+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do know how to take this?

Dont know how to take this?

this girl who i havnt seen in a few months cancelled on seeing me recently because she was ill, recently ive been texting her to try and meet up, her latest text was this:

"yh would be nice to catch up again been missing u but am just so loaded with studies around graduation now can hardly find any time, how about we postpone catch up with couple of weeks x"

the problem i have is on the one hand this isnt the first time she's let me down so i dont know how seriously i want to take this as an excuse.. on the other hand i have a friend in 3rd year like her at the moment and i havnt seen him for 2 odd weeks because hes been having to work flat out with no breaks. So chances are she is busy.

i want t stress that this is a casual relationship with this girl at the moment and we both want it to stay that way, although recently i showed a bit too much interest and i think its made her back off a bit, i dont know.
    what should i text back?

thanks
    Last edited by jamie2010taylor; 20-04-13 at 04:44 PM.

It's a casual relationship - about the only thing you can text back is "OK, call me when you're free and if I'm available, we can catch up". Don't put your life on hold for someone who's only casual.

If you want a girl who will commit to seeing you more often, you need to choose someone who wants to be a proper girlfriend.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Wouldn't add much else to basilandthyme's comments.

Haven't been here long but she seems a very sensible lady. Maybe the only thing I'd change is the bit about being available, might sound too aloof. I don't know, I'm not a game player - some people swear by the whole not seeming too interested thing.

The fact that she says she's missing you is positive but don't put all your eggs in this one basket.

Good luck with this.

Richard, I think the confusion comes from you thinking that this is a manipulation technique. It's not. I'd be just stating the facts as I see them. If there's one thing I learned the hard way in my dating years, it was to NOT wait for someone. If I say "if I'm available", then I'm just being honest.

Having said that, if someone really cares about us and wants a relationship, they won't put us on hold. As the OP said, this is a casual thing - and I suspect the girl in question wants nothing more concrete than how it currently is. The OP is a convenience to her.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

i think that you just moved on as reading your thread it just says that she cannot become your gf or ask for friendship.it just a hi or hello in the line...