believe you'll meet someone and it is up to you to see if that person is the right one for you, and if not you will try with an other one.
    Nobody is 100% meant for each other. Some will match 60 % some 80% , you just have to find the one that makes you happy and that you can make happy too and then decide to live with that person and try to make it work. You might live together 10 years, 20 and then pursue your life with another one or just be together forever.
    Unfortunattely is not because you "look"for love that you will find it, I know ppl from small town or NYC who never found love even looking for it..
    Maybe the problem is some people are trying to find the "perfect" one and are looking too much for someone too perfect and miss the opportunity to be with the right one for them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrProblem View Post
    I think a variety of people can fit the bill for someone. Unless you're extremely fussy. But coming by those people is very hard, and probably doesn't happen as often as we like.
    This.

There is no such thing as ONE true love. People have different levels of compatibility, that's all.

I think you can be compatible with multiple people and there is no such thing as one true love. There is also no such thing as love at first site, destiny, the one etc etc its all BS.

I think you meet someone, fall in love, figure out whether you are compatible or not. If you are you should stay together-put your heart and soul into it and never take each other for granted. Love takes work, commitment, trust, honesty, communication, give and take, compromise, realistic expectations etc.

People break up because they stop making an effort, the put themselves first, hurt each other etc etc. If giving up was not an option, if cheating or lying didnt happen, if people were not so selfish or if they stopped expecting love to be like twilight or some other stupid romance novel-then wed all be a lot happier. If people stopped thinking the grass might be greener and put that energy into their actual relationship-wed see less heartbreak. Sometimes I wish we could go back to the old days-my grandparents generation where they took their vows seriously and meant every word and giving up was not an option. And they seemed happy-a lot of them did.

Anyway thatl never happen coz this is a ****ed up world and people always want more and more and more and never really appreciate what they have got until its gone. As the years go on-the love fades, he becomes more lazy and selfish, she becomes more fed up and bored.. Thats life. I just hope its not mine.

edit: to say-please dont be offended by my blanket statement lol ^^. I know it can be the other way round too. She could get more lazy or selfish etc. It was just an example.
    Last edited by michelle23; 19-04-13 at 09:16 PM.

You can be compatible with many ppl in this world. And for some very difficult personalities such as psychotics, psychopaths, extremely fussy etc. well they will have a hard time finding true love because most ppl won't want to live with such personalities. And we do see many ppl thinking they have found true love, 20 yrs later getting a divorce. Or ppl live for 40 years with someone they call true love, that partner passes away and they fall in love with someone else. Life is full of surprises. But yes, I believe you can have true love if you are confident and happy and fulfilled in yourself, there you can meet a partner who is compatible that is also as confident, happy and fulfilled in themselves. I think this is the main importance to a healthy relationship plus communication.
    Last edited by bcgirl; 20-04-13 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    I think you can be compatible with multiple people and there is no such thing as one true love. There is also no such thing as love at first site, destiny, the one etc etc its all BS.

I think you meet someone, fall in love, figure out whether you are compatible or not. If you are you should stay together-put your heart and soul into it and never take each other for granted. Love takes work, commitment, trust, honesty, communication, give and take, compromise, realistic expectations etc.

People break up because they stop making an effort, the put themselves first, hurt each other etc etc. If giving up was not an option, if cheating or lying didnt happen, if people were not so selfish or if they stopped expecting love to be like twilight or some other stupid romance novel-then wed all be a lot happier. If people stopped thinking the grass might be greener and put that energy into their actual relationship-wed see less heartbreak. Sometimes I wish we could go back to the old days-my grandparents generation where they took their vows seriously and meant every word and giving up was not an option. And they seemed happy-a lot of them did.

Anyway thatl never happen coz this is a ****ed up world and people always want more and more and more and never really appreciate what they have got until its gone. As the years go on-the love fades, he becomes more lazy and selfish, she becomes more fed up and bored.. Thats life. I just hope its not mine.

edit: to say-please dont be offended by my blanket statement lol ^^. I know it can be the other way round too. She could get more lazy or selfish etc. It was just an example.
    so true...good stuff

i still remember this feeling with my ex that was so strange.....it was like we spent all of our free time together....texted i love you at night in the morning and day.....were lovey dovey...i was generous to her and helped her with whatever she needed if she was in need.....but i could never get the same...she did nice things for me and bought me clothes and stuff.....but i was always felt like what was mine was hers....but for her whatever was hers, financially, was hers.....i took her out to eat at nice places....countless times...i think the two times she actually paid for dinner she had this disappointed look on her face like wtf

she talked about marriage....but if youve been with someone for 2 years you want to see some sort of responsibility...and an ability to work together....especially if whatever is yours is going to be hers down the road....i always felt alone like when shed take her paychecks and go on shopping sprees for clothes or junk....when i was living in her hometown paying my way.while she lived at home....when she lived with me i took care of pretty much everything.....it took its toll on me and no matter how many times i stressed what was bothering me it never changed.....sometimes it would be met with tears or rage...and others id come away feeling like she might start to make an effort....i realize this girl has no concept of it.....she always be this way....terrible with money with no concept of what it takes ....constantly late with car payments/cell payments....always running late because her concept of time was off.....i remember oen time we were running late for church....because she took too long to get ready.....she asked if i wanted to get a coffee first and i said "im good ill wait till after were late"...she says "well i want one'...ok.....her parents ask her why we were late and shes like "well aaron had to have a coffee".....and then later denied she said that when i said "why do u throw me under the bus".......i always felt like part of the family....and loved for the most part......but i just dont think this girl ever understood how to really commit to someone fully and just get it right and be a team....to be on teh same page.....ahhhh sorry just venting

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you believe in 'The One' then you don't believe in free will. No such.

I do believe that, sometimes, life throws you a lucky break. Sometimes, its meeting a special person with whom you really connect.

It takes courage to grasp the brass ring. I think most of us recognize it when it comes. But unfortunately some people don't seem to believe they deserve it when it comes, so they let it slip and become miserable. Pity, b/c I see opportunities all around us.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

overanxious-that girl was a taker. she prob expected too much. its a good job its over

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast