+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Please help! Is it impossible to ever get a relationship with my views and character?

By the way those other high power careers you mentioned are full of ruthless narcissistic people. It is proven that narcissism is higher amongst males so that is probable why there are more men working in those areas.

And they are not nice people. Like I said already-we prefer down to earth people who treat us equally

White ppl come to Canada, rape the aboriginal women, introduce them to booze, put their kids in reformed schools where they rape them and force them to cut their hair, learn English wiping out their native tongue...and now we decide to say hey, sorry bout that...here is some freebie education, freebie living, don't worry bout payin taxes, here is welfare and food stamps. C'mon, it's no wonder many of them are addicts just scraping by. Have you taken a look at what goes on in these reserves? Tons of rape, molestation of children, filthy living conditions, drug and liquor abuse...And this is the norm. The reserve that's closest to where I live has on average a death once a month due to suicide or drug abuse. But how are they supposed to go from growing up as a kid in a reserve, witnessing all the abuse (not to mention the psychological impact this will carry on someone and why the cycle of alchohol and drugs continue on generations) going off and getting free education and a PH.D degree while at the same time holding a part-time job flipping burgers to pay ridiculous prices in rent (like many white kids) when they can live for free. We as non-aboriginals do not have that choice and so aren't wired from a young age to have a back up plan (unless its going back to parents place and mooching off them for free). It's no wonder the aboriginals aren't taking advantage of the free educational system. I remember in university, the very few aboriginal student taking advantage of free education...she spoke about wanting a better life away from the reserves..but reality struck and she got pregnant. What's a single mother to do? She dropped out. It may be different if you or your parent need to pay your own education. Dropping out isn't an option unless you want to waste thousands of dollars. When you get to do things for yourself it gives self worth and a purpose in life. This is what the white ppl took away from the aboriginals and majority of canadians wonder why they just aren't able to go off and live civilly like everyone else. Ghis was their land and now they are shunned from society. Sad
    Last edited by bcgirl; 25-04-13 at 10:32 PM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steed View Post
    A choice? But they have none! They have no means first to try a different life. If there would be a person, who will discover the world treasury of arts, sciences, poetry, philosophy, medicine, etc., and all the opportunities they can provide, and then after having attained the knowledge thereof at least so some extent, by say, becoming literate (learning at least one written language) and getting a university or at least a high school diploma, and only then say "No! I wish to go back to the wigwam and hunt beavers with a pointy stick!", (remember, firearms is not an aboriginal invention) then yes, I this will be a voluntary free decision.
    LOL, reading your posts is like watching someone add a dribble of fine wine to a shit stew. Thanks for the laugh, Steed, on reflection (but not too much) your posts are mildly interesting.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    By the way those other high power careers you mentioned are full of ruthless narcissistic people. It is proven that narcissism is higher amongst males so that is probable why there are more men working in those areas.

And they are not nice people. Like I said already-we prefer down to earth people who treat us equally
    Politics, politicians, academicians, thinkers, economists, businessmen, merchants, etc. are the ones who we should thank for living a life very different from the life of the middle ages.
    The are the ones who invented, changed and improved things. Without them we would still have to till the land with our hands, and do physical work for 20 hours a day, eat rubbish, live maximum of 35 years, enjoy oppression and arbitrary rule of the authorities. But the things are different nowadays, and this is only in virtue of the activities of the initiative people.
    Political apathy and indifference only hindered progress and acquisition of freedom. You have only two ways of arguments to prove me wrong: a) state that the way we live nowadays is the same to or worse than how we lived say 400 years ago or b) that it was not the people and the currents I mentioned who changed the situation but some one else was responsible for that (apolitical people, extraterrestrials or forest spirits for instance). None of the two options are plausible.

Where would we be today without the people like Voltaire, Bentham, Adam Smith, John Mill, Lincoln, Churchill, Martin Luther King, Reagan, Thatcher, etc.?
    Last edited by John Steed; 26-04-13 at 01:41 PM.

Politics, politicians, academicians, thinkers, economists, businessmen, merchants, etc. are the ones who we should thank for living a life very different from the life of the middle ages.
    The are the ones who invented, changed and improved things. Without them we would still have to till the land with our hands, and do physical work for 20 hours a day, eat rubbish, live maximum of 35 years, enjoy oppression and arbitrary rule of the authorities. But the things are different nowadays, and this is only in virtue of the activities of the initiative people.
    Political apathy and indifference only hindered progress and acquisition of freedom. You have only two ways of arguments to prove me wrong: a) state that the way we live nowadays is the same to or worse than how we lived say 400 years ago or b) that it was not the people and the currents I mentioned who changed the situation but some one else was responsible for that (apolitical people, extraterrestrials or forest spirits for instance). None of the two options are plausible.

Where would we be today without the people like Voltaire, Bentham, Adam Smith, John Mill, Lincoln, Churchill, Martin Luther King, Reagan, Thatcher, etc.?
    All of which had great love lives too. LOL

I think you really need a change in attitude.....you seem very immature for your age and somewhat argumentative.
    Last edited by surfhb2; 27-04-13 at 09:55 AM.

uh!! blah blah blah

sorry I dont mean to be rude but im quite bored.

I never said those people dont have their place in society and I never said they are ALL bad people. I simply said that a lot of the people attracted to power careers are ruthless, narcissistic pricks which may be why there are more males then females working in those areas as narcissism is more common among males.

I think you should get a new hobby as your obsession is unhealthy.

Theres nothing wrong with your interests or views-you just talk about it way too much which makes people yawn

Have fun being single forever

Please help! Is it impossible to ever get a relationship with my views and character?
    To get back on track.....I would say the answer to your question would be an emphatic "Yes "

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    To get back on track.....I would say the answer to your question would be an emphatic "Yes "
    Why? Because all females are obsessed with the aboriginals worshiping their "identity"?

It is a good rule of thumb never to discuss religion or politics in polite company.

^^ exactly

everyone has a different opinion and it normally leads to a heated argument. Its like two sports rivals saying their own team is better-they are never going to agree no matter what so its kinda a waste of time having the argument in the first place.

Why? Because all females are obsessed with the aboriginals worshiping their "identity"?
    You claim to be "intellectual" yet haven't posessed any in your posts. Perhaps that is why girls don't like you. We can be talking about gay rights for all I care, but ignorance isn't a sexy trait.

No.....like I said.....you're a bore

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    It is a good rule of thumb never to discuss religion or politics in polite company.
    With his attitude, I'd be surprised if he ever HAS company...
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    With his attitude, I'd be surprised if he ever HAS company...
    Ill bet $1000 LR gets laid before Mr Steed

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast