+ Follow This Topic

Thread: An introduction I never expected to make... Hello, everyone.

An introduction I never expected to make... Hello, everyone.

Greetings, everyone...

I'm a long time lurker, but never made an account. I never thought I'd have to, but I guess I've found myself in a position where I need to do more than search the forum for answers. Instead, I'm now in a position where I need a bit of support, and I think I will for a while, so here I am introducing myself to you all.

Anyways, a bit about me... I'm a 21 year old girl, recently single. Over a month ago I found my way out of a very difficult long term relationship -- which, surprisingly, was heading towards an engagement followed by an immediate wedding this summer -- that had been rocky for quite some time, and that I'd had major doubts about. In the end, I had no choice but to finally walk away from the nearly 7 year relationship that had been problematic for the last 3 years.

As a result of coming out of a serious relationship that lasted pretty much my entire dating life, I am incredibly nervous and uncertain about moving forward. I've been making attempts the last little while to try, but it continues to be a painful, emotional, and confusing process. Not only does my heart does still ache over the unsuccessful relationship that made up such a huge part of my life for so long (that I always thought would lead to marriage), but it is also incredibly scary to realize that I have been in just one relationship since I was 14 years old, which makes me feel incredibly inexperienced and out of the dating loop.

So yeah, that's me. I look forward to actively joining in the community here, and possibly making some friends!

-puts out a tray of freshly baked cookies for anyone who wanders in-

Hello Starting_Over, welcome aboard. Enjoy your visits.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

welcome. you just need to give yourself time. its hard but you did the right thing ending it and now you need to grieve the loss. it could take a year or two to fully recover-just try to do so in a constructive way. this is a new beginning, a fresh start. you can focus on work or study, family, friends, hobbies. stay busy and try to make yourself laugh a lot. watch comedies or read funny books etc and spend time with people who are positive and make you smile.

its better to stay away from men for awhile, learn to be happy alone until you feel strong again and confident. then you will be ready to open a new chapter and love again